Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Name 1 thing Halo 6 multiplayer needs. GO!

OP Rovo Zy Qresul

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 33
  4. 34
  5. 35
  6. 36
  7. ...
  8. 37
DoubleSama wrote:
An insanely high max rank so there's a reason for me to keep playing it for a long time. That's the thing it needs the most if it's going to keep my attention.
Something higher then reaching 152?? I think 152 is insanley high & only a handful of people will probably ever get to it.
DoubleSama wrote:
An insanely high max rank so there's a reason for me to keep playing it for a long time. That's the thing it needs the most if it's going to keep my attention.
Something higher then reaching 152?? I think 152 is insanley high & only a handful of people will probably ever get to it.
152 was ridiculously overkill imo, should’ve let us reach max rank at 148 or so.
DoubleSama wrote:
152 was ridiculously overkill imo, should’ve let us reach max rank at 148 or so.
I dont mind 152, I know i will never get there. But i wish they would of kept the same exp needed but maybe add some more ranks between 130-152. Maybe they could have gone to 172 or something. Its a pain bejng stuck at one ranks for months.... Also the reeards for unlocking those higher ranks arent appealing to me what so ever so why bother grinding for an emblem that i would probably rank on the low end of the spectrum when comparing it to others. Very underwhelming imo
DoubleSama wrote:
I dont mind 152, I know i will never get there. But i wish they would of kept the same exp needed but maybe add some more ranks between 130-152. Maybe they could have gone to 172 or something. Its a pain bejng stuck at one ranks for months.... Also the reeards for unlocking those higher ranks arent appealing to me what so ever so why bother grinding for an emblem that i would probably rank on the low end of the spectrum when comparing it to others. Very underwhelming imo
As someone who made it to 152 months ago, I can safely say that 148 wouldn't have cut it. You're not even halfway to 152 until you're 150, so 148 is nothing compared to that grind. I get that people think 152 is too high, but since you don't get anything super special for it, there's nothing you're missing out on by not getting there. Just let people like me who love to grind have something to work for; it doesn't take anything away from anyone else.

That said, I'm not saying I want something that takes longer than 152 in the future, I'm just saying I want something that takes a long time (which 152 did). Halo 4 by comparison was way too easy to get to 130 or whatever that max rank was. Every 10 ranks the amount of xp needed reset, so there wasn't really a grind, and that's no fun to me.
DoubleSama wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
As someone who made it to 152 months ago, I can safely say that 148 wouldn't have cut it. You're not even halfway to 152 until you're 150, so 148 is nothing compared to that grind. I get that people think 152 is too high, but since you don't get anything super special for it, there's nothing you're missing out on by not getting there. Just let people like me who love to grind have something to work for; it doesn't take anything away from anyone else.

That said, I'm not saying I want something that takes longer than 152 in the future, I'm just saying I want something that takes a long time (which 152 did). Halo 4 by comparison was way too easy to get to 130 or whatever that max rank was. Every 10 ranks the amount of xp needed reset, so there wasn't really a grind, and that's no fun to me.
Well how did you guys like trying to reach Inheritor in Halo Reach?
Custom Games:
-Ability to disable any sprint mechanics and player gravity and player movement settings to toggle.-Set the number of players that are allowed into the multiplayer online lobby. (Ex. Max # of players-16 (8 v 8))In General rewards:
-Like in Halo 3, earning skulls and certain achievements will unlock specific armor pieces to armor sets. (Ex. Earning all Halo 3 campaign skulls unlocks the Hayabusa Helmet, Ex 2. Accumulating 1000 Gamerscore on Halo 3 unlocks the Hayabusa Katana) -Completing campaign on Legendary Solo or Co-Op will unlock a difficulty specific armor set or piece(s). (Ex. Completing Halo 4 campaign on Legendary unlocks Master Chief's armor set)Multiplayer:
-No ADS (Aim Down Sight)-Deadzone toggle config.-No sprinting-Toggle Assassination (toggling whether you want to have an animation for your assassination or just let the assassination be a medal from punching enemy player in the back)That's all I could think of at the moment.
ADS is fine, it was in Halo 3 for a lot of weapons. Toggle Assassination is a thing, you pretty much can disable sprinting by altering the sprint speed to normal movement, but a disable option would be pretty nice for a simple solution.
Sangheili! Bring back the elites!

"Elites never die, they're just missing in multiplayer."
I'm dead.. I'm just dead.. I am KIA.. I am dead..

Also, don't mean to burst anyone's bubble here. But the title says MULTIPLAYER, not single player.
J kid789 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:

Well how did you guys like trying to reach Inheritor in Halo Reach?
I never got to Inheritor in Reach, I think I was Nova when I stopped (that's like 3 ranks away or something), but Inheritor in Reach was actually easier to get to than 152 in H5. It was a significantly less amount of XP needed and there were a lot more ways to gain XP in that game. Also, XP was tied to personal performance, which some could argue makes it easier to rank up, but not for me since I just play a lot, I'm not good lol.

That said, I think a rank like Inheritor would work well too, but I just think the longer it takes to get to the better (assuming there is a cap that is). Once I had completed all the achievements, commendations, and acquired Achilles, the only thing keeping me around H5 was max rank, which means I kept playing the game. I like having a reason to keep playing something, so if I can get to max rank easily, that just means I won't be enjoying the game as long.

However, as I mentioned before, I don't think there should be some super special thing for reaching max rank. Would it be nice? Yes. But at the same time I feel that would be unfair to most players. Reaching the rank is essentially reward enough as long as it can be displayed in some way.
Custom Games:
-Ability to disable any sprint mechanics and player gravity and player movement settings to toggle.-Set the number of players that are allowed into the multiplayer online lobby. (Ex. Max # of players-16 (8 v 8))In General rewards:
-Like in Halo 3, earning skulls and certain achievements will unlock specific armor pieces to armor sets. (Ex. Earning all Halo 3 campaign skulls unlocks the Hayabusa Helmet, Ex 2. Accumulating 1000 Gamerscore on Halo 3 unlocks the Hayabusa Katana) -Completing campaign on Legendary Solo or Co-Op will unlock a difficulty specific armor set or piece(s). (Ex. Completing Halo 4 campaign on Legendary unlocks Master Chief's armor set)Multiplayer:
-No ADS (Aim Down Sight)-Deadzone toggle config.-No sprinting-Toggle Assassination (toggling whether you want to have an animation for your assassination or just let the assassination be a medal from punching enemy player in the back)That's all I could think of at the moment.
ADS is fine, it was in Halo 3 for a lot of weapons. Toggle Assassination is a thing, you pretty much can disable sprinting by altering the sprint speed to normal movement, but a disable option would be pretty nice for a simple solution.
ADS was not a thing in Halo 3. Zoom was. The difference being that ADS allows you to see outside of the scope. Zoom, is just what you can see through the scope.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Playable Elites.
Invasion
omarlotrc wrote:
Playable Elites.
Fingers crossed.
I would like to see the Thruster pack be swapped with the Evade from Halo Reach. Its more grounded I feel the Thrusters just really add to how over the top sweaty H5G is. Some players are insanely good with it and good for them, but it seems more like an offensive ability than a defensive one. With Thruster pack as it is now players can be ultra aggresive and your only option is to try to shoot them when they are running, sliding, thrusting at you. I'd perfer a bubble sheild when that happens to me, but H5G is catered to over aggresive competitive play. I think this one thing swapped for an evade would slow the combat down just enough to bridge the gap for casuals.
It would also leave room for other AA's or Equipment if Evade or Equipment was attached to a double tapping of a button. Both could be in the game if that was the case. Double tap crouch to evade and double tap reload to use equipment and that would leave a button for AA's like jetpack, Dropsheild and Regen for those who like to play more defensively.
Playable Grunts and Jackals.
Overall ranking system like Halo 3 or Reach that uses names instead of numbers. Sergeant, warrant officer, inheritor, etc. and have overall rank tied to ranked playlists like Halo 3 did.

I like the league system Halo 5 has.
An armor customization thing like Reach, I loved Reach's ranking system and currency.

Playable Elites, whether or not if only in special game modes.

Firefight: A proper firefight would be nice, I liked Reach's firefight (Only one I have played. Firefight wise of course.) and would love to see another.
Better Objective gamemode support, Halo 5 is severely lacking in that department. The only playlist I can get them in is Team Arena, and HCS rules have ruined that.
My main requests are that the customization not be limited like it is in Halo 5 right now. I hope reaches armor customization returns allowing players to pick and choose what they want to buy and put on their spartan. Secondly, that there be actual map DLC. Not just forge maps. The game would feel more fresh for sure.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 33
  4. 34
  5. 35
  6. 36
  7. ...
  8. 37