Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Multiplayer Map Remakes - Never Before Been Done

OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Name one large scale map and one small or medium sized map that has never been remade (outside of Forge) that you would like to see return in some form in Halo: Infinite.

For me:
1. Waterworks - Although I typically prefer brighter maps, I love the layout of Waterworks. It uses the classic symmetrical, opposing bases layout that Blood Gulch, Sidewinder or later Valhalla all use, but with some twists here and there around the map. It's got more to it. The bases are a little different from the likes of those maps mentioned, and I appreciate the platform in the middle that separates the two halves of the map, forcing people to change the way they play slightly from when on other symmetrical maps, while still retaining the staple big team battle gameplay on both slayer and objective types. If Waterworks ever returns, I'd like the the roof of the cavern to be opened up. It would be nice to see some more light
2. Boarding Action - Sword Base was somewhat like Boarding Action, but it was more Prisoner in my opinion. What I love about Boarding Action is the physical division between the two sides of the map, the emptiness, and the focus on altitude rather than the usual plane. It provides for a very unique experience having such a clear view of your enemies while, at the same time, still having a challenge trying to take them down. Sniping with the classic Magnum and pulling out the occasional SR or Rocket Launcher on Boarding Action is an absolute blast, and yet, there's still more than enough close quarters action. In Halo 3 onwards, teleporters were included on a map only when absolutely necessary, but I miss when they were a main feature. 343i, bring back Boarding Action please. It might make sense to change it from two UNSC ships to a Forerunner structure. Although I like the idea of keeping one ship UNSC and making the other Covenant
The island Warzone map Apex is sorta like Death Island but I want Death Island. Also
  • DANGER CANYON
  • INFINITY
seanonix wrote:
The island Warzone map Apex is sorta like Death Island but I want Death Island. Also
  • DANGER CANYON
  • INFINITY
  • Apex is basically a hybrid of the second and forth campaign levels of the first Halo game but with the Halo 5 artstyle. Death Canyon is just remake of the forth campaign level for multiplayer.
  • I wouldn't mind seeing Infinity remade in Infinite. (How fitting.)
  • You never chose a small/medium map.
Valhala
Boardwalk from reach was phenomenal, and I've been wanting a remake of it for a really long time.

We've never had blood gulch playable in a modern Halo, outside of H2A, which ran on the original weapon/movement mechanics. Valhalla is close, but different enough they should both be able to coexist.

Snowbound or guardian could be really fun if they got the same remake treatment as Midship/Truth.

A re-imagining of the teleporter level from H1 could be real cool if you laid it out so some teleporters were replaced with man cannons.
I wouldn't mind them trying to do some sort of forge world attempt by having different types of maps together and have the ability to section them off in forge.
So have headlong, turf, terminal, highrise, and maybe a few new other locations in one map than can be divided into different pieces. Or some other mixture of maps to get a cityscape or some other themes. A large covenant base that has Damnation, Assembly, Gemini, Spire, and Chill out. Or a UNSC space station with Orbital, Condemned, Elongation, Anchor 9, and zero G sections in one map. Or maybe something smaller like Longshore and Foundry

Having these forgeworld size maps could open up some interesting possibilities for invasion, infection, and multistage gametypes while also allowing remakes/re-imagining of classic maps.

Though if I had to pick two maps
Terminal and Waterworks
We've never had blood gulch playable in a modern Halo, outside of H2A, which ran on the original weapon/movement mechanics. Valhalla is close, but different enough they should both be able to coexist.
I'm quite tired of seeing the same maps over and over again. Blood Gulch is a big culprit. That's the whole point if this thread: Choose one large and one small map that's never been remade.
However, if they did something like "Sanghelios Trench" (a very impressive Forge map from Halo 5) or even made an official version of Sanghelios Trench for Halo Infinite by 343i, I'd certainly be down for that. ...Just something so it's not the exact same Blood Gulch we saw in Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo Reach and Halo 2 Anniversary.
Spire - need I explain? It’s great.

Elongation - it’s unique and old enough to be remastered, I’d say.
I second the votes for Anchor 9 and Assembly.

hmmm....dang I forget its name. Its one of the DLC maps from Reach for BTB. I think it has a dip in the middle of it, with a crashed Pelican, and a cliffside.

The next one to say Gemni is going to be spawnstuck from me in MCC.
Gephyrophobia - I really like this map from Halo 1 pc. I made a cool forge remake in Reach but think it deserves some more love!
For large maps, I'd like to see the DLC maps from Reach that I never really got to experience. Something like Breakpoint, Highlands, or Tempest.

As for the small maps, I think it's time that Turf got its time to shine. I think it's the most requested map to be remade that's never received a remake.
They should make LONGEST a map in Infinite, and make sure it’s in the BTB playlist.
jalam wrote:
Gephyrophobia - I really like this map from Halo 1 pc. I made a cool forge remake in Reach but think it deserves some more love!
Gephyrophobia is such a great but underrated map, I would love to see it return in Infinite. 2 other maps I would l love to see return is Sandtrap and Guardian
seanonix wrote:
  • I wouldn't mind seeing Infinity remade in Infinite. (How fitting.)
They better add it in, an OFFICIAL news site stated that the lack of the H3 map, Guardian, in Halo 5: Guardians made the game basically unplayable, so 343 is at risk of losing millions of players if the CE map, Infinity, isn’t included in Halo: Infinite.

I cannot stress enough how OFFICIAL this site is....
I'd like to see any of the following maps remastered for infinite
- boarding action -ce
- sword base -reach
- spire-reach
- any reach dlc maps (they were very well designed Imo)
- epitaph - 3
- cold storage - 3

I feel if 343 keeps Spartan abilities these maps would play fine also if they're scaled to size. Especially with the vertical playing field of some of these maps
Chiron TL-34

it was so confusing and nobody liked it. i think it would be funny to see what happens if it would be remade XD
(but i don't think it will be remade and i wouldn't be mad in any way if it wouldn't^^)
Turf and Rat’s Nest. If not direct remakes, then spiritual successors. Turf, just because it’s Turf. And rats nest, because I loved the Track for warthogs and Mongeese.
i’d Like to see a Map in Infinite, remake of Rats nets or not, that uses the same idea as rats nest. With the long track.
Boarding Action, obvious choice because it’s absolutely the best map in halo history no contest!/s
Terminal
Terminal, Turf, Orbital.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2