[Locked] Movement Mechanics and 4 Playable Species

OP Whimsical DE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
They could do a Halo version of Gears of War's Beast Mode. Take command of grunts, jackals, elites, and brutes and kill waves of marines, ODSTs and Spartans. The better you are with a certain species, you unlock armors for that species (minor, major, ultra, gunner, spec ops, ranger, captain, honor guard, zealot, field marshal, etc...). Be good enough and you can unlock the ability to play as a grunt goblin, Prophet of Regret, Hunter, Arbiter, Tartarus...
An amazing suggestion with the armours, although as I said the hitboxes must be similar to that of a human. The last sentence was a bit to hopeful if you ask me. The rest is beautiful. But you've inspired me to create a list. These will be the armours for the three known playable species in Halo 6:

Humans
• Same as always (with classic ODST armour included)
• Added marine armour (face masks, pilots, camouflage etc...)

Elites
Armour based off actual Sangheili rank structure

Brutes
Armour based off actual Jiralhanae rank structure
• Jiralhanae major
• Jiralhanae ultra
• Jiralhanae stalker
• Jump pack Jiralhanae
• Jiralhanae captain
• Jiralhanae honor guardsman
• Chieftan
Now this is something I'm talking about.

UNSC would have a variety of armor and roles like they had on Reach and Halo 4. The better you do, the better the armor you get Highest Armor for Marine/Army would be ONI Security.

Special Forces would be ODST/Spartan III/ Spartan IV/ Spartan II being the highest. (I know they are all equal but I meant going from ODST to SPI to GEN II to Classic Mjolnir)

Covenant so much you can do with that. Separatist all the way to classic Covenant options.
I'm fine with having each species having a separate perk such as elites having evade but I think we can do better than armor lock for the Spartans. Maybe a visor ability that highlights enemies and has a night vision effect or something. armor lock just seems to op to have as a base feature. Overall though it might be best to avoid the species perk but I can see it happening.
As far as jetpack, halo 4 jetpack sucked, reach had best jetpack.
Limited sprint and getting rid of the other abilities sounds fine but I'd like to keep clamber.
And the other 2 species should be promethean soldier and brute. I'm hoping the banished play a big role in infinite so brutes would make sense as a 3rd species and given the important of prometheans in the 343 games the soldiers would be the logical 4th.
If we're sticking with the "each species has a perk" thing then the brutes should have a melee lunge attack that thrusts them like a sword but only does melee damage rather than sword damage. The prometheans perk would just be short teleport that would recharge slower than the other species perks, assuming there's a recharge rate on these things. If not that than a hardlight shield.

Honestly though, this class like system is probably best for a spin off game.
What perk would grunts have? Explode on death? Actually that sounds pretty fun.
Grunts in Halo Wars for example if you were a Suicide Grunt had Zeal. Zeal made the Grunts move faster and also had another upgrade to make the Blast Radius bigger.

However, I'd give Grunts more of the Deacon ability such as better accuracy and heavier weaponry. In Halo Wars 2 Grunt Heavies had EMP and Fuel Rods. So I would kind of us Halo Wars as a template.

As for Jackals and Skirmishers I would love for either Offense/Defense trade off. You want range choose Offense, you want the shield or sleeve gauntlet? Go Defense.
After reading this and realising grunts can actually be quite big and so can jackals. I think I have changed my mind, lets add grunts! Halo when developed by Bungie, was the only game series that made not only one by consistent masterpieces to perfection, I mean every single word. I have never seen another game that is considered a masterpiece in my eyes, yet again 4 of them in a row! If Halo 6 incorporated some of our ideas, it could truly be fya again.
With the return of Brutes I would like to see the chopper and prowler again. How cool would this be? Halo 6 would have huge depth although simplicity is an important factor, the game could become to cluttered, but not in an armour customisation sense. Maybe the prowler wouldn't need a return in this Halo. Also I have to say the Halo Infinite forum monitors are sooo much nicer than the moderators in MCC, a shame because I absolutely love MCC. I have been banned several times without reason and they continue to discourage others, I have reported this to 343i employees along with many pieces of evidence but they have turned a blind eye towards me. Not trying to through shade. This is a huge deal because Halo fans don't even feel welcome to comment constructive feed back.
I'm fine with having each species having a separate perk such as elites having evade but I think we can do better than armor lock for the Spartans. Maybe a visor ability that highlights enemies and has a night vision effect or something. armor lock just seems to op to have as a base feature. Overall though it might be best to avoid the species perk but I can see it happening.
Limited sprint and getting rid of the other abilities sounds fine but I'd like to keep clamber.
And the other 2 species should be promethean soldier and brute. I'm hoping the banished play a big role in infinite so brutes would make sense as a 3rd species and given the important of prometheans in the 343 games the soldiers would be the logical 4th.
If we're sticking with the "each species has a perk" thing then the brutes should have a melee lunge attack that thrusts them like a sword but only does melee damage rather than sword damage. The prometheans perk would just be short teleport that would recharge slower than the other species perks, assuming there's a recharge rate on these things. If not that than a hardlight shield.

Grunts in Halo Wars for example if you were a Suicide Grunt had Zeal. Zeal made the Grunts move faster and also had another upgrade to make the Blast Radius bigger.

However, I'd give Grunts more of the Deacon ability such as better accuracy and heavier weaponry. In Halo Wars 2 Grunt Heavies had EMP and Fuel Rods. So I would kind of us Halo Wars as a template.

As for Jackals and Skirmishers I would love for either Offense/Defense trade off. You want range choose Offense, you want the shield or sleeve gauntlet? Go Defense.
After reading this and realising grunts can actually be quite big and so can jackals. I think I have changed my mind, lets add grunts! Halo when developed by Bungie, was the only game series that made not only one by consistent masterpieces to perfection, I mean every single word. I have never seen another game that is considered a masterpiece in my eyes, yet again 4 of them in a row! If Halo 6 incorporated some of our ideas, it could truly be fya again.
Everyone forgets the Heretic Grunts on Halo 2 did not run away when the Elite Commander was killed. They still fought even better than your own Special Operations Grunts. Held Fuel Rod Cannons and Needlers.

Not to mention when the Grunts actually rebelled they gave everyone in the Covenant a hard time. They only were stopped because of the glassing.

Everyone forgets the Heretic Grunts on Halo 2 did not run away when the Elite Commander was killed. They still fought even better than your own Special Operations Grunts. Held Fuel Rod Cannons and Needlers.

Not to mention when the Grunts actually rebelled they gave everyone in the Covenant a hard time. They only were stopped because of the glassing.
Yes the Heretic Sangheili from Halo 2, what I was thinking. The attention to detail Bungie went to, pretty crazy.
They could do a Halo version of Gears of War's Beast Mode. Take command of grunts, jackals, elites, and brutes and kill waves of marines, ODSTs and Spartans. The better you are with a certain species, you unlock armors for that species (minor, major, ultra, gunner, spec ops, ranger, captain, honor guard, zealot, field marshal, etc...). Be good enough and you can unlock the ability to play as a grunt goblin, Prophet of Regret, Hunter, Arbiter, Tartarus...
An amazing suggestion with the armours, although as I said the hitboxes must be similar to that of a human. The last sentence was a bit to hopeful if you ask me. The rest is beautiful.
If it was a different game mode where the players were the grunts etc... there wouldn't necessarily need to be similar hitboxes. In the early game, you have access to playing as weak grunts (minor, suicide...) then as you kill more waves of marines/odsts/spartans (maybe flood and promethean as well), you gain points so you can change to playing as better grunts, jackals, and eventually high ranking elites and brutes. Since grunts in general are weak, if you play exclusively and impressively as a grunt throughout the game, you get to play as a grunt goblin and crush everything in sight in the much more difficult waves in the late game. It's not the multiracial slayer that you want, but I see this as an easier method to pull off the "multiple playable races" concept. It is very hopeful, I admit.
Playable Brutes, Elites AND Spartans?!?! That's dope
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Battle wrote:
I'm good with the Elites rejoining the fun. The rest not so much. Maybe if they want to try it they could put different species skins in customs for players to test.

As Evade goes I think that should be the standard multi direction movement mechanic for Spartans and Elites. Its been in every game since the begining. Marines have done it since CE. Its also in the books there's been multiple mentions of Spartans rolling to dodge attacks. It seems the natural evasive action, I don't know why 343i went overboard with the Thruster Pack. Without the Thrusters we could still have a limited sprint, clamber, slide, maybe a more limited shoulder charge. Stabilizers, ground pound, and unlimited sprint wouldn't need to be in the game. Thankfuly 343i didn't put that Thruster jump in the game where the Thrusters shoot you straight up to jump twice as high.
Any way back to Evade, I'd like it and they could keep a button open for more Armor Abilites by putting evade on a double tap crouch or something. If they did do AA's they would need some tweeking. Slow down the energy regen rate so they can't be used every two seconds. they could make them more useful to balance the less frequent usage. Regen field could fix vehicles and recharge others AA power too. Decoy could run and shooot at nearby opponants, not doing damage though, or if your out of grendes you could toss a holographic grenade to psych people out. Thruster Pack is already buffed it could stay the same as a swappable ability.
Mostly Evade as a standard dodge, I give Evade two thumbs up, Thrusters thumbs down.
Quite a balanced and likable idea. Mine is more towards the classic Halo mechanics mixed with some newer ones.
Kudos to this thread though, actually enjoyed the different ideas on here.
And thanks to you all for sharing your ideas. AssassinT28 I was talking about the Heretic a day ago to my friend, can't believe I forgot to mention them. Sad how the Arbiter had to kill a good breed Sangheili. Makes me lose respect for him, even though I know it was Bungie's choice not the Arbiter's choice, it was a bit too much. Yes I know they purposely did this to make us feel like this. Rip Sesa 'Refumee and the Heretic Sangheili. God I love the Halo universe.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
The elites could have a Sangheili honor guardsman as well. How cool is this fella
Too cool for school! 😎

. . . Yeah, I show myself out.

Spoiler:
Show

If Prometheans had Blink I'd be maining them every game. If Grunts were playable they would be my backup.
What perk would grunts have? Explode on death? Actually that sounds pretty fun
You could dual wield grenades. Scream silly nonesense. Most OP faction ever, especially with the Goblin as your only vehicle.
And thanks to you all for sharing your ideas. AssassinT28 I was talking about the Heretic a day ago to my friend, can't believe I forgot to mention them. Sad how the Arbiter had to kill a good breed Sangheili. Makes me lose respect for him, even though I know it was Bungie's choice not the Arbiter's choice, it was a bit too much. Yes I know they purposely did this to make us feel like this. Rip Sesa 'Refumee and the Heretic Sangheili. God I love the Halo universe.
A lot of heroes start off that way well Anti-Heroes. Arbiter killed the Heretics because he thought what he was doing was right same with glassing Humanity. It sometimes takes an outside source or mistreatment for someone to realize what they were doing was wrong. The thing is Sesa Refumee also shot at the Arbiter before Guilty Spark could finish speaking.
A lot of heroes start off that way well Anti-Heroes. Arbiter killed the Heretics because he thought what he was doing was right same with glassing Humanity. It sometimes takes an outside source or mistreatment for someone to realize what they were doing was wrong. The thing is Sesa Refumee also shot at the Arbiter before Guilty Spark could finish speaking.
Exactly Bungie wanted him to die for some reason, made him seem like bad guy for opening fire on the Arbiter. My respect for the Arbiter has been replenished.
Spoiler:
Show
I personally believe we should have the not just species, but the factions.
UNSC
-Marines
-ODSTﹰs
-Spartan 3s
-Spartan 2s
-Spartan 4s
Covenant/heretics
-Grunts
-Jackals
-Elites
-Hunters
Forerunners
-Crawler
-Soldier
-Knight

As for abilities, I am not defending them, I am just simply stating that the thrusters have saved our lives plenty of time. I am fine with unlimited sprint, I just feel that the ground pounds and shoulder charges are useless. I like mobility so I wouldn't complain about having the thrusters in there. But I would love my unlimited sprint, makes the game much more interesting.
Andii vv wrote:
I personally believe we should have the not just species, but the factions.
UNSC
-Marines
-ODSTﹰs
-Spartan 3s
-Spartan 2s
-Spartan 4s
Covenant/heretics
-Grunts
-Jackals
-Elites
-Hunters
Forerunners
-Crawler
-Soldier
-Knight

As for abilities, I am not defending them, I am just simply stating that the thrusters have saved our lives plenty of time. I am fine with unlimited sprint, I just feel that the ground pounds and shoulder charges are useless. I like mobility so I wouldn't complain about having the thrusters in there. But I would love my unlimited sprint, makes the game much more interesting.
I fell a very similar way, but I don't know whether the factions would be to much, otherwise I'm all for the idea. I mentioned abilities and I agree completely.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4