Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

New Assassinations In Halo Infinite. Any Ideas?

OP Ventryx8412

What type of new assassinations would you want to see in halo infinite? ideas, thoughts, anything.
What type of new assassinations would you want to see in halo infinite? ideas, thoughts, anything.
Options for first person assasinations in the settings area?
I hate assassinations... Seems too much of a COD thing. I simply like the quick and simple melee in the back means insta kill. Like every major installment not made by 343 I.
I hate assassinations... Seems too much of a COD thing. I simply like the quick and simple melee in the back means insta kill. Like every major installment not made by 343 I.
Agreed
As long as they can be disabled or ignored I don't care. I'm not a fan of them and rarely use them, and some of them looked ridiculous in Halo 5 due to the lack of blood imo.
Slayaja wrote:
Agreed
Even I don't like Assassinations personally. I have them disabled in Halo 5. But just saying, they were introduced by Bungie with Halo: Reach, not 343i.
MrSid117 wrote:
Slayaja wrote:
Agreed
Even I don't like Assassinations personally. I have them disabled in Halo 5. But just saying, they were introduced by Bungie with Halo: Reach, not 343i.
It's selective memory I guess? Or a fogged memory from how long people have been pointing fingers at 343 for X or Y subject.

On topic, I can't think of anything new, except maybe more weapon-specific assassinations like you get with the Sword and Flags? I'd like to see Terminal Velocity and Supernova return though, hoh man those are epic.
To make everyone happy, have a toggle for the assassinations so people can disable if they chose. Also have a first person option to not break fluidity.

next off. I’d like to propose more blood. Some assassinations just don’t seem as good as they could be because there’s no gore.

343i should also have an option for random assassinations. You will do a random unlocked assassination if selected. Or select certain assassinations to cycle thru instead of just choosing 1.

I think 343i could get more creative with assassinations. More thrusters in the animation. And more weapon specific assassination. The gravity hammer one is amazing. I’d like to see more along those lines. Also I’ve thought about an assassination where you kick someone into slipspace and they just disappear.

Also just another side idea. I always thought hand to hand combat might be interesting in halo. Also just not having weapons in general equipped
My Idea was that you jump forward, than as you pass their head you grab them with your legs, and then use your back thrusters to start spinning with their head locked to your feet and as you go up at about a diagonal angle, you suddenly change course so that you go down diagonally BACK to where you started and then impact the ground feet-first with the guy in your legs, release, roll, cartwheel, and land on your feet where you started.
Anyone know what the Tomahawk is that SEALs used? That may be a bit too COD-ish buuuuutt....I would love to see something of the sort with Halo.