[Locked] Movement Mechanics and 4 Playable Species

OP Whimsical DE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
While you're at it, you could also explain in what kind of fashion you navigate Halo CE maps, Halo 2 maps, Halo 3 maps, the differences in the movement mechanics between the titles and how they in turn affect the navigational aspect of each game, and then how they differ between each game.

I don't know how you regard yourself in Halo, but considering the responses, this kind of stuff wouldn't be difficult to put to text, no?

Why? To see if you can back up your claims, what you state as facts. You have yet to prove the jump height difference for Halo 3, and "everyone knows", isn't tangiable proof of anything.

Or am I to expect more ridiculing? Which doesn't do you any good.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Here is the Honor Guardsman version for the Jiralhanae, looks cool as well, but the Sangheili Honor Guardsman looks fya. Love the naming system for the fictional species, based of Latin. Also I would love to see armour customisation items relating to the Prophets.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I've done so on multiple occasions,
sometimes without people asking, and then when they do. So you need but ask, as I have done.

So, me asking you to more in detail describe what you've said, is for you, as you are more... Credible, when you can actually back up your statements.
Saying that Halo 3's jump height is higher, without any proof, is meaningless. It's also not my job to prove your statement.
That however is not all, if you actually took the effort to put your stuff properly to text and share it here, we'd have a dialog, a discussion regarding the mechanics and our point of views regarding them.
If you wanted a dialog, then you would've done what I said above. Though as long as you hide behind insults, assumptions and spite, a proper discussion can't be had. It's up to you how you want to continue.
I'm fine with having each species having a separate perk such as elites having evade but I think we can do better than armor lock for the Spartans. Maybe a visor ability that highlights enemies and has a night vision effect or something. armor lock just seems to op to have as a base feature. Overall though it might be best to avoid the species perk but I can see it happening.
As far as jetpack, halo 4 jetpack sucked, reach had best jetpack.
Limited sprint and getting rid of the other abilities sounds fine but I'd like to keep clamber.
And the other 2 species should be promethean soldier and brute. I'm hoping the banished play a big role in infinite so brutes would make sense as a 3rd species and given the important of prometheans in the 343 games the soldiers would be the logical 4th.
If we're sticking with the "each species has a perk" thing then the brutes should have a melee lunge attack that thrusts them like a sword but only does melee damage rather than sword damage. The prometheans perk would just be short teleport that would recharge slower than the other species perks, assuming there's a recharge rate on these things. If not that than a hardlight shield.

Honestly though, this class like system is probably best for a spin off game.
Honestly I agree .it seems a little too expiremental for a mainline halo. A spin off with these mechanics would be quite fun tho
To put this into perspective, this is like regular Halo but instead of just playable Elites, we could have 1 or 2 extra species of a similar stature to a spartan. And of course with the extra juicy details. I hope someone recognises some of my ideas for cool elite armours. Adding to the armours, one of the Brute armours could be Tartarus's armour.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
How about no sprint, abilities or ADS. Also no classes, just have playable Elites, Brutes, Promethean soldiers, and obviously Spartans.
How about no sprint, abilities or ADS. Also no classes, just have playable Elites, Brutes, Promethean soldiers, and obviously Spartans.
God, I didn't even think about ADS. I REALLY hope they scrap it for Infinite.
I think the implementation of a sprint mechanic within Halo 5: Guardians was quite excellent. And I hope they build off of that formula instead of reverting back to the so-called "classic" formula of no-sprint.

With that said, I do hope that Infinite provides (at least) two HCS geared Arena playlists (Team Arena & FFA for starters) that are fully tailored for that particular environment (w/ no sprint) while most remaining Arena playlists, both ranked & social, incorporate what I'd refer to as the "standard" formula that's basically a refinement on the foundation provided by Halo 5 (minus Ground Pound and Spartan Charge).

A select group of maps (~7) would need to be specifically tailored for this HCS environment. The HCS branch of 343i (with assistance from the competitive community) would have heavy input on the general experience of the environment which essentially means getting some final say on the particular elements within these modes. Elements such as: the sandbox, loadouts, spawn times, BMS, jump height, sprint, clamber, slide, boost, radar, and stabilize. In my opinion, this is where, and how, no-sprint playlists and perhaps other "no ______" aspects should fit into Infinite.

Further more, I'd love to see an expansion on the Warzone environment. It's within this particular environment that I think special Spartan Abilities such as a refined Ground Pound, a tweaked Spartan Charge, and perhaps a new take on the Jet Pack concept could be re-incorporated as a form of armor (suit) enhancement. None of these extra abilities should require a new button mechanic as they ought to piggyback off of the existing mechanics as a form of mechanical depth; plus, they ought to prevent the use of the thrust mechanism until its typical cool-down has passed.

For instance:
  • Ground Pound is activated by holding the melee button while in the air.
  • Spartan Charge is activated by pressing the melee button while in a sprint.
  • I imagine a Jet Pack-like concept could allow for a double jump to occur by having the Thruster pack provide a quick and sharp elevation boost. This would require a press of the jump button while in the air.
This manages to keep these abilities in the game, but out of the arena environment. This means that they could still exist within the campaign and they could still be used for custom games.

I also wouldn't mind seeing deloyable equipment return in some fashion too with the Up D-Pad being the means to deploy the items. Bring back the Bubble Shield, Regen Field, Power Drain, Grav Lift, Trip Mine, Radar Jammer, Solar Flare, and Deployable Cover. Plus, include an Auto Sentry & Hologram as deployable equipment too. These items could be primarily restricted to the Warzone environment, but maybe a few of them could find their way into a Big Team Battle playlist too.

By this means, Infinite would be provided with 3 levels of play: (1) a focus on competitive traditionalists who hearken for the so-called classic experience, (2) those of us who appreciate the Arena environment featuring a more robust mobility experience, and (3) an environment beyond the Arena that provides access to the full expanse of the title.

As I mentioned previously this also provides the custom game's section of Infinite a ton of variety and depth to create whatever someone may personally desire game-play wise. Plus, by not limiting Infinite to a so-called "classic" only style of play there remains plenty of interest to continue playing the MCC which has had a lot of time invested into it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
How is this spam? 😂 Anyway, great ideas OP, this thread given me so much creative information and knowledge. Salute to you my brother, you have made us 70 people more aware.
Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.

Spoiler:
Show
I love this idea. Playable Humans (consisting of Spartans and Marines), Elites and Brutes!
Please don't revive old threads.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4