Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

More Brutes less Prometheans

OP Philmagill P117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
In my opinion, I think Prometheans should still be In Halo.
Instead of just being something to shoot at, they should have a purpose. Maybe they are used as Guards on one of the installations to prevent any trespassers from activating a halo ring.

They should also have a redesign because in my perspective, they don't look like the something the Forerunners would have made.

Here Is A Link To How They Should Look Like
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cqb3Mq3XgAAcFD5.jpg:large

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/halo-spv3/images/c/cf/Sentinel_Soldier.PNG/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/220?cb=20170928163357

That's all the feedback I need to share online.
In a perfect world I would also love to see the Promethean design as it is now to be completely removed from Infinite, sadly this is VERY unlikely to happen, therefore it would be nice since were going back to a Halo to see a redesign of the Promethean, make them look more like the original forerunner designs and have much much less of them in the campaign and in their stead have some other alien enemy that we need to fight, I would love to see the banished in Infinite and finally fight them in an FPS, aside from the return of the brutes and their weapons and vehicles we could see dozens of new vehicles and weapons from the banished arsenal which i think would be pretty awesome
I don't want them to remove Prometheans because I think there's a lot of potential there but I am VERY excited for when the Banished inevitably get into the FPS games.
Ideally I would like to see the Prometheans gone but I doubt that will happen but who knows. I'd be fine with them in Infinite but in small numbers however.
I'd prefer Prometheans exit the picture at this point. Prometheans aren't fun to fight. It is a chore. And worse, Prometheans lack personality. Brutes don't share this shortcoming and their various ranks and weapons make them very fun to fight. But most importantly, Brutes gave the story a special quality Prometheans never could and I'm still not sure Prometheans can. Honestly, I enjoyed Halo long before anyone knew what Prometheans were.
*Prometheans sad noises.

Less prometheans but don't remove them.
I agree OP.

But I doubt it will happen. I think this whole classic reboot thing was a big lie to be honest
I don't want them to remove Prometheans because I think there's a lot of potential there but I am VERY excited for when the Banished inevitably get into the FPS games.
Ideally I would like to see the Prometheans gone but I doubt that will happen but who knows. I'd be fine with them in Infinite but in small numbers however.
As they are in H4/5 they're not that interesting but I think with a visual overhaul, more variation in troops, slight mechanic tweaks, and some more vehicles I think they can be really cool. Pronetheans as a concept I think add to Halo but 343i have dropped the ball on execution for them in my opinion.
More Brutes, less Prometheans. More Flood, even less Prometheans. More Sentinels, no Prometheans.
I would take covenant species, including brutes, anyday over prometheans in Halo. I just doubt that prometheans could be entirely removed from game without some weird lorejumps over big events which wouldn't be that good of a choice either.

But hopefully there would be a sensible way to remove prometheans without skipping some major event, usually games add factions when the game goes on instead of removing halfway through the game.
I agree just don't ruin the brutes like the elites
Personally, I'd prefer Reach Brutes (minus armor lock) since they were actually mobile (whereas the H2/H3 Brutes would just stand there shooting unless something dangerous came their way) and less damage spongey, but the Chieftains should definitely have power armor with removable helmets. As humorous as it was to stun-lock them with melee, it made them too easy to dispatch. How could this be circumvented I wonder. Bring back the jumping melee for hammer Chieftain, give the fuel rod Chieftain a new gimmick to distinguish it from it's counterpart. The hammer Chieftain was significantly less responsive compared to the HCE Zealot, but it was still fun watching him go toe-to-toe with Arby and Flood forms.
I actually would prefer Prometheans, add a bit more of a story element to them and give them a reason to exist, would be all I want added.

Brutes mostly bored me, elites were good, but Brutes were silly and not difficult to fight. Prometheans, at least on legendary, gave a bit more of a fight to go up against.
We need some input from Clever Brutius. Haven't heard from him in a while. ;)

If the Brutes do return, I just don't want them to be Halo 2 style bullet sponges, that's all. (Although Halo 5 Prometheans aren't much better in that regard I suppose.)
DonVinzone wrote:
Also the Brute weapon and vehicle pool could use some expansion. I know brutes don't seem to have a sniper rifle nor an anti vehicle...[...]
A huge sniper with a bayonet that shoots a giant spike to impale enemies? Yes please! As for anti-vehicle: just upgrade the Brute Shot for that.

Also: big yes to more Brutes (introduce Banished?) and less Prometheans.
Well the brute shot was always good as an anti-light vehicle made for tipping over warthogs. I never thought it equals to an anti tank weapon, that would be the fuel rod cannon (and later plasma launcher). Perhaps there could be a different weapon to serve as the anti tank role. Maybe some sort of brute cannon that shoots a volley of spike grenades but does more vehicle damage per grenade.
I definitely think 343 needs to be using the Brutes much more for a few different reasons. For one, the Elites have just been too Brute-like and I think having the Brutes in would help to fix that in order to have more distinction between the two. Also, 343 just seems to favor the things Brutes represent in general and I think this translates into the gameplay they make as well. The Promethean soldier for example is basically just a nimble and reserved Brute because of their armor mechanic. They could do much better by instead expanding upon the Brutes which they were starting to in Halo Wars 2. Plus, they were just a fun&unique enemy to fight so I'd love to see them again and have a more diverse cast of enemy types to fight.

As for Prometheans, this should give them another chance to re-evaluate them. I really think there are good ways to do them and Halo 4 was at least a first step towards that but Halo 5 was a step back as they caved-in and instead made them more like the Covenant faction we've always fought. Now, I do think we should probably not be fighting them as much as we have in 4/5 but if they're done right I'd welcome their inclusion in any mission so long as it fits reasonably with the story (which should be no issue). Speaking of which, I think the Flood also needs to be re-introduced to make the Prometheans much more relevant as that was their original intended enemy. That way it'd help centralize their overall design both aesthetically and weapon-gameplay-wise.
Brutes are certainly a formidable opponent or unlikely friend. Could we play as Brute in the campaign? I love your first point, it shows in my opinion, Prometheans devalued Halo.
Quote:
I know brutes don't seem to have a sniper rifle nor an anti vehicle, but how about this, some sort of spear launcher that has 8x zoom, but might not be as accurate as the other snipers at long range (still the most accurate for brute weapon). the spear sticks and after a short time (twice as long as a plasma grenade stick) it explodes. I can see a brute spear hitting a warthog and then everyone has the bail out before it blows up the warthog. Just a suggestion.
Off of this idea, I think they should throw the projectile instead, with their incredible size and strength it will be accurate and deadly. The spear explosion can be similar to a spike grenade in power and animation, with spikes being released into the air. Additionally, if they were to have a sniper it would be similar to a covenant beam rifle.

Here is another idea. A new Brute vehicle could have a harpoon-like launcher on the front and a ski-like appearance, like all the Brute vehicles. Reinforcing the brutality and primitiveness of their race. In addition, I would like to see a protagonist Brute character for once, who was maybe violently rejected from his clan by a chieftain, maybe he was to be executed for failing in combat and escaped narrowly, on the brink of death he was found by a female character apart of the UNSC.
DonVinzone wrote:
Also the Brute weapon and vehicle pool could use some expansion. I know brutes don't seem to have a sniper rifle nor an anti vehicle...[...]
A huge sniper with a bayonet that shoots a giant spike to impale enemies? Yes please! As for anti-vehicle: just upgrade the Brute Shot for that.

Well the brute shot was always good as an anti-light vehicle made for tipping over warthogs. I never thought it equals to an anti tank weapon, that would be the fuel rod cannon (and later plasma launcher). Perhaps there could be a different weapon to serve as the anti tank role. Maybe some sort of brute cannon that shoots a volley of spike grenades but does more vehicle damage per grenade.
Very interesting point it elicits more ideas, if it were to be designed by the Brutes it would have to be a mix of primitiveness, sturdiness and futuristic technology at the same time. I think Brutes would also rely off of anti-tank mines, similar to the ones in Halo 3. I love the idea of this Brute launcher though.
I definitely think 343 needs to be using the Brutes much more for a few different reasons. For one, the Elites have just been too Brute-like and I think having the Brutes in would help to fix that in order to have more distinction between the two. Also, 343 just seems to favor the things Brutes represent in general and I think this translates into the gameplay they make as well. The Promethean soldier for example is basically just a nimble and reserved Brute because of their armor mechanic. They could do much better by instead expanding upon the Brutes which they were starting to in Halo Wars 2. Plus, they were just a fun&unique enemy to fight so I'd love to see them again and have a more diverse cast of enemy types to fight.

As for Prometheans, this should give them another chance to re-evaluate them. I really think there are good ways to do them and Halo 4 was at least a first step towards that but Halo 5 was a step back as they caved-in and instead made them more like the Covenant faction we've always fought. Now, I do think we should probably not be fighting them as much as we have in 4/5 but if they're done right I'd welcome their inclusion in any mission so long as it fits reasonably with the story (which should be no issue). Speaking of which, I think the Flood also needs to be re-introduced to make the Prometheans much more relevant as that was their original intended enemy. That way it'd help centralize their overall design both aesthetically and weapon-gameplay-wise.
Agree to everything but I have some doubts about the Flood: it's probably not a good idea to introduce another faction in the mix, Halo 5 did leave us already with tons of them ^_^" I would prefer them not to risk making a garbage story again just to go all guns blazing...
DonVinzone wrote:

Very interesting point it elicits more ideas, if it were to be designed by the Brutes it would have to be a mix of primitiveness, sturdiness and futuristic technology at the same time. I think Brutes would also rely off of anti-tank mines, similar to the ones in Halo 3. I love the idea of this Brute launcher though.
Oooh a Brute disc launcher which would throw pretty much the mines from H3. That could be something to consider for an anti-vehicle role.

Agree to everything but I have some doubts about the Flood: it's probably not a good idea to introduce another faction in the mix, Halo 5 did leave us already with tons of them ^_^" I would prefer them not to risk making a garbage story again just to go all guns blazing...
Glad we agree on so much. I'm still of the opposite opinion that they could add the flood most likely without ending up with a garbage story AND, most importantly, have richer/funner gameplay as a result. Though, I understand some of what I said was subjective and we may also differ in what we value in our games. For me personally, I'm playing a video game so gameplay is whats most important to me even if at the cost of the story, which I don't think should be the case as someone creative should be able to figure out how to conform a good story around the gameplay. Thats just my game-making philosophy though. Gameplay first, then story on top as a finisher, or icing to a cake if you will.
I'm a little confused by what you mean by tons of factions in Halo 5. We had the Covenant and Prometheans. If your also talking about the Swords of Sanghelios as a 'faction' then I can see where your coming from but I personally don't count them as they didn't add anything in terms of new soldiers/classes/mechanics/enemies. If so, I guess thats just another case of our differences in views between story/gameplay.
Whatever route they decide to take it seems their relatively on the right track if I were to judge things just by the recent trailer.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3