Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] MOVE HALO FORWARD NOT BACKWARD!

OP D TheLastKing

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
It looks like the game is going back to old times 343 please I beg you DON'T REMOVE SPRINT OR CLAMBER. If we want a halo 3 clone we have the MCC. Don't listen to those stuck with nostalgia in their blood. Give it a good story and locations. No sprint or clamber is simply too outdated. Having them add to gameplay and scenario outcomes and let's not forget custom games. Please you have to have it. There's always an option to have playlist without. Don't hold the game back when you can advance it or have both options. Sprint has hurt nothing when balanced. Which halo 5 did well and could do even better if need be. And Please tell me that's not his permit armor in-game. The1st infinite trailer looked better. It didn't reveal much but I swear his helmet was different and hand plates. The 1st one had a smooth looking armor, it looked new but resembled his old armor. Now it just look like super old and outdated. Honestly it looks worst than his halo 3 armor. The green is too bright the 117 is a no go. Too many lines and blocky edges to his armor. I think we can unlock and change his armor. The way he was walking and outdated look remind me of Legos. Play don't make it an outdated game.
Pretty ballsy time to bring up the sprint or no sprint debate, considering the forum is pretty active after the trailer release.
Perhaps a bit of both could work; have sprint and clamber for social gametypes, and neither for competitive gametypes. There, problem solved.
Original halos - sold millions and most popular

halo 4 and 5 - sold way way way less and not popular

If they bring back halos tired and true formula form the originals they are taking huge leaps forward

in order for halo to thrive it needs to go back to its roots. End of story
I mean, people could just play H4/H5 if they want sprint and "modern" features 🤷. Since you're wanting to say people have mcc for "outdated" gameplay anyways. I think having sprint is a thing of the past, time to move on now right.
Rofl, so every game without sprint is a Halo 3 copy. Going by your great logic "I don't want sprint in Infinite, otherwise it would be a copy of H5"

Including / not including "sprint" in a game has nothing to do with modern / old gameplay styles. It's about preference. There are a couple of successful games without sprint. But I don't see any reason to take this discussion any further, I doubt that you have much knowledge about gameplay / movement mechanics / influence on the sandbox.
No way you can have Warzone without sprint. It's returning it has too
In before this thread gets locked. There is already a thread on this subject. I'll be happy if we never see spartain abilities again, they killed Halo.
In before this thread gets locked. There is already a thread on this subject. I'll be happy if we never see spartain abilities again, they killed Halo.
This is about halo infinite and I talk about what I saw and expect. No it didn't Armor abilities did tho. So glad halo 5 didn't include them.
No it didn't. Armor abilities did tho. So glad halo 5 didn't include them.
You are categorically wrong here. Look at the bright side though, you can always play Halo 4 and 5! ; )
I think that assuming that Halo 4/5 are Halo “moving forward” is the key weakness in your post. The next game (or any form of media for that matter) is not necessarily the correct next step, and is sometimes a step backwards. If anything Infinite is a step in the right direction.
I'm extremely agree with you OP, all this stupid nostalgia thing is scaring me
If we're being honest, adding a fourth element to the gameplay started in Halo 3 with equipment, but was then exaggerated in Reach with Armour Abilities. At least in Halo 5, every player has the same [Spartan] Abilities. That is at least fair.

Halo can be Halo with or without sprint. The story and features, such as the multiplayer game types, Forge, Theatre, etc, are more important. Would Halo 3 have been ruined if it launched exactly as it did, but you could sprint? Of course not. Had sprint not been present in Halo 5, would it be a better game at launch? Absolutely not. Everyone is going to have a preference, obviously, but one or the other doesn't ruin the game.

Either way, we haven't seen very much of Infinite at all. So other than some of the art style, we have no idea which direction the game is heading.
I think that assuming that Halo 4/5 are Halo “moving forward” is the key weakness in your post. The next game (or any form of media for that matter) is not necessarily the correct next step, and is sometimes a step backwards. If anything Infinite is a step in the right direction.
That's bold statement coming from such little revealed detail. There's no gameplay as of yet. We just have retro armor.
Halo 4 did something different and went in the wrong direction mostly cause it tried to built on what reach did. Halo 5 is EXACTLY what you call moving forward and in the right direction. It stayed true to halos core while adding and doing things differently and it resulted in a more fleshed game with better mechanics. The thrusting abilities is up for debate but that's not what made halo 5 tho and they could be remove and it'll still play the same. Personally I feel like equipment should return and have trusters as an equipment pick up. And it runs out after X about of uses.
Halo 4 did something different and went in the wrong direction mostly cause it tried to built on what reach did. Halo 5 is EXACTLY what you call moving forward and in the right direction. It stayed true to halos core while adding and doing things differently and it resulted in a more fleshed game with better mechanics. The thrusting abilities is up for debate but that's not what made halo 5 tho and they could be remove and it'll still play the same.
Tell that to the sales of 4 and 5....
Halo 4 did something different and went in the wrong direction mostly cause it tried to built on what reach did. Halo 5 is EXACTLY what you call moving forward and in the right direction. It stayed true to halos core while adding and doing things differently and it resulted in a more fleshed game with better mechanics. The thrusting abilities is up for debate but that's not what made halo 5 tho and they could be remove and it'll still play the same.
Halo 5 sold 5 million in 3 months. And idk if you knew this but XBO has sold as much as 360.
Halo 5 sold 5 million in 3 months. And idk if you knew this but XBO has sold as much as 360.
Yeah. 5 million means it ALMOST sold as much as CE which sold 5.5 million. Sales
Original halos - sold millions and most popular

halo 4 and 5 - sold way way way less and not popular

If they bring back halos tired and true formula form the originals they are taking huge leaps forward

in order for halo to thrive it needs to go back to its roots. End of story
Original Halos: minimum gaming competition on console
Modern Halos: nearly a decade after the originals with dozens of competitors across multiple platforms

It's almost like the massive competition and rise of numerous new options with massive multiplayer battles and 32 V 32 fights, yearly editions, F2P games and Destiny/Warframe took a toll on a niche game.

We don't need another COD rehash clone pumping out the same thing over and over and over again from 2004. Halo ironically could end up dying because of nostalgia fans failing to meet a newer audience.
Linear gameplay maps

Bad art style
Cliche music
Bad story
Microtransactions
Not enough content at launch
No split screen
Shooting gallery enemies

“Halo 5 is EXACTLY what you call moving forward and in the right direction.“

...okay.

And I don’t think that moving a game in a direction based on concepts (e.g. CE’s open worldness is a concept) doesn’t equate to moving a game in a direction based on concrete features and copying straight up.

That's bold statement coming from such little revealed detail. There's no gameplay as of yet. We just have retro armor.
That’s probably why I should’ve added a “thus far”. Thus far we have confirmed split screen, old inspired art, so thus far. But by default every statement on this forum describing a game that hasn’t come out should be a thus far, as absolutely no statement can 100% assess the entire game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5