Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Monitor on Zeta Halo

OP FestivHunter

Do you think there will be a Monitor that shows up during the Campaign for Infinite? Every Installation was issued a monitor.
A lot of people have been theorizing that you can in fact see the three red dots in Chief's visor being Mendicant Bias 05-032. It wouldnt make sense to not have an installation monitor on one of the most iconic rings ever!!!
A lot of people have been theorizing that you can in fact see the three red dots in Chief's visor being Mendicant Bias 05-032. It wouldnt make sense to not have an installation monitor on one of the most iconic rings ever!!!
Isn't Mendicant Bias on Installation 00 though? How would he have gotten to Zeta Halo?
Isn't Mendicant Bias on Installation 00 though? How would he have gotten to Zeta Halo?
I cant really speak on the lore of any of the books but i believe Mendicant Bias was moved to Installation 07 during Forerunner-Flood war and was in charge of the installation. If you go through some lore videos, they better describe the circumstances which he came there.
He was fragmented, so a piece of him should be on Zeta. I want the monitor for the Zeta ring to show up though.
Motenbor27 wrote:
He was fragmented, so a piece of him should be on Zeta. I want the monitor for the Zeta ring to show up though.
Ah, I see. So he was fragmented. That makes sense. I'm not that big on the Forerunner-Flood war, so my knowledge is very little in regards to anything in that time period 😅
I imagine I'll play through all the campaign missions at least once, yeah.
Cortana is also messing around with the Domain, so he might have somehow jumped in on that at some point after 5.
sniper945 wrote:
Cortana is also messing around with the Domain, so he might have somehow jumped in on that at some point after 5.
Thats a good point. It may be since Mendicant Bias was corrupted by the logic plague and plausible that this happened to cortana while she stayed behind in H2 that she would/could somehow bring him back as an ally on the installation?
I imagine I'll play through all the campaign missions at least once, yeah.
Lol that’s not what I meant
I’m sure the monitor will show up at some point.
It would be interesting if say Chief finds out the monitor has been captured by the Banished, and a mission could have you rescue it?
It would mix things up a little.
The Monitor in charge of Installation 07 wasn't even discovered by the UNSC when they established base in 2555. It was said that the 343 Guilty Spark did make some reports in the past regarding the A.I so who knows what became of it...if it's even around still.
sniper945 wrote:
Thats a good point. It may be since Mendicant Bias was corrupted by the logic plague and plausible that this happened to cortana while she stayed behind in H2 that she would/could somehow bring him back as an ally on the installation?
I think he would dislike her over wanting to ally. Depending on how they would bring him into the story, it's possible he would see her corruption as a reminder of his own prior experience.
sniper945 wrote:
Mendicant Bias would absolutely despise Cortana for what she's become, because she's essentially following the same path he did during the Forerunner-Flood war. He spoke with the Gravemind, went rampant, took control of the first 12 Halo rings and, with the aid of the Primordial (the last intact Precursor) basically held the galaxy hostage while the Flood built up strength.

After overcoming his corruption, Mendicant Bias has likely achieved "metastability", a point of rampancy where an AI can truly be called a person. If Chief encounters him in Infinite (highly likely considering one of his fragments was left on Installation 07) then I'm betting he'll take Cortana's place as the "friendly voice in your head" in an attempt to right his wrongs and stop history repeating itself.
sniper945 wrote:
Mendicant Bias would absolutely despise Cortana for what she's become, because she's essentially following the same path he did during the Forerunner-Flood war. He spoke with the Gravemind, went rampant, took control of the first 12 Halo rings and, with the aid of the Primordial (the last intact Precursor) basically held the galaxy hostage while the Flood built up strength.

After overcoming his corruption, Mendicant Bias has likely achieved "metastability", a point of rampancy where an AI can truly be called a person. If Chief encounters him in Infinite (highly likely considering one of his fragments was left on Installation 07) then I'm betting he'll take Cortana's place as the "friendly voice in your head" in an attempt to right his wrongs and stop history repeating itself.
Great info! What if during the campaign you were to visit places in order to obtain the rest of mendicant bias and restore him? Could be along the lines of what you stated regarding him helping out Chief. 🤔