Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

My Thoughts Thus Far

OP HaloBungie343I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What is the problem with Battle Royal? Its a hugely successful game mode (Fortnite - Warzone) that proves people want it. if you're so against that mode simply don't play it, by continuously putting it down you're actively suppressing what I personally find fun, I want a BR mode because its one of the game modes I really have a lot of fun in. Do I say don't make SWAT because I don't like it? no. This mentality needs to change, I've wanted a BR mode in Halo since Halo 2 before I even knew BR was a mode.
Again, don't like it don't play it but don't ruin it for those who want it. Anything unofficial generally doesn't bring the player base with it, so official BR mode is required over forge.
My concern with battle Royale is that it would take away from other modes. If they do; they need to also include every mode that the players enjoy. But I see it as a “here’s battle Royale, but you can’t do BTB anymore, no firefight,
They can do other modes. Not everyone likes Battle Royale. CoD Warzone has Battle Royale, and 12 v 12 TDM, Ground War, Dirty Bomb, Control etc etc. Why can't Halo Infinite's multiplayer do the same ? When I play Halo I play Slayer, rarely do I touch anything else. Same with CoD, it's Warzone and 12 v 12 TDM. Players will play what they like whether there's a Battle Royale or not imo.
I think 343 takes 1 step forward in the right direction, and 2-3 steps backward in the wrong direction. Setback after setback, loss after loss. It's just another letdown. I know this sounds pessimistic and negative, but I think the dev's are up in their Ivory Tower and refuse to actively listen with the community. I remember the golden age of Halo, with Halo's 1-Reach. The countless sleepness nights of Halo 3's Mountain Dew Game Fuel, the rampant rumors of a Halo movie, all that good stuff.

The series is now a ghost of its former self. 343 is taking this beloved multi-million dollar franchise to the ground. The story of Halo 5 was such an unfulfilling, unrewarding, disappointing experience. They botched the 360 version of Halo: CE by using the Gearbox PC port instead of the OG Xbox, they divided the community with Halo 4, they botched the release of MCC (granted it's much better now, but still), released the worst campaign ever with Halo 5, and they botched Halo Wars 2 with the campaign save/lost progress glitch. I'm not a video game developer but come on.
eviltedi wrote:
What is the problem with Battle Royal? Its a hugely successful game mode (Fortnite - Warzone) that proves people want it. if you're so against that mode simply don't play it, by continuously putting it down you're actively suppressing what I personally find fun, I want a BR mode because its one of the game modes I really have a lot of fun in. Do I say don't make SWAT because I don't like it? no. This mentality needs to change, I've wanted a BR mode in Halo since Halo 2 before I even knew BR was a mode.
Again, don't like it don't play it but don't ruin it for those who want it. Anything unofficial generally doesn't bring the player base with it, so official BR mode is required over forge.
My concern with battle Royale is that it would take away from other modes. If they do; they need to also include every mode that the players enjoy. But I see it as a “here’s battle Royale, but you can’t do BTB anymore, no firefight,
They can do other modes. Not everyone likes Battle Royale. CoD Warzone has Battle Royale, and 12 v 12 TDM, Ground War, Dirty Bomb, Control etc etc. Why can't Halo Infinite's multiplayer do the same ? When I play Halo I play Slayer, rarely do I touch anything else. Same with CoD, it's Warzone and 12 v 12 TDM. Players will play what they like whether there's a Battle Royale or not imo.
Oh I agree, but this is a developer who previously launched a game missing with day one modes. No firefight, no infection, no griffball, no forge, and those maps had very little map creations that weren’t “forge” maps later on. If BR is in there that’s ok, I’m just saying if they do that, not a single other mode should be missing and they should all get the attention they deserve after launch.
eviltedi wrote:
Oh I agree, but this is a developer who previously launched a game missing with day one modes. No firefight, no infection, no griffball, no forge, and those maps had very little map creations that weren’t “forge” maps later on. If BR is in there that’s ok, I’m just saying if they do that, not a single other mode should be missing and they should all get the attention they deserve after launch.
That's a fair comment. As things stand with Halo Infinite I'm worried. But yes, all modes should be there day one.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
That's a fair comment. As things stand with Halo Infinite I'm worried. But yes, all modes should be there day one.
I think either way we definitely need more information, and we needed it yesterday. A lot of common sense moves aren’t being made and like you it has me worried. I pray our fears are put to rest in a positive way.
Well said. I do hope 343 comes with a multiplayer reveal soon!
Think its more the issue people dont want a re-skin of a battle royal of said existing games and if they do how much time/effort will it take away from existing modes/features in multiplayer.

AFor myself really not a fan of the BR scene and if 343 did a mode for it they would need to turn it into something original to make it stick otherwise seems a bit like a waste of time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2