OP JohnDang55

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
JohnDang55 wrote:
Halo as a whole has been trying to be excessively realistic as possible they even got those Machine Accelerating Cannons calculations worked out.
That’s simply not true. Regardless of how it’s been expanded upon, the MAC gun is still incredibly unrealistic. Some technology in Halo has a lot of thought and detail put into it, but that doesn’t make it hyperrealistic.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
You should know that many fans across the community greatly disliked the H5 Rocket Launcher, and wanted the SPKR to return (myself included).
I would have given it a shot too, if it wasn't the most generic looking launcher I have ever seen. I look at it and just see it in every military shooter out there. I'm all for new guns and designs, but Halo has always had its own style and flair.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
You should know that many fans across the community greatly disliked the H5 Rocket Launcher, and wanted the SPKR to return (myself included).
I would have given it a shot too, if it wasn't the most generic looking launcher I have ever seen. I look at it and just see it in every military shooter out there. I all for new guns and designs, but Halo has always had its own style and flair.
Similarly, the “Sidekick” handgun looks all to modern and uninspiring. I am fine with new weapon designs, but between the Sidekick and the H5 Rocket Launcher they feel so uninspired compared to other Halo weapons.
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
Why is nostalgia more important than realism. In the game since it has no volume or mass it’s not a problem but when you start going into other media such as books and comics you start to see how ridiculous it is.

One of the most notable rocket battles was in the book Halo:The flood the novelisation of the first game and its hard for me to imagine soldiers defending Alpha base from 200 or so ghosts using the SPNKr when the PILUM makes more sense.

343 should have shown both rockets.
Realism matters less in games because truly realistic games aren't fun to most people. When i'm playing Halo, i'm not like "How can marines survive after being shot with plasma? They should at least be incapacitated!" The reason people think you're a troll is because this community has realism on the backburner. It's just not important.
Halo marine BDU is how they survive plasma, don’t you read up any of the halo wikis?

In fact every species has some form of armour for each of their soldiers that allows them to survive against all weaponry. If I recall the marine BDU is designed to disperse heat making it effective against plasma.
*Marine gets shot directly in the face where there’s no armor* “Yep, I’m good!” No, I think you look into everything too much. I don’t see why you want hyper realism. I’m sorry but if that’s what you really want, you’ve got the wrong game franchise. No argument to be had. Halo is not realistic.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:
I would have given it a shot too, if it wasn't the most generic looking launcher I have ever seen. I look at it and just see it in every military shooter out there. I all for new guns and designs, but Halo has always had its own style and flair.
Similarly, the “Sidekick” handgun looks all to modern and uninspiring. I am fine with new weapon designs, but between the Sidekick and the H5 Rocket Launcher they feel so uninspired compared to other Halo weapons.
I actually think the sidekick may look a lot better if I was more Black and maybe some radium sights like H2s either green or even blue? I'd have to see it to decide.
Realism is not important in video games. That's what makes video games fun, they're not realistic. They're a way to escape reality and have fun while doing so
C0RRuPTT wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:
I actually think the sidekick may look a lot better if I was more Black and maybe some radium sights like H2s either green or even blue? I'd have to see it to decide.
Here’s one concept I considered, if weapon attachments are in halo infinite, they could surely help the sidekick look much better.
Realism is not important in video games. That's what makes video games fun, they're not realistic. They're a way to escape reality and have fun while doing so
I agree with the fact that Halo is not meant to be realistic. But there is definitely a demand for ultra realism, especially in shooters. Just that Halo does not fit into that demand at all nor should it.
The SPNKr is easily better than the PILUM. The PILUM looks really generic while the SPNKr looks different and is far more interesting.
I can sympathize with this post. If you like the PILUM rocket launcher, to have a weapon you have become fond of changed or removed can be frustrating. Maybe they will have the PILUM as an add in later? Or maybe it is in the game and we just dont know it yet. I feel that way about the pistol that we saw in Infinite. We just have to wait and see. I do know that 343 reads these forums, and they are listening. So making your voice heard is important.

Set a fire in your heart Spartan! Bare your fangs! Fight hard! Die well...
Again why do I have stress this, Halo isn't just a game its a franchise. The SPNKr does not work in books, movies, tv shows, comics or cosplays. 343 not including the PILUM is not taking care of the long term future of Halo.

I prefer the SPNKr myself, but I am putting my feelings aside to understand what is better for Halo as a whole. If you people cannot understand why SPNKr is bad for realism then you should all be okay with a human raised by covenant to hate humans as major plotline for the crappy tv show.
JohnDang55 wrote:
Again why do I have stress this, Halo isn't just a game its a franchise. The SPNKr does not work in books, movies, tv shows, comics or cosplays. 343 not including the PILUM is not taking care of the long term future of Halo.

I prefer the SPNKr myself, but I am putting my feelings aside to understand what is better for Halo as a whole. If you people cannot understand why SPNKr is bad for realism then you should all be okay with a human raised by covenant to hate humans as major plotline for the crappy tv show.
It is a game franchise where the games come first before all other forms of entertainment in it's franchise. plus -Yoink- rocket launcher ripped from doom 2016 < SPNKr and that's an objective fact
JohnDang55 wrote:

It is a game franchise where the games come first before all other forms of entertainment in it's franchise. plus -Yoink- rocket launcher ripped from doom 2016 < SPNKr and that's an objective fact
Halo 5 came out 2015, which is before doom, so if anything Doom 2016 ripped off from Halo 5 Guardians.
Ur probably trolling, but I will bite.
SPNKR is not the most unrealistic design ever. People don't lug around rocket launchers like a machine gun in real life. People usually use them in trenches or bases. The way one can easily put a SPNKR on their shoulder is good. The double spinning barrel allows for rapid fire succession. It is easy to operate, one just has to look at the instructions on the side of the gun. The reason you don't see much belt fed rocket launchers in real life because rockets are generally large.
I want my sci-fi to be realistic, but not at the cost of being cool. Fun is # 1 when it comes to games. Yeah the Needler doesn't make sense and neither does its' lore explanation on how it works, but that's ok. The needler is cool.
JohnDang55 wrote:
Why is nostalgia more important than realism. In the game since it has no volume or mass it’s not a problem but when you start going into other media such as books and comics you start to see how ridiculous it is.

One of the most notable rocket battles was in the book Halo:The flood the novelisation of the first game and its hard for me to imagine soldiers defending Alpha base from 200 or so ghosts using the SPNKr when the PILUM makes more sense.

Stop
JohnDang55 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:

I think you miss the point of escapism. We are leaving reality mentally speaking, and joining a world imagined by someone else. It doesn't need to be excessively realistic, it just needs to be cool and interesting.

Plus this game isn't even that realistic to begin with. Humans wouldn't even be using bullets 500 years into the future well modern technology is already looking into alternatives. Not to mention were fighting fanatic space aliens on a giant anti SOB hoola hoop.

I do agree that both designs should be catered too, but when it boils down to it cool is more memorable then real, as real will fade into obscurity like all the many FPS cod clones out there.

Edit : here's another example for my point. Imagine yourself walking through a neighborhood, you've marched past at least a dozen brown houses that all look pretty much the same. Then you come upon a bright pink mansion that looks like it's literally just reflecting sunlight.

Which out of all the houses are you most likely to remember?

Granted the bright pink house isn't very realistic, but can you even tell me what color all the other houses were without going back and checking? One of them is definitely going to stand out in a crowd.
Halo as a whole has been trying to be excessively realistic as possible they even got those Machine Accelerating Cannons calculations worked out.

Every finite detail has been explained, Halo isn’t sci fi nonsense like Star Wars; where you are made to believe that a Star ship less than 2km long can blow up a planet when 2 or 3 decades ago they needed a 120 diameter Death Star to do the job.

I’m trying to explain this in a bigger picture because Halo as a whole is a franchise it isn’t just games, when they are multiple tv shows, movies, cosplay’s and more books the PILUM rocket launcher will be needed more than the SPNKr.
please watch the cutscene of Master chief giving the covenant back their bomb and tell me this is a realistic series. Also, what is realistic about a gravity hammer? What is realistic about an energy sword? the answer to both is nothing. but they are fun as hell to play in game, so we suspend our disbelief
Spoonsor wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:

I think you miss the point of escapism. We are leaving reality mentally speaking, and joining a world imagined by someone else. It doesn't need to be excessively realistic, it just needs to be cool and interesting.

Plus this game isn't even that realistic to begin with. Humans wouldn't even be using bullets 500 years into the future well modern technology is already looking into alternatives. Not to mention were fighting fanatic space aliens on a giant anti SOB hoola hoop.

I do agree that both designs should be catered too, but when it boils down to it cool is more memorable then real, as real will fade into obscurity like all the many FPS cod clones out there.

Edit : here's another example for my point. Imagine yourself walking through a neighborhood, you've marched past at least a dozen brown houses that all look pretty much the same. Then you come upon a bright pink mansion that looks like it's literally just reflecting sunlight.

Granted the bright pink house isn't very realistic, but can you even tell me what color all the other houses were without going back and checking? One of them is definitely going to stand out in a crowd.

Every finite detail has been explained, Halo isn’t sci fi nonsense like Star Wars; where you are made to believe that a Star ship less than 2km long can blow up a planet when 2 or 3 decades ago they needed a 120 diameter Death Star to do the job.

I’m trying to explain this in a bigger picture because Halo as a whole is a franchise it isn’t just games, when they are multiple tv shows, movies, cosplay’s and more books the PILUM rocket launcher will be needed more than the SPNKr.
please watch the cutscene of Master chief giving the covenant back their bomb and tell me this is a realistic series. Also, what is realistic about a gravity hammer? What is realistic about an energy sword? the answer to both is nothing. but they are fun as hell to play in game, so we suspend our disbelief
He ejected himself out of the airlock with the bomb, his suit is rated for 90 minutes of vacuum. He delivered the bomb and pushed against it to give himself force to leave the super carrier. It all followed the laws of physics. Newton’s first law is what’s in motion stays in motion. Master chief is already going in a direction and there is minimal gravitational to affect his momentum, which is why he is able to do what did.
Heck in Long night of solace in halo reach they made a big deal out of low gravity and normal gravity on the same level, which goes to show how far they will go to make it as realistic as possible.

Energy sword is a plasma blade held together by magnetic fields, gravity hammer has impellers that generate some sort of shock on the striking face.
JohnDang55 wrote:
Spoonsor wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:

He injected himself out of the airlock with the bomb, his suit is rated for 90 minutes of vacuum. He delivered the bomb and pushed against it to give himself force to leave the super carrier. It all followed the laws of physics. Newton’s first law is what’s in motion stays in motion. Master chief is already going in a direction and there is minimal gravitational to affect his momentum, which is why he is able to do what did.
Heck in Long night of solace in halo reach they made a big deal out of low gravity and normal gravity on the same level, which goes to show how far they will go to make it as realistic as possible.

Energy sword is a plasma blade held together by magnetic fields, gravity hammer has impellers that generate some sort of shock on the striking face.
The point flying

Your head

Nobody likes the doom2016 rocket launcher and prefers it over the spnkr except you, it's bland uninspired garbage recycled from other AAA shooters
JohnDang55 wrote:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone try to claim that the Covenant melee weapons are realistic in any sense of the word. There’s a first time for everything.
I'm sorry but this is one of the dumbest posts I've read on here in a long time.

I'm not going to bother getting into the realism argument as people have already touched on it, and proved you wrong. Also, the SPNKR has been in literally every Halo game, while the other generic looking rocket launcher has been in 1 game. Why would you expect it to be the only one in Infinite? What's even funnier, is that you don't even know if it's in the game or not. The game is a year away!!!

To say that you won't buy H6 because your favorite rocket launcher won't be in it, is a pretty sad statement. But I'm honestly ok with it, cause people like you who complain about this kind of stuff, is why the Halo community is always divided and gets a bad name. So if you won't be playing the game, then that's one less toxic complainer we'll have to deal with. Bye bye!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4