Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Missing Reach Armor

OP Sceptius

Just saying: if they're going to make Reach armor the unlockable content for the first season, then they need to include things like the Pilot and Military Police helmets. It'd be weird and disappointing to leave anything out.
Sceptius wrote:
Just saying: if they're going to make Reach armor the unlockable content for the first season, then they need to include things like the Pilot and Military Police helmets. It'd be weird and disappointing to leave anything out.
Do you have reason to think those are being left out? I haven't seen a full list of what's available yet.
Sceptius wrote:
Do you have reason to think those are being left out? I haven't seen a full list of what's available yet.
Leaks, yes, and reputable ones. Can't speak too much of it here or the monitors will come.
I think it's more Noble Team rather than Reach armours in general, but I do agree. Pilot was my go to in Reach.
I doubt they would Incorporate the entire Halo Reach armoury in the first season. It is not only unfeasible to offer your own set of Unique armours and the entirety of the Reach armour customisations, but not the best business strategy either.

We know they are going to charge money for some Armours / skins in their battle passes.
Battle Passes (Currently) will have a freemium and Premium progression.
Releasing ALL the skins at once in 1 Pass means anyone who Buys that pass gets ALL of that armour.
Business wise, that's basically (price of the pass) for the ENTIRETY of the Halo Reach armoury.

That isn't going to happen.

At best we're likely to see 1 or 2 sets per battle pass incentivising the purchase of Other Passes.
This also gives Artists time to create and prioritise work in an orderly and timely fashion.
Assets are created ahead of time to get ahead of the content demand, but they aren't exactly 100% finished. Also it gives artists time to respond to what the most popular armour sets are and what route/style they will devote time to creating.

That being said, I don't think Reach armour sets should be In the battle Pass. I think they should be directly Tied to Campaign mission challenges and or completion.
Sceptius wrote:
weird to have the expectation that a halo game should use every single helmet from an older halo game. its not called the reach season, its a mix of new armors and armors from reach.
I doubt they would Incorporate the entire Halo Reach armoury in the first season. It is not only unfeasible to offer your own set of Unique armours and the entirety of the Reach armour customisations, but not the best business strategy either.

We know they are going to charge money for some Armours / skins in their battle passes.
Releasing ALL the skins at once in 1 Pass means anyone who Buys that pass gets ALL of that armour.
Business wise, that's basically (price of the pass) for the ENTIRETY of the Halo Reach armoury.

At best we're likely to see 1 or 2 sets per battle pass incentivising the purchase of Other Passes.
This also gives Artists time to create and prioritise work in an orderly and timely fashion.
Assets are created ahead of time to get ahead of the content demand, but they aren't exactly 100% finished. Also it gives artists time to respond to what the most popular armour sets are and what route/style they will devote time to creating.

That being said, I don't think Reach armour sets should be In the battle Pass. I think they should be directly Tied to Campaign mission challenges and or completion.
I mean I think it would be pretty reasonable to ask for the same number of customization items as reach at launch. In 2010 I paid $60, got a campaign with co-op at launch, forge, firefight, and MP will a full course of progression for me to unlock. Considering that $60 won't be getting me co-op or forge at launch, I would think it might be reasonable for them to offer a full suite of customization options and ranking opportunities at launch.
I'm definitely worried as well to see how much armor is locked behind a hard paywall aside from the battle pass. I definitely was hoping for a least a little more in the battle pass if the leak is anything to go by. As you say though, can't go into too much detail about it but I am definitely anxious to see how the monetization is when the game comes out in regards to armors we can unlock vs buy.
Sceptius wrote:
Sceptius wrote:
Leaks, yes, and reputable ones. Can't speak too much of it here or the monitors will come.
You need to remember that leaks are for items that are included on launch day. There will be hundreds, if not thousands of cosmetics and cosmetic sets added to infinite during the regularly scheduled updates. The reach sets will be in the game for sure, it's just a matter of "when, not if".
I'm definitely worried as well to see how much armor is locked behind a hard paywall aside from the battle pass. I definitely was hoping for a least a little more in the battle pass if the leak is anything to go by. As you say though, can't go into too much detail about it but I am definitely anxious to see how the monetization is when the game comes out in regards to armors we can unlock vs buy.
It's only 15$ for a 120-tier battle pass and if you don't want to pay for it, that's okay too. The stuff that is in the "paid" half of the pass will be in the "free" half of the following pass. This has been confirmed. No one will miss out if they don't want to spend 15$ on the 120-tier pass (which is a reasonable price for a free multiplayer game btw)
It's only 15$ for a 120-tier battle pass and if you don't want to pay for it, that's okay too. The stuff that is in the "paid" half of the pass will be in the "free" half of the following pass. This has been confirmed. No one will miss out if they don't want to spend 15$ on the 120-tier pass (which is a reasonable price for a free multiplayer game btw)
Ooh, could you provide a source for this? I haven't heard anything on this so far.
When was this ever confirmed? The most I remember is 343 mentioning limited time promotions will eventually be available in the in-game store.
It's also possible, I suppose, that Pilot and other missing pieces could be sold as purchase-only cosmetics that exist outside the battle pass track.
ErrantCM37 wrote:
When was this ever confirmed? The most I remember is 343 mentioning limited time promotions will eventually be available in the in-game store.
Yeah, the paid stuff being free in the next pass sounds incredibly fake and 343 at least has never said that.
I think it's more Noble Team rather than Reach armours in general, but I do agree. Pilot was my go to in Reach.
Ahh yes, the favorite Noble team helmets: CQB and JFO

I mean I think it would be pretty reasonable to ask for the same number of customization items as reach at launch. In 2010 I paid $60, got a campaign with co-op at launch, forge, firefight, and MP will a full course of progression for me to unlock. Considering that $60 won't be getting me co-op or forge at launch, I would think it might be reasonable for them to offer a full suite of customization options and ranking opportunities at launch.
I'm not sure why this is a concept people don't quite get. But Halo Reach was a 2010 Video game made over the course of a couple years. Good game doesn't = Same amount of work.

E.G. Model Fidelity is generally MUCH higher in New video games. This is something across the board. Buildings, characters, vehicles, etc. Maps are also generally Bigger and take up more space. These Factors alone change the volume of work that needs to be completed to match the same amount of things.
1 spartan Character model isn't now 1 week of work but 3 weeks (These are not accurate as it usually takes longer on the production process to get work done in these pipelines. Especially the approval process.).

New sizes in data and textures and new engine means new methods and systems to place these models into the game and make the performance acceptable.

Forge mode in Halo reach was Fun, but nearly everything was grey, with blue lights. It was just really basic lego blocks and some extra things. Forge mode since Halo 5 set a huge standard of quality that allowed more than ever before. Again a whole new, much bigger volume of work.

60 dollars for Halo reach 11 years ago is not the same value as it is today. Games are more expensive, more complicated, and have to overcome more hurdles to even function let alone be GOOD.

This isn't an argument to say you shouldn't expect more or Expect a certain level of quality, this is an argument for people to stop making unreasonable comparisons and tailor your expectations to be more realistic.
ErrantCM37 wrote:
Yeah, the paid stuff being free in the next pass sounds incredibly fake and 343 at least has never said that.
Just because it sounds "incredibly fake" to you, means nothing.

There are tons of games that do this with their battle passes, including Sea of Thieves
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There are tons of games that do this with their battle passes, including Sea of Thieves
I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'd just like proof. 343 has not made any statements saying they would do that.
ErrantCM37 wrote:

I'm also curious why you think this is "confirmed"

Can you share with us where you found this information?

I'm not sure why this is a concept people don't quite get. But Halo Reach was a 2010 Video game made over the course of a couple years. Good game doesn't = Same amount of work.

E.G. Model Fidelity is generally MUCH higher in New video games. This is something across the board. Buildings, characters, vehicles, etc. Maps are also generally Bigger and take up more space. These Factors alone change the volume of work that needs to be completed to match the same amount of things.
1 spartan Character model isn't now 1 week of work but 3 weeks (These are not accurate as it usually takes longer on the production process to get work done in these pipelines. Especially the approval process.).

New sizes in data and textures and new engine means new methods and systems to place these models into the game and make the performance acceptable.

Forge mode in Halo reach was Fun, but nearly everything was grey, with blue lights. It was just really basic lego blocks and some extra things. Forge mode since Halo 5 set a huge standard of quality that allowed more than ever before. Again a whole new, much bigger volume of work.

60 dollars for Halo reach 11 years ago is not the same value as it is today. Games are more expensive, more complicated, and have to overcome more hurdles to even function let alone be GOOD.

This isn't an argument to say you shouldn't expect more or Expect a certain level of quality, this is an argument for people to stop making unreasonable comparisons and tailor your expectations to be more realistic.
I disagree with your perspective here. Halo 2 was larger and more expansive than CE, and 3 was larger than 2. Reach once again upped the game. All I'm asking is that this game, 11 years after Reach, provide at least the baseline of experience that Reach did.

It's clear to me that a lot of customization that has already been created and polished is being withheld simply because it's "Free-to-play." Being free to play has absolutely no effect on me, I'm spending $60 on the game either way. I just think that for $60 I should get at least what I got in Halo Reach.