Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

New Assassinations In Halo Infinite. Any Ideas?

OP Ventryx8412

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What type of new assassinations would you want to see in halo infinite? ideas, thoughts, anything.
What type of new assassinations would you want to see in halo infinite? ideas, thoughts, anything.
Options for first person assasinations in the settings area?
I hate assassinations... Seems too much of a COD thing. I simply like the quick and simple melee in the back means insta kill. Like every major installment not made by 343 I.
I hate assassinations... Seems too much of a COD thing. I simply like the quick and simple melee in the back means insta kill. Like every major installment not made by 343 I.
Agreed
As long as they can be disabled or ignored I don't care. I'm not a fan of them and rarely use them, and some of them looked ridiculous in Halo 5 due to the lack of blood imo.
Slayaja wrote:
Agreed
Even I don't like Assassinations personally. I have them disabled in Halo 5. But just saying, they were introduced by Bungie with Halo: Reach, not 343i.
MrSid117 wrote:
Slayaja wrote:
Agreed
Even I don't like Assassinations personally. I have them disabled in Halo 5. But just saying, they were introduced by Bungie with Halo: Reach, not 343i.
It's selective memory I guess? Or a fogged memory from how long people have been pointing fingers at 343 for X or Y subject.

On topic, I can't think of anything new, except maybe more weapon-specific assassinations like you get with the Sword and Flags? I'd like to see Terminal Velocity and Supernova return though, hoh man those are epic.
To make everyone happy, have a toggle for the assassinations so people can disable if they chose. Also have a first person option to not break fluidity.

next off. I’d like to propose more blood. Some assassinations just don’t seem as good as they could be because there’s no gore.

343i should also have an option for random assassinations. You will do a random unlocked assassination if selected. Or select certain assassinations to cycle thru instead of just choosing 1.

I think 343i could get more creative with assassinations. More thrusters in the animation. And more weapon specific assassination. The gravity hammer one is amazing. I’d like to see more along those lines. Also I’ve thought about an assassination where you kick someone into slipspace and they just disappear.

Also just another side idea. I always thought hand to hand combat might be interesting in halo. Also just not having weapons in general equipped
My Idea was that you jump forward, than as you pass their head you grab them with your legs, and then use your back thrusters to start spinning with their head locked to your feet and as you go up at about a diagonal angle, you suddenly change course so that you go down diagonally BACK to where you started and then impact the ground feet-first with the guy in your legs, release, roll, cartwheel, and land on your feet where you started.
Anyone know what the Tomahawk is that SEALs used? That may be a bit too COD-ish buuuuutt....I would love to see something of the sort with Halo.
Some more weapon based assassinations would be cool. Like maybe the needler. Swing the gun needle side up into targets head and break them off. Then kicking the victim forward as the supercombine detonates
Make the assassination a simple neck twist but almost as fast as a melee and I think everyone will love it especially when you don’t see the animation just you hud 180s instantly when ur neck is snapped
Not a new setting for them, (But I have seen some great ones here.) but a new assassination idea...
Spoiler:
Show
Hold This
You give the opponent a live frag grenade. Then you dive on the ground as the body of the opponent comically flies into the air.

Baby Spank
You pick up and slam the opponent on your knee face down, then a single spank sends the opponent flying off of you.

John Halo
You kick the opponent to the ground, then pull out an M6D Magnum, putting three shots into their corpse.

Trickshot
You hammer your opponent into the air, snipe them in the head, rocket their corpse, then finally stick them with a plasma grenade.

Kombat Evolution
You punch and kick your opponent to the ground, launch them up with a rocket, then impale them with a flag on the way down. Striking a pose to the camera as Jeff says "Fatality!"
I would like to see some more options to make them quicker, or for the sadist more brutal.
if the fotus helmet comes back I want to stab people with the horn. this is the only reason I'd ever wear that thing.
Another good idea is instead of using a knife or some other melee kill, you just turn them around, and calmly put a round into their face with your weapon in an execution fashion. probably best performed with a magnum and the animation being one hand on the gun.
you can turn them off in halo 5 and I'd expect that to be an option in infinite as well.
if the fotus helmet comes back I want to stab people with the horn. this is the only reason I'd ever wear that thing.
Another good idea is instead of using a knife or some other melee kill, you just turn them around, and calmly put a round into their face with your weapon in an execution fashion. probably best performed with a magnum and the animation being one hand on the gun.
you can turn them off in halo 5 and I'd expect that to be an option in infinite as well.
On customs, yes. And I believe Campaign as well. But not multiplayer. And that is the only thing I play. I do make Forge Maps. But do not actually care for customs.
Not a fan of them either, but if i was to add one it would be to grab them in a Muay Thai clinch and throw repeated tiger knees to the face.
Not a fan of them either, but if i was to add one it would be to grab them in a Muay Thai clinch and throw repeated tiger knees to the face.
Maybe in Mortal Kombat should Chief be a fighter.... But not in a Halo game....
Maybe in Mortal Kombat should Chief be a fighter.... But not in a Halo game....
Spartans are super soldiers with super fast combat abilities, including martial arts
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2