Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Multiplayer Mechanics (list of options) poll

OP BerserkerKitty9

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This will be a post with multiplayer gameplay options listed with their counter parts. Comment the number(s) of the options you would like to vote on and your choice beside it. I would like to see where the community stands on these variables.

1. Scoped out when receiving damage / Not scoped out (halo 4 extra flinch instead)
2. ADS / No ADS
3. ADS on all weapons / ADS on only some weapons (precision)
4. Bloom on weapon reticles / No bloom
5. Sprint / No sprint
6. Clamber / No clamber
7. Slide / No slide
8. Boost or thrusters / No boosting
9. Armor abilities / No abilities / Only pickups and equipment (single use / multi-use)
10. Loadouts (Halo 4) / No loadouts
11. Performance based ordinance drops or Killstreaks / None
12. Assassination / Beatdown / Both / None
13. Perks or upgrades (ex: fast reload) / None

Bonus:
14. Map voting / No
15. Player made maps in match making / No
16. Level of armor customization you want to see?
17. Alternative races for mutiplayer matches / certain game modes / None
18. Weapon and armor skins or charms or decals?
19. Variations of weapons and attachments (halo5) / None
20. How in game content is gained: Completion of challenges / Rank or Level / Loot crate / Purchase with in game currency (reach)
1. Scoped out when receiving damage - flinch is to annoying and random
2. ADS - take it or leave it, it didnt change much
3. ADS on all weapons - this is fine
4. No bloom- no bloom, not even a bloom like feature that "simulates recoil". its not needed. adding randomness dumbs the game down. bloom is by far the worse thing introduced into the halo series.
5. Sprint- there is no return now, its not as gamebreaking as everyone saids it is.
6. Clamber -fine with or without it
7. Slide -fine with or without it
8. Boost or thrusters / No boosting-fine with or without it
9. Armor abilities - it'll be a no from me dawg
10. Loadouts - in regular MM no, BR start for ranked playlist need to return. Now if some type of Battle Royal mode is introduced then i think some type of loadout system could work, but without seeing the full sandbox of weapons its hard to tell at this point
11. Performance based ordinance drops or Killstreaks -no
12. Assassination / Beatdown - as long as it can be toogled off and on
13. Perks or upgrades - not in MM, again could work in a BR mode
14. Map voting - absolutely yes
15. Player made maps in match making - as long as they are quality maps
16. Level of armor customization you want to see- i dont really care but it's safe to assume it will be high as this will probably be the microtransaction route they take
17. Alternative races for mutiplayer matches / certain game modes- as long as the hitboxes can remain equal
18. Weapon and armor skins or charms or decals- once again another given for the microtransaction route, but better be more than what H5 offered.
19. Variations of weapons and attachments (halo5) - I think this was one of the great things H5 did. Alot of them didnt change the weapon much function wise but you could make it your own kinda( if RNG gave you the cards for it). i think this needs to be added and will be a requirement if a BR mode is present.
20. How in game content is gained: Completion of challenges / Rank or Level / Loot crate / Purchase with in game currency (reach)- for me this doesnt matter so much as long as the items offered are worth the time investment or monetary investment. A little bit of all of them would be the best approach. Except Loot boxes, the idea to know what your paying for is far less "intrusive" than random chances.
There is a polling section on the forums, just so you know. But I'll give my votes:
1-3 Don't care
4. No bloom
5-8 Don't care
9. Seems like Halo Infinite is only getting equipment pickups, right? But it doesn't matter much to me
10. None. Things are more balanced without loadouts.
11. None. Things are more balanced without ordnance drops.
12. Don't care
13. None. Things are more balanced without perks.
14. Don't care
15. Yes!
16-18 Don't care
19. No more of this. Makes the weapon sandbox needlessly complicated.
20. Unlocking stuff from completing challenges/commendations, plus ranking up, seems like the best way to me. As long as there aren't lootboxes, it should be ok
1. I prefer scoping out
2. I prefer no ADS and the classic scope instead
3. ADS only on precision weapons. The assault rifle and shotgun don't need ADS. I don't like how ADS changed how weapons like the sword and hammer operated in Halo 5
4. No bloom please
5. It depends. If you're going to remake a small map like midship for the 300th time, put 8 players on it along with a grapple (or other abilities) then I don't want sprint because the map isn't built for that and does not play well with it. If the maps are all going to built with sprint in mind I guess I would be OK with that. In general, I would prefer no sprint at all and a fast base movement speed.
6. No clamber
7. No Sliding
8. No boost or thrusters
9. No armor abilities. Maybe equipment. It depends on what equipment is actually in the game. I would prefer to just have powerups on the map like camo and overshields.
10. No loadouts in the base multiplayer but do have it as an option for custom games and specific modes. Have the ability to let players configure their own loadouts but also have the option to force loadouts (for custom games).
11. No
12. Here's what I want done with assassinations- put it on a separate button (like "Hold X to assassinate") instead of combining it with melee. I hate launching into assassinations when I don't want to and getting killed because of it. If you aren't going to do it that way then have an option to turn them off.
13. No
14. All the yes. Make voting anonymous with the results revealed at the end of the voting session. Each player gets only one vote with maybe an option to change your vote once before voting ends.
15. Player made maps do add some variety to matchmaking but end up being the maps I hate the most having to play on. I would rather have a broad range of good built in maps for matchmaking and then have a customs browser for people's custom maps.
16. At least Reach level
17. I don't know what you mean by this
18. Personally I don't care for these things as I never really like what's there to use. So I don't care if this is in the game or not, i'm most likely not going to engage with it.
19. For forge and custom games OK, otherwise keep this out of regular multiplayer.
20. I would rather have sort of a mixture of Reach and 3. I would like some armor pieces to be purchasable (like in Reach), some armor be locked behind rank, and some (considerably better) armor be locked behind accomplishments such as completing the campaign on legendary.
I wonder if its the only thing the halo community can agree on that bloom was dumb as -Yoink-
surfer45 wrote:
I wonder if its the only thing the halo community can agree on that bloom was dumb as -Yoink-
please never reintroduce bloom lol
surfer45 wrote:
I actually like bloom.

It was a skill / discipline to fire at the optimum rate for each weapon... as opposed to panic spamming the trigger. And you were in control of it - as opposed to recoil or drifting aim.

But sadly I think it was only me.
1. Prefer being scoped out when shot. Snipers don't deserve any help.
2. ADS ok.
3. ADS only some weapons (precision)
4. Bloom - yes please!
5. Sprint - but needs to be limited.
6. Clamber - yes, I hate the awkwardness of crouch jumps etc.
7. Slide - yes, mixes up gun play.
8. Boost or thrusters - yes, same as for 7.
9. Only pickups and equipment (single use / multi-use)
10. Loadouts = No
11. Performance based ordinance drops or Killstreaks = no
12. Assassinations and beatdowns = yes.
13. Perks or upgrades (ex: fast reload) = no.

Bonus:
14. Map voting = No
15. Player made maps in match making = Yes (Forge will be amazing this gen)
16. Level of armor customization you want to see? = not fussed.
17. Alternative races for mutiplayer matches = not my cup of tea - but ok for others.
18. Weapon and armor skins or charms or decals = not fussed.
19. Variations of weapons and attachments (halo5) = not fussed (may be nice to turn them off)
20. How in game content is gained: Completion of challenges / Rank or Level / Loot crate / Purchase with in game currency = happy for mixture of any / all.
  1. Scope out but I’m not married to it
  2. No ADS
  3. Precision weapons only
  4. I’m actually okay with bloom but if they removed it I wouldn’t care
  5. No sprint
  6. No clamber
  7. No slide
  8. No boosting
  9. Single or multi use pickups are both fine
  10. No loadouts
  11. No killstreaks
  12. Assassinations and beatdowns.
  13. No perks
  14. As long as it doesn’t keep me from getting into games quickly I guess it’s okay. I liked the veto system in H3
  15. I’m flexible on this as long as they don’t take the place of developer made maps. I really want dev-made big team maps. I think they should introduce a few popular community maps over time.
  16. Reach level customization at minimum, with things like shoulder pads, visors, chest plates, and so on. If elites are in the game I’d like to see Halo 3 level customization minimum.
  17. I’d love to see Elites return. I think Elite-only modes (Elite slayer, blargball, etc.) and an Invasion style Spartans vs Elites mode would be great.
  18. Weapon customization is alright. I wouldn’t include it if it were my choice but I don’t hate it
  19. Weapon variants can be good as long as they’re easily distinguishable
1. Scoped out when receiving damage / Not scoped out (halo 4 extra flinch instead)
2. ADS / No ADS
4. Bloom on weapon reticles / No bloom Don't care.
5. Sprint / No sprint
6. Clamber / No clamber
7. Slide / No slide
9. Armor abilities / No abilities / Only pickups and equipment (single use / multi-use) I actually think Armor Abilities are okay, not Spartan Abilities though.

Bonus:
14. Map voting / No Veto.
15. Player made maps in match making / No Maybe less common than base maps, but still there in some capacity.
16. Level of armor customization you want to see? Reach was good.
18. Weapon and armor skins or charms or decals? Maybe, not sure... Something like MCC handles it, where there's a setting to turn them off completely, would be nice.
20. How in game content is gained: Completion of challenges / Rank or Level / Loot crate / Purchase with in game currency (reach)
Darwi wrote:
surfer45 wrote:
I actually like bloom.

It was a skill / discipline to fire at the optimum rate for each weapon... as opposed to panic spamming the trigger. And you were in control of it - as opposed to recoil or drifting aim.

its not "skill" to wait a split second to wait for your reticle to return to where your actual aim is so you bullet doesn't randomly go off somewhere. It is just plain annoying and decreased the skill gap. Reach pre TU vs after was night and day. Bloom removal playlist was still to this day the best thing 343 ever did, sadly it should have just been removed all together.
1. Neither. Just take damage, no jeed for this on a Spartan.
2 & 3. ADS on scoped weapons
4. NO FREAKING BLOOM
5. No in ranked, yes in social
6. Clamber
7. No in ranked, yes in social
8. As above
9. Single use equipment only.
10. No loadouts, they're just not needed.
11. None, weapons on map.
12. Assassination
13. Map spawns (overahield etc)
14. Yes to veto
15. Only in certain playlists for voted maps
16. Reach
17. Would be cool, not for ranked.
18. Yeah cool
19. Don't see how this works in MP
20. As per H3 - rank/ exp based and for doing challenges.
RBaziFX wrote:
Darwi wrote:
surfer45 wrote:
I actually like bloom.

its not "skill" to wait a split second to wait for your reticle to return to where your actual aim is so you bullet doesn't randomly go off somewhere. It is just plain annoying and decreased the skill gap. Reach pre TU vs after was night and day. Bloom removal playlist was still to this day the best thing 343 ever did, sadly it should have just been removed all together.
It was definitely a skill. It involved discipline not to spam the trigger and nail the cadence of each weapon.

Obviously not a game mechanic that gels with you (or, I admit, a lot of others)... but a skill none the less.

Appreciate there are other options for shot mechanics.
This will be a post with multiplayer gameplay options listed with their counter parts. Comment the number(s) of the options you would like to vote on and your choice beside it. I would like to see where the community stands on these variables.

2. ADS / No ADS
4. Bloom on weapon reticles / No bloom
5. Sprint / No sprint
6. Clamber / No clamber
7. Slide / No slide
9. Armor abilities / No abilities / Only pickups and equipment (single use / multi-use)

Bonus:
14. Map voting / No
15. Player made maps in match making / No
16. Level of armor customization you want to see?
18. Weapon and armor skins or charms or decals?
1. Not scoped out
2. ADS
3. Ads on everything except energy sword and gravity hammer
4. Dont really care
5. Sprint
6. Clamber
7. Slide
8. Boost or thrusters
9. Only pickups and equipment
10. No loadouts
11. None
12. Assassination
13. None
14. No
15. Player made maps in matchmaking
16. Like halo reach
17. Certain game modes
18. Not quite as many as halo 5
19. Variations of weapons and attachments
20. Completion of challenges
Darwi wrote:
RBaziFX wrote:
Darwi wrote:
surfer45 wrote:
I actually like bloom.

It was definitely a skill. It involved discipline not to spam the trigger and nail the cadence of each weapon.

Obviously not a game mechanic that gels with you (or, I admit, a lot of others)... but a skill none the less.

Nothing random takes skill. Spamming your shots does no good if your not hitting your target. Being on target and having shots miss bc RNG decided so prove nothing as far as skill is concerned.
RBaziFX wrote:
Darwi wrote:
RBaziFX wrote:
Darwi wrote:
surfer45 wrote:
I actually like bloom.

Nothing random takes skill. Spamming your shots does no good if your not hitting your target. Being on target and having shots miss bc RNG decided so prove nothing as far as skill is concerned.
If semi-automatic weapons had fast rates of fire like borderlands or cod then it would be useful because one could unload up close and have to slow down at range. Halo semiautos fire relatively slow and have a high damage value per shot so bloom isn't necessary. Reticles need to be large enough on short range weapons though so they can't cross map kill.
RBaziFX wrote:
Darwi wrote:
RBaziFX wrote:
Darwi wrote:
surfer45 wrote:
I actually like bloom.

If semi-automatic weapons had fast rates of fire like borderlands or cod then it would be useful because one could unload up close and have to slow down at range. Halo semiautos fire relatively slow and have a high damage value per shot so bloom isn't necessary. Reticles need to be large enough on short range weapons though so they can't cross map kill.
I'm speaking more for the precision weapons. The autos having a spread is fine. Not for precision weapons.
1. Scoped out when receiving damage (descoping)
2. No ADS
4.No bloom
5. Sprint / No sprint - dont care
6. No clamber - but dont really care
7. Slide / No slide - dont care
8. No boosting
9. No abilities / Only pickups and equipment (single use / multi-use)
10. No loadouts
11. None
12. Both
13. No Bonus:
14. No map voting
15. Player made maps in matchmaking
16. Level of armor customization you want to see - reach
17. Alternative races for mutiplayer matches / certain game modes - dont care
18. Weapon and armor skins or charms or decals - dont care
19. None as weapon variations was extremely redundant
1. Scoped out when receiving damage
2. NO ADS
3. Not ADS but ZOOM on only some weapons (precision)
4. No Bloom, but recoil spread
5. NO GAMEBREAKING Sprint
6. No clamber
7. No slide
8. No boosting
9. Only pickups and equipment (single use)
10. No loadouts
11. None
12. No out of body animations (Would be fine with quick fps animations)
13. No Perks
14. Map voting (I'd prefer VETO-System)
15. No (or only very rarely)
16. Don't care, it's gonna be Microtransactions anyway, so nothing will feel "earned"
17. Alternative Races? Dont understand.
18. DONT CARE
19. No Variations (when I hear a gun sound, I should know exactly which gun and how it acts)
20. How in game content is gained: Rank or Level
1. Scoped out when receiving damage
2. No ADS
3. ADS on all weapons
4. No bloom
5. No sprint
6. No clamber
7. Either
8. No boosting
9. Only pickups and equipment (single use / multi-use)
10. No loadouts
11. None
12. Both
13. None
14. Map voting
15. Player made maps in match making / yes
16. Level of armor customization you want to see? Better than Reach
17. Alternative races for mutiplayer matches
18. Weapon and armor skins or charms or decals? All is fine
19. Variations of weapons and attachments (halo5)
20. How in game content is gained: Completion of challenges / Rank or Level / Purchase with in game currency (reach)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2