Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

New Achievment Ideas

OP HaloBungie343I

So, a person with the username Geoffyz asked in the E3 threads if there was a thread for Achievements. While I am aware there is, and sent a link to that thread, the way the question was worded sounded as if the real question was where can I recommend an achievement?

So, without further ado,

What Achievents would you love to see in Halo Infinite? And how much Gamerscore should it be worth?

My answer:

The Man. The Myth. The Legend. THE CHIPS DUBBO!

How to get it:

Fight along side Chips and listen to one of his dialogues.

Gamerscore: 15G

What else can we think of?
I Am Your Shield, I Am Your Sword - 10G
In a Co-Op game, prevent your partner from dying on Heroic difficulty.
Team Shooter - 5G
Betray a teammate 3 times in a single matchmaking session.

Funny Number - 5G
Have 6 kills and 9 deaths in a match.

Destiny Can Wait - 20G
Find the sphere of an intelligent object in the Campaign.
Payback Time - 10G
Kill every enemy unit in a single level
Team Shooter - 5GBetray a teammate 3 times in a single matchmaking session.
This would definitely have to deduct gamer score lol.
I was always hoping for, at least in Halo 5, to have a "Starlord" achievement. You have a "starkiller" achievement. How about after killing a certain number of enemy players while charging thier ground pound would unlock this.
Another one would be using the slide mechanic while killing an enemy: Stealing Home Plate

Get three slide kills in one match: Grand Slam

Making a certain number of long distance grenade sticks: Long Bomb

Kill every player on the enemy team in BTB: I Am Inevitable

Be the last player alive in a 1v1: I Am Ironman

Get kills using only a warthog in BTB: The Grand Tour

Get no kills and zero deaths: Time Is Your Ally Human
It flew pretty good - 25G
Splatter an enemy with airborne debris in campaign or multiplayer
(This ones assuming that canon characters make it back into the game and we see them again)
Preferred Weapon- 20 G
Get a kill with every non-Chief character's prefered weapon (Fred's Knife, Kelly's Shotgun, Linda's Sniper, Lopis's Pistol, and any Gamma's Rage ability)

1000 Pounds Of Machine and Nerve-10 G
Kill 3 or more Grunts, Crawlers, or Infection Forms with one Spartan Charge

Misrah's Armory-50 G
Get a kill with every UNSC weapon in the game (including Spartan Abilities)

Cloud 9-10 G
Get a kill using every REQ 9 level weapon in the game
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Payback Time - 10GKill every enemy unit in a single level
...and complete the mission undetected. :)
Kicked out of the game - 10G
Get booted away by a teammate for betraying.
Finished the Fight Again - 50G
Complete the campaign on any difficulty (of course, have other achievements to add for higher difficulties).

We Had to Share the Rock - 25G
In co-op, both players must occupy a Scorpion tank for fifteen uninterrupted minutes

Call Me Cupid - 50G
Blow up something really big with a Scorpion tank.

... They Will be Disappointed - 25G
Be interrupted by being killed while attempting an assassination in the campaign. (This correlates to the biggest pain in the butt achievement froma Halo: Reach)

Oh, and of course (Marked it as a spoiler just in case!):

Spoiler:
Show
personally wish microsoft just abandon the gamerscore concept. It has no real value and makes the bragging rights to linear. Achievements should be showcased based on the personal preference of the user whenever someone visits a profile. Kinda like the forums do. Im sure Microsoft is gonna be doing that for Scarlett anyway so who am I to say.

Oh and bring back vidmaster esq achievements for crying out loud. Those were the only ones anyone really cared about.
Finished the Fight Again - 50GComplete the campaign on any difficulty (of course, have other achievements to add for higher difficulties).

We Had to Share the Rock - 25GIn co-op, both players must occupy a Scorpion tank for fifteen uninterrupted minutes

Call Me Cupid - 50GBlow up something really big with a Scorpion tank.

... They Will be Disappointed - 25GBe interrupted by being killed while attempting an assassination in the campaign. (This correlates to the biggest pain in the butt achievement froma Halo: Reach)

Oh, and of course (Marked it as a spoiler just in case!):

Spoiler:
Show
If this site had achievements itself, and one was "Best Response of the Month," you most certainly would have gotten it.

Love the last one. The spoiler. By far the most appropriate one for this upcoming game.

And "We had to share the rock"
Beautiful reference to Johnson. Halo 2, correct? Very good idea.
Some of my ideas:
  1. Smile, would ya? 5G: Customize your Spartan in the Multiplayer tab.
  2. You told me there wouldn't be any cameras. - 5G: Take a picture of your Spartan Appearance in Multiplayer.
  3. Roadkilled - 20G: During the campaign, Run over 10 or more grunts with any vehicle during the campaign.
  4. We remembered. Did you? - 50G: Find the marine's personal audio log from the planet Reach during Mission X
  5. Folks need heroes Chief, to give them hope - 117G: Completed the Campaign on Legendary solo.
  6. Learn something new everyday - 10G: Trade a UNSC weapon to an Elite for their currently equipped weapon.
  7. (Mystery Achievement) OOOO Popcorn! - 15G: Should've brought some butter.
  8. And stay broken! - 15G: Kill a Knight within 10 seconds after a watcher repairs it's armor pieces on heroic/legendary difficulty.
  9. I knew we'd be perfect together. -25G: Completed the campaign on Normal or Harder.
  10. Kick off the training wheels! - 15G: Completed the campaign on easy difficulty
  11. You sure you can handle it? - 10G: Trade a Rocket launcher for a grunt's plasma pistol.
  12. Just like the old days. - 25G: Completed the Warthog Run
Just some I could think of off the top of my head. True some of these are based on campaign quotes, it's better than nothing honestly.
A View From The Top -100G
Get max Spartan Rank in Halo infinite
(Hopefully its somewhat hard to get like H5)
Sypriz wrote:
A View From The Top -100GGet max Spartan Rank in Halo infinite
I like this idea. As someone who loves getting max rank in each Halo, this would be a fun achievement to get.
Volize wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
I like this idea. As someone who loves getting max rank in each Halo, this would be a fun achievement o get.
i feel the same way. getting 152 was really fun in h5
Sypriz wrote:
Volize wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
I like this idea. As someone who loves getting max rank in each Halo, this would be a fun achievement o get.
Yeah it was. It took me 2 years of constant Warzone grinding to get it... If Infinite’s max rank is as difficult as H5’s, an achievement for hitting max rank would make the grind much more worth it.
Volize wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
Volize wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
Yeah it was. It took me 2 years of constant Warzone grinding to get it... If Infinite’s max rank is as difficult as H5’s, an achievement for hitting max rank would make the grind much more worth it.
agreed. if the max rank is easy or somewhat east to get the achievement should be like 50G. the harder the grind the hight the gamerscore. i like how we're getting something in infinite for getting 152 also, that will hopefully make the grind worth it.