Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

My version of Halo Infinite's BR (give it a read)

OP X 1NF1NI7Y

I love Halo, honestly it's my only hobby in life, I have collected so much stuff that even my wife threatened me to either get a man cave for it all or get out, that being said I'm okay with no BR, a BR that is made in forge, or a BR like or better than the current ones. Just because that's a game type doesn't mean you have to play it. ..... now that all of that is off my chest.

Step 1: you're a Spartan, but you're only set up as an ODST, and set up with ODST armor, guns, etc. You drop in like ODSTs on literal random parts of the map.

Step 2: there are weapon pods that drop on the map, they drop in random places every time. (Never the same spot) and they have either a random weapon everytime or a FLARE for a certain vehicle/weapon. (In which you will throw the flare and a pelican will drop it off) (( keep in mind someone can blow up the pelican and or the vehicle you order before it hits the ground)).

Step 2: part 2: you can pick up power ups the same from weapon pods or certain UNSC containers around the map, which will in turn give you Spartan armor and or overshields, active camo, speed boost, etc. You may also find mongoose and slightly damaged warthogs on the map for free without calling them.

Step 3: the circle is getting smaller, everything outside of the main circle is getting glassed by a covenant ship and dropping hunters and high class elites with swords, (think lone wolf with noble 6 at the end of Halo reach, super hard to stay alive but possible if you hurry.)

Step 4: the smallest circle you can get to ends up being a map like "the pit" , or something similar to a normal match in Halo. Even possibly a big team battle sized map.

This is my small version, I will update it better or on another post with a bigger version including tanks. I am on my break at work and out of time. This BR could be the beginning. The one with tanks could simply be a Mythic BR.

--------------------------IDEA #2-----------------------------
*Big map/*15-20 minute game/*3 random skulls on/* small amount of grunts, jackals , and very few elites also on map.

- Every player starts out on the UNSC Infinity

**Voice over intercom ((Spartans we need you to get down there and find any remaining survivors and intel you can before the covenant completely destroy everything.))

- Everyone has 60 seconds to pick a starting weapon (no power weapons) and get to a drop pod to enable being ready for the game.

- you drop down in ODST pods, same as before

**Voice over intercom, ((Bad news spartans, the covenant are catching up to us, we don't have alot of time))

5 minutes later **voice over intercom (( we have more bad news spartans, we only have enough room/load capacity for one of you, you will have to decide who stays and who leaves, we will let you decide.))

- Same rules apply as above as far as finding things and getting power ups. Only this time you can find Data/Intel inside of UNSC crates as well.

- when you kill someone you pick up any intel they have found. If you are the last alive you will receive extra experience for every piece of intel you have found.
I guess if Battle Royale has to be done, this would be an amazing way to do it. I would still prefer no battle royale altogether but if its done similar to this I guess I could live with it. Overall sounds like a pretty okay gamemode! Thats a lot of praise coming from someone who hates Battle Royale
Thank you, like I said of course I could add in more little details but then it just gets messy. This is a slimmed down version. I myself don't care whether there is one or not.
This does sound quite badass. I think the shield system may not lend itself well to a battle royale as it removes any "war of attrition" or health scavenging factor, unless players have more health which is also non rechargeable like normal multiplayer. I think that the circle closing in could be implemented very creatively.

imagine if there were a gamemode with 100 player co op. I wonder if it could be done somehow?
If this version of BR was made, I'd play it. It sounds like an amazing way to introduce Halo into a BR, however they would have to execute it perfectly as Halo doesn't exactly belong as a BR. Otherwise, good idea!
Thank you all for liking my idea, I've had it for awhile and I don't see very many BR ideas accepted. I myself don't care either way but I would like to try this in forge, sadly I know some of the ways I want to set this up probably isn't possible. Well 343... Can we have the tools to make this possible?

I wish 343 still got on waypoint, if I could borrow Halo Infinite's forge I could get this made right now. I have 3 months off work, the only thing I couldn't do is make the kill barrier outside of the circle as it gets smaller and the pelican drops. But they could always add that in.
I read the title thinking you were unhappy with the Battle Rifle in Halo Infinite, only to find yet another Battle Royale suggestion. Not a bad one at all, mind you, but there do seem to be a lot of them.

I suppose 343i may include a Battle Royale post-launch if there's enough interest in it.
Do we need another one of these BR request threads? the biggest thread so far on this is this. Anyway BR is not coming to Halo Infinite but 343i did say that fans can make it in forge if fans really wanted to. Just because some people like it does not mean that a game-type should drop a majority of the content to cater to 1 game-type and nearly every game that has BR has dropped content that was either removed or lead to lack of support after BR dropped.
ronnie42 wrote:
Do we need another one of these BR request threads? the biggest thread so far on this is this. Anyway BR is not coming to Halo Infinite but 343i did say that fans can make it in forge if fans really wanted to. Just because some people like it does not mean that a game-type should drop a majority of the content to cater to 1 game-type and nearly every game that has BR has dropped content that was either removed or lead to lack of support after BR dropped.
This isn't really a request, it's an idea, more so to cater to those who are unsure of how a BR would work on Halo, or to those who don't like the idea. This is just my personal idea for something I believe would work and or make more people happy. I know 343 said there won't be one but if the community wants one we will need certain tools to do so.
I have updated this with a second idea, again these are just ideas. I am all about making custom games and or maps for more variety and I hope I get the chance.
A Halo Battle Royale would be pretty sweet. Just so long as it feels like it's literally just Halo, on a shrinking map, with one life and revives. That's to say, the gameplay should not be altered to add consumables to generate shields and the like. All we should be finding on the map are randomly placed weapons, vehicles, equipment, and os/camo/speed boost powerups.

Also, we should exclusively start in a drop pod, with a standard AR/Sidekick loadout.

As for the map, having well-known arenas sprinkled around as landmarks would be cool where they make sense, and be a cool way to have more popular classic maps on the game. The first map on the game will likely be on a Halo, so classic outdoor forerunner maps, or maps that were more akin to UNSC/Covenant outposts (like Snowbound) would be cool. Entering a Forerunner structure to find Hang 'em High on the inside would be pretty cool too.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Also, we should exclusively start in a drop pod, with a standard AR/Sidekick loadout.
You mean a Single Occupant Exoatmospheric Insertion Vehicle?
If this version of BR was made, I'd play it. It sounds like an amazing way to introduce Halo into a BR, however they would have to execute it perfectly as Halo doesn't exactly belong as a BR. Otherwise, good idea!
You say that, and yet people have been making "Hunger games" custom games and forging large arenas for single-life FFA matches since we first got our hands on Halo 3.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
A Halo Battle Royale would be pretty sweet. Just so long as it feels like it's literally just Halo, on a shrinking map, with one life and revives. That's to say, the gameplay should not be altered to add consumables to generate shields and the like. All we should be finding on the map are randomly placed weapons, vehicles, equipment, and os/camo/speed boost powerups.

As for the map, having well-known arenas sprinkled around as landmarks would be cool where they make sense, and be a cool way to have more popular classic maps on the game. The first map on the game will likely be on a Halo, so classic outdoor forerunner maps, or maps that were more akin to UNSC/Covenant outposts (like Snowbound) would be cool. Entering a Forerunner structure to find Hang 'em High on the inside would be pretty cool too.
That was kinda my idea for the end of the BR match.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
You say that, and yet people have been making "Hunger games" custom games and forging large arenas for single-life FFA matches since we first got our hands on Halo 3.
I suppose, however I don't have much experience with Forge and Custom Games because I rarely play them, so excuse my ignorance.
I thought you were going to talk about the battle rifle lol. While I'm generally opposed to the idea of a BR, this would be one of the better ways to do it, and at least be remotely close to Halo's original combat formula
I think 343 will not make an official BR gamemode but I think it can be made in Forge.
I love your ideas by the way!
I think 343 will not make an official BR gamemode but I think it can be made in Forge.
I love your ideas by the way!
Hey thank you, I plan on trying to make one that works and becomes quite popular. Interested to see how many people truly love my 2 ideas. That way I can for sure put maximum effort into it. I do believe that forge will be missing some tools I need to officially make one though.