Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

New content please 343

OP BroodGuitar3757

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Come on its getting closer show us a new weapon or some new enemies or something the fans are hungry
They should release a first person screenshot with the HUD included. It would basically show the art style without revealing any gameplay mechanics since Spartan abilities don't show up on the HUD.

I think that would be like the biggest tease that would probably anger people more than anything
I’m certain we’ll get something this month. If you look at the previous games and their marketing, we’ve got big reveals the March before release.

E3 2011, we got the Halo 4 teaser trailer (that was all CGI) plus the CEA announcement, with that game releasing only several months later in November. Then 2012 came, and in March 343, seemingly out of nowhere uploaded their first BTS video, showing off multiplayer gameplay, the new spartan 4s, and the new BR, as well as some very WIP campaign screenshots. Then at E3 2012 we get the big campaign demo, the start of the “ancient evil” ARG, all leading up to November 2012 with Halo 4’s release.

E3 2013 we get the poncho chief teaser. Then nothing.

E3 2014 we get the reveal of the MCC, with glimpses of Halo 5. MCC comes out in November that year.

Now of course is we’d all seen Halo 5 gameplay and some of us (including myself) had even played it before March 2015, as we had the Halo 5 beta in December 2014. However, after the beta, the next big reveal wasn’t until March 2015, with the start of the Hunt the Truth ARG.

343 have said that this year is gonna be a non-stop Infinite marketing hype machine, with reveals throughout the year, they said that in January, in February we saw the toys. It’s now March before release, and I’d be super surprised if we didn’t get *something* in the next few weeks. Be that gameplay, ARG, BTS, anything. Placing my bets on the 20th.
Come on its getting closer show us a new weapon or some new enemies or something the fans are hungry
Don't expect anything until E3 (or June if it's cancelled due to coronavirus concerns). That way you can't be disappointed.

E3 2020 is the next date that 343i has confirmed that Halo Infinite will be shown. Anything before that should be viewed as gravy.

I'm as surprised as the next person that we still haven't heard anything about the multiplayer beta, but it'll happen at some point...

Back in December (I think), 343 also said something to the effect of "the Halo hype train isn't slowing down" for Infinite. It's now March and we haven't heard anything so I dunno.
they are holding out as long as possible to avoid showing gameplay. 4 years ago they said it would be like halo 5 but with the vocal majority that isnt neutral on gameplay, fans are making it known that they want the original/simple gameplay with the sandbox being used to create the variety. in all honesty, it seems like 80% of players are fine with either gameplay, 12% want simple and 8% want to fly but the 20% wanting something specific will make their voices heard and 343 dont want the bad press
maybe can return the flood ;)
Toy Fair (and shortly prior to that) actually gave us both of those things.
I’m certain we’ll get something this month. If you look at the previous games and their marketing, we’ve got big reveals the March before release.

E3 2011, we got the Halo 4 teaser trailer (that was all CGI) plus the CEA announcement, with that game releasing only several months later in November. Then 2012 came, and in March 343, seemingly out of nowhere uploaded their first BTS video, showing off multiplayer gameplay, the new spartan 4s, and the new BR, as well as some very WIP campaign screenshots. Then at E3 2012 we get the big campaign demo, the start of the “ancient evil” ARG, all leading up to November 2012 with Halo 4’s release.

E3 2014 we get the reveal of the MCC, with glimpses of Halo 5. MCC comes out in November that year.

Now of course is we’d all seen Halo 5 gameplay and some of us (including myself) had even played it before March 2015, as we had the Halo 5 beta in December 2014. However, after the beta, the next big reveal wasn’t until March 2015, with the start of the Hunt the Truth ARG.

343 have said that this year is gonna be a non-stop Infinite marketing hype machine, with reveals throughout the year, they said that in January, in February we saw the toys. It’s now March before release, and I’d be super surprised if we didn’t get *something* in the next few weeks. Be that gameplay, ARG, BTS, anything. Placing my bets on the 20th.
Personally, I want #HuntTheTruth season 3 to wrap up the differences between the marketing and final product. Can Ben piece together all of the lies from his space prison before going completely insane? Damn I hope so.
MysticKami wrote:

Personally, I want #HuntTheTruth season 3 to wrap up the differences between the marketing and final product. Can Ben piece together all of the lies from his space prison before going completely insane? Damn I hope so.
Hey maybe Halo 5 was all just ONI lies, what they wanted the public to think happened between Halo 4 and Infinite, and Ben will find out the TRUTH! Then Halo 5 can officially be retconned out of existence...
Aye they need to give us a little more story info.
tbh I'm good with the story info we have so far. We got what appears to be at least part of the opening cut scene of the game. keeping the rest of the story in the dark is totally cool with me to maintain the mystery. What I really want to see is gameplay at this point.
tbh I'm good with the story info we have so far. We got what appears to be at least part of the opening cut scene of the game. keeping the rest of the story in the dark is totally cool with me to maintain the mystery. What I really want to see is gameplay at this point.
Tbh after Halo 5 and where that story went, especially after that stellar marketing campaign, I’d rather know the whole plot before playing.

So far everything has got me completely hyped, which I didn’t think would happen considering how disappointed I was with 5. But this time in 2015 I was all aboard the Halo 5 hype train, only to be derailed when the game released.
Tbh after Halo 5 and where that story went, especially after that stellar marketing campaign, I’d rather know the whole plot before playing.

So far everything has got me completely hyped, which I didn’t think would happen considering how disappointed I was with 5. But this time in 2015 I was all aboard the Halo 5 hype train, only to be derailed when the game released.
I mean H5's marketing campaign did show where the whole story was going, right up until we got the game... so that might not be the best example for saying Infinite needs to be fleshed out more in the marketing material. And no other Halo game has had the entire plot laid out before the game released. In fact, it would be very poor marketing to lay out the entire plot before the game has been played. Otherwise why play the campaign at all? If you know the story and how it ends, then just skip on over to MP from the beginning and get started on the progression system.
I really want some gameplay or a round-table with devs talking about the game. Anything. Nine months before release. The last trailer was great but it was such a tease. It felt like the ending of Halo 2. Which is great but frustrating at the same time.
Will they also update the Halo Channel?

I mean H5's marketing campaign did show where the whole story was going, right up until we got the game... so that might not be the best example for saying Infinite needs to be fleshed out more in the marketing material. And no other Halo game has had the entire plot laid out before the game released. In fact, it would be very poor marketing to lay out the entire plot before the game has been played. Otherwise why play the campaign at all? If you know the story and how it ends, then just skip on over to MP from the beginning and get started on the progression system.
So first of all, the story that was advertised in Halo 5’s marketing, specifically the early days with Hunt the Truth, was very different from what we got in the final product.

The story Hunt the Truth set up was one of a corrupt UNSC being puppeteered by ONI, purposefully pulling strings to make humanity top dog of the Milky Way, meanwhile something stirs in deep space. Chief, deciding to go awol, decides to take matters into his own hands, thwarting ONIs plans to destabilise things with the elites, and fighting to unite the galaxy against whatever is out the in deep space. ONI, not wanting one of their most prised assets to be out of their control, sends Locke after 117.

Instead, what we got was “Chief gets a magic vision from Cortana. Wanting to be reunited with his sexy girlfriend, he goes awol in search of her. ONI sends spartan Locke to track him down. Plot twist: Cortana is now evil and has captured John, now Locke must save him.”

So yeah, what was set up in the marketing campaign was pretty different from the games actual plot...

Secondly, I don’t really think that’s how humans enjoy stories. I mean hey, if we know the ending, why even replay the game?

I personally am not effected by spoilers, in fact I’d rather know the outcome of a story before I experience it. May sound odd, but to me the whole concept of a spoiler is absurd. (Though for me to explain my reasoning for that would be very off topic...) But to address your point, of course 343 won’t tell us the whole plot before release, that would be ridiculous, and I don’t think they should. All I’m saying is that I personally will be reading all the spoils before I decide to buy the game, to avoid the disappointment I had with Guardians, and would rather 343 be a bit more straight up about the games plot and what it’ll be about before release. (Though technically they where with Halo 5, it’s just that as I and many others theorise, there may have been some big rewrites between the marketing and the game’s release...)
I would like to see something on the 20th. I know 343i isn’t the vid-doc type but even if it’s a small sample size would be satisfying!
Yo Erk wrote:
I would like to see something on the 20th. I know 343i isn’t the vid-doc type but even if it’s a small sample size would be satisfying!
Hey the first ever Halo 4 reveal vid was a vidoc! (Which was released on March 5th 2012, exactly 8 years ago!)
Yo Erk wrote:
Hey the first ever Halo 4 reveal vid was a vidoc! (Which was released on March 5th 2012, exactly 8 years ago!)
I did not know that. Thanks for pointing that out!

I just watched it and if 343i could release something like that before May, that would keep me satisfied until E3.

I personally am not effected by spoilers, in fact I’d rather know the outcome of a story before I experience it. May sound odd, but to me the whole concept of a spoiler is absurd. (Though for me to explain my reasoning for that would be very off topic...) But to address your point, of course 343 won’t tell us the whole plot before release, that would be ridiculous, and I don’t think they should. All I’m saying is that I personally will be reading all the spoils before I decide to buy the game, to avoid the disappointment I had with Guardians, and would rather 343 be a bit more straight up about the games plot and what it’ll be about before release. (Though technically they where with Halo 5, it’s just that as I and many others theorise, there may have been some big rewrites between the marketing and the game’s release...)
It seems we agree on the first point, so I'll leave it at that.

As to your second point, you are correct that humans will re-read, replay, and re-watch stories that they have already experienced. The proof is in the fact that I just played H3 yesterday. I guess where we differ is that I want to be surprised. H5 certainly makes me wary of the marketing pitfalls that could come with Infinite. So I suppose I'm still wary and would prefer to receive almost no story information. Reading up on the spoils, leaks, and other content has the potential to cause disappointment when those things don't come to fruition.

I also fall into the camp that theorizes that rewrites occurred between the marketing and release of H5. And for that reason, I'd rather just not get any marketing on the story at all until the game is fully ready for release and in the gameplay testing phase. Essentially, show us the gameplay first, then give us the story marketing when its too late to change the story.

It seems we agree on the first point, so I'll leave it at that.

As to your second point, you are correct that humans will re-read, replay, and re-watch stories that they have already experienced. The proof is in the fact that I just played H3 yesterday. I guess where we differ is that I want to be surprised. H5 certainly makes me wary of the marketing pitfalls that could come with Infinite. So I suppose I'm still wary and would prefer to receive almost no story information. Reading up on the spoils, leaks, and other content has the potential to cause disappointment when those things don't come to fruition.

I also fall into the camp that theorizes that rewrites occurred between the marketing and release of H5. And for that reason, I'd rather just not get any marketing on the story at all until the game is fully ready for release and in the gameplay testing phase. Essentially, show us the gameplay first, then give us the story marketing when its too late to change the story.
Like I said, that's just my preference, if you want to be surprised, be surprised! Also, I said I'll be reading spoils after the games out, from people who've actually played the game, so nothing will disappoint me when it comes to fruition!

I'm sure 343 has a great marketing campaign lined up, it's one of their strong suits, and I can't wait to see it. As I've pointed out in several comments on this thread and others, I have a strong feeling we'll get something this month!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2