Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

More Brutes less Prometheans

OP Philmagill P117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Ideally, I would love for the removal of Prometheans entirely, in Halo Infinite. Otherwise I want to see more Brutes, Brute vehicles and Brute weapons. I want battles between Brutes and the Flood, like in Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare, not the same art style of course, but in terms of how Brutes would fight against Flood combat forms. Maybe even Atriox in Halo Infinite.
I would say make the Promethean more like the Sentinels instead of some weird half flood/half forerunner type enemy.
As for Brutes their appearance as an enemy would be interesting, I would ask for the power armored versions in Halo 3 to make a return, plasma weapons were needed to break their armor then you had to go grab a UNSC or a Brute weapon to finish them off.

Also the Brute weapon and vehicle pool could use some expansion. I know brutes don't seem to have a sniper rifle nor an anti vehicle, but how about this, some sort of spear launcher that has 8x zoom, but might not be as accurate as the other snipers at long range (still the most accurate for brute weapon). the spear sticks and after a short time (twice as long as a plasma grenade stick) it explodes. I can see a brute spear hitting a warthog and then everyone has the bail out before it blows up the warthog. Just a suggestion.
I would say make the Promethean more like the Sentinels instead of some weird half flood/half forerunner type enemy.
As for Brutes their appearance as an enemy would be interesting, I would ask for the power armored versions in Halo 3 to make a return, plasma weapons were needed to break their armor then you had to go grab a UNSC or a Brute weapon to finish them off.

Also the Brute weapon and vehicle pool could use some expansion. I know brutes don't seem to have a sniper rifle nor an anti vehicle, but how about this, some sort of spear launcher that has 8x zoom, but might not be as accurate as the other snipers at long range (still the most accurate for brute weapon). the spear sticks and after a short time (twice as long as a plasma grenade stick) it explodes. I can see a brute spear hitting a warthog and then everyone has the bail out before it blows up the warthog. Just a suggestion.
Exactly my friend, when I said remove Prometheans, my underlying message was to keep any classes of Sentinels, including Enforcers. Love the Brute spear idea! Also I love how you have shown interest in previous threads, which sadly got locked, I just wanted that old thread to be seen by 343i employees, which I believe it has.
I don't want the removal of the Prometheans entirely, because the emotional aspect of them being ancient Humans (and Humans from New Phoenix), can still be relevant. Now, if this is the last game to have them in, because their numbers are so few that a Flood outbreak eradicates them, I'd be okay with that.

As for Brutes, I'd want them to be more like the Halo 2 type, rather than Halo 3. In Halo 3, they just replaced Elites, but we already have hostile Elites from Covenant remnant groups, or the Banished. We don't need two identical enemy types, especially in the same faction. Looking at the Banished Brutes in Halo Wars 2 cutscenes, the average one doesn't have energy shields. Just thick armour.
I don't want them to remove Prometheans because I think there's a lot of potential there but I am VERY excited for when the Banished inevitably get into the FPS games.
I had the most fun in Halo campaigns when there was more "organic" or more "humanoid" like characters. The new digital characters was a stretch and creative sure, it was cool to think, but it ran its course quickly in the first few missions then the next two games. I would like to see a lot more renegade elites/brutes or any other new humanoid character.
I don't want them to be removed because I'm not sure if it would make sense, even though I disliked them, it's still quite important to not ditch them. It's a sequel to Halo 5 and Chief is going to defeat the evil cortana and the prometheans. I would like prometheans to feel more of a human since they are humans with robotic genetics. Make them more than just robots cuz Halo 5 was just way too robotic. I would like Warden eternal to have more of a character.
I would like that too! I did find the brutes kind of annoying but they are way better than the Prometheans. But I would like more that neither of them return and maybe Atriox only returnes in a other game because his character won't really fit in the "master chief" story because Atriox is like a pirate
Sebbe29 wrote:
I would like that too! I did find the brutes kind of annoying but they are way better than the Prometheans. But I would like more that neither of them return and maybe Atriox only returnes in a other game because his character won't really fit in the "master chief" story because Atriox is like a pirate
at least I think that Atriox was a pirate? I could be wrong
Yep. I can get on-board with that.
Ideally, I would love for the removal of Prometheans entirely, in Halo Infinite. Otherwise I want to see more Brutes, Brute vehicles and Brute weapons. I want battles between Brutes and the Flood, like in Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare, not the same art style of course, but in terms of how Brutes would fight against Flood combat forms. Maybe even Atriox in Halo Infinite.
I have a better idea. How about... Brute-Promethean cyborgs. Or just levels where Brutes fight Preometheans, like how the Covenant fought the Flood and the Sentinels in Combat Evolved?

Exactly my friend, when I said remove Prometheans, my underlying message was to keep any classes of Sentinels, including Enforcers. Love the Brute spear idea! Also I love how you have shown interest in previous threads, which sadly got locked, I just wanted that old thread to be seen by 343i employees, which I believe it has.
Yeah forums are not the best place to get the attention of a developer at 343, a community relations may see it but that is already a big if and even bigger one that they pass that suggestion on to the other devs. I don't even know why I post suggestions, maybe I am just hopeing that a modder might take it into consideration and put it in.
I don't know if it is a smart idea to remove them, they have been in too many main halo games to do this unlike the skirmishers or engineers

Yeah forums are not the best place to et the attention of a developer at 343, a community relations may see it but that is already a big if and even bigger one that they pass that suggestion on to the other devs. I don't even know why I post suggestions, maybe I am just hopeing that a modder might take it into consideration and put it in.
The developers do look at suggestions and player feedback all the time. They probably don't just bring every single idea we post here to the team, it is not as simple as it seems. Like why would they come up and say "You know what? Let's remove the Prometheans entirely and pretend they never happened!" It is not just incredibly lazy it does not make sense.

Yeah forums are not the best place to et the attention of a developer at 343, a community relations may see it but that is already a big if and even bigger one that they pass that suggestion on to the other devs. I don't even know why I post suggestions, maybe I am just hopeing that a modder might take it into consideration and put it in.
The developers do look at suggestions and player feedback all the time. They probably don't just bring every single idea we post here to the team, it is not as simple as it seems. Like why would they come up and say "You know what? Let's remove the Prometheans entirely and pretend they never happened!" It is not just incredibly lazy it does not make sense.
I'm not suggesting this is a cowardly move at all though, the removal of Prometheans could be subtle, which isn't a problem, but they could choose to explain this with cut scenes. This would only draw more attention to the removal of Prometheans, which in my opinion I do not like. Also how would it not make sense? I don't understand where you are coming from, because Halo has been fine without Prometheans for over 11 years, and yes you are talking about their decision to remove them but we all know that the larger portion of the Halo community doesn't want or even know about them. Remember Halo 4 and 5 were a huge failure in retention and other statistical categories. The weapons have amazing animations, but it just ain't what Halo is. Halo 4 and 5 gave it a more cinematic feel, a dark feel. Yet managed to entirely remove emotion from the story. Not something we want from Halo. Halo is a sad, heroic and comedic game, all at the same time and that is what it should have continued to be. The Forerunner and Prometheans are not the same thing, the Forerunner should of course stay, their soldier were Sentinels, much more robotic, clunky and silver. That is how Forerunner soldiers should look like. Also Halo 4 and 5 compromised simplicity for the worst, Halo 3 and below had a perfect balance in simplicity and sometimes in complexity which was found in AI behaviour. This is what 343i should strive for. But hey this is my own opinion, I do not aim belittle anyone.
Also the Brute weapon and vehicle pool could use some expansion. I know brutes don't seem to have a sniper rifle nor an anti vehicle...[...]
A huge sniper with a bayonet that shoots a giant spike to impale enemies? Yes please! As for anti-vehicle: just upgrade the Brute Shot for that.

Also: big yes to more Brutes (introduce Banished?) and less Prometheans.
I'd rather them go back to using Sentinels and variations as the main forerunner enemy. The biggest issue 343 has is that the Prometheans are not distinct in game play. They were more so in Halo 4, but in Halo 5, likely due to backlash, they made them little different than covenant with new skins.
I say the more enemy types the better. I liked what halo 5 did for the prometheans minus taking away the crawlers ability to walk on walls and such. The Banished have a lot to offer in their new lekgolo forms and badass brute arsenal. The various sentinel forms had a aerial combat element that’s been missing for a few games now(didn’t count watchers sense they are mostly support). I’d also love for the drones and skirmishes to return, the skirmishes especially were fun enemies to fight.

I'm not suggesting this is a cowardly move at all though, the removal of Prometheans could be subtle, which isn't a problem, but they could choose to explain this with cut scenes. This would only draw more attention to the removal of Prometheans, which in my opinion I do not like. Also how would it not make sense? I don't understand where you are coming from, because Halo has been fine without Prometheans for over 11 years, and yes you are talking about their decision to remove them but we all know that the larger portion of the Halo community doesn't want or even know about them. Remember Halo 4 and 5 were a huge failure in retention and other statistical categories. The weapons have amazing animations, but it just ain't what Halo is. Halo 4 and 5 gave it a more cinematic feel, a dark feel. Yet managed to entirely remove emotion from the story. Not something we want from Halo. Halo is a sad, heroic and comedic game, all at the same time and that is what it should have continued to be. The Forerunner and Prometheans are not the same thing, the Forerunner should of course stay, their soldier were Sentinels, much more robotic, clunky and silver. That is how Forerunner soldiers should look like. Also Halo 4 and 5 compromised simplicity for the worst, Halo 3 and below had a perfect balance in simplicity and sometimes in complexity which was found in AI behaviour. This is what 343i should strive for. But hey this is my own opinion, I do not aim belittle anyone.
A lot of peole do not like the Prometheans. Me too, I think they are fine sometimes, but still needs tweaking to be good. And Halo is not like a reality show the public decides who stays and who goes away. I prefer a million times 343 use their efforts to make the Prometheans good than to remove them in cutscenes which is lazy at best, a simple lore explanations does not make it less lazy.
Of couse you didn't felt the absence of the prometheans before they were introduced, because they weren't there, but now they exist, you can't simply toss them away like that.
A solution I would say is, if we are going to explore the entire Halo, maybe there are regions controlled by the Covenant, others by Brutes others by the flood, other by Prometheans and so on.
I definitely think 343 needs to be using the Brutes much more for a few different reasons. For one, the Elites have just been too Brute-like and I think having the Brutes in would help to fix that in order to have more distinction between the two. Also, 343 just seems to favor the things Brutes represent in general and I think this translates into the gameplay they make as well. The Promethean soldier for example is basically just a nimble and reserved Brute because of their armor mechanic. They could do much better by instead expanding upon the Brutes which they were starting to in Halo Wars 2. Plus, they were just a fun&unique enemy to fight so I'd love to see them again and have a more diverse cast of enemy types to fight.

As for Prometheans, this should give them another chance to re-evaluate them. I really think there are good ways to do them and Halo 4 was at least a first step towards that but Halo 5 was a step back as they caved-in and instead made them more like the Covenant faction we've always fought. Now, I do think we should probably not be fighting them as much as we have in 4/5 but if they're done right I'd welcome their inclusion in any mission so long as it fits reasonably with the story (which should be no issue). Speaking of which, I think the Flood also needs to be re-introduced to make the Prometheans much more relevant as that was their original intended enemy. That way it'd help centralize their overall design both aesthetically and weapon-gameplay-wise.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3