Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

New forerunner vehicles in halo infinite

OP l xLiLKittyx l

As we all know, ever since Halo 4 we been introduced with new enemy’s and new weapons such as the Knight and the scattershot. Forerunners are still new to the franchise and what the i lack to see is forerunner vehicles. Halo 5 brought in a forerunner flying vehicle called the “Phaeton” and it’s upgraded version in Warzone “Phaeton Helios” But that’s the only forerunner vehicle introduced. What I want to see in Halo Infinite is new forerunner vehicles. They should make a forerunner land vehicle. A idea: Make a forerunner land vehicle alike a Scropions expect making it shoot out a light beam out of the vehicle as a binary rifle and could probably allow it to dodge enemy fire like the Phaeton.
I was hoping H5 would introduce Promethean vehicles but we only got the one. I'm hoping for a few more in Infinite, they need the variety.
Yes please. I really want to see Promethean vehicles get a little more attention. There was a moment in H5 where 343 could have perfectly introduced a Promethean ground vehicle. While driving through Meridian Station, a door is opened to a bridge where a group of Prometheans are driving a Warthog and shooting at you. Why couldn't that have been a unique Promethean ground vehicle? It was the perfect moment to showcase a new design but instead we got a Warthog...
Would love to get war sphinxes or seekers introduced in the Forerunner Saga.
i would like to see new vehicles in the game i can't what for it to come out.
Since Halo 2 had a Spectre and never appeared again sadly, a Promethian themed Spectre would be cool
Bring back the Forerunner tank from Halo 2 XD
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
As we all know, ever since Halo 4 we been introduced with new enemy’s and new weapons such as the Knight and the scattershot. Forerunners are still new to the franchise and what the i lack to see is forerunner vehicles. Halo 5 brought in a forerunner flying vehicle called the “Phaeton” and it’s upgraded version in Warzone “Phaeton Helios” But that’s the only forerunner vehicle introduced. What I want to see in Halo Infinite is new forerunner vehicles. They should make a forerunner land vehicle. A idea: Make a forerunner land vehicle alike a Scropions expect making it shoot out a light beam out of the vehicle as a binary rifle and could probably allow it to dodge enemy fire like the Phaeton.
Wait.....so you want a binary shot Tank , that has enough mobility to dodge in coming fire. Yeah playing in it sounds cool , but have you thought about playing against it? There is a reason the Wraith and Scorpion are not mobile and are large targets. Imagine trying to fight a Ghost equipped with a wraith main cannon. A Warthog with a Scorpion main cannon (not as good of an example , but you get the point). It would quickly outclass every other vehicle on the map. New vehicles would be nice , but they need to be balanced with the current sandbox ; or give each faction either , 1: an equivalent vehicle , or 2: the paper to counter the new Promethean rock. If the new paper is susceptible to the same old rocks , what's the point.....other than another re-skin.......which the community has been up in arms about since.....forever.

I also believe that the forerunners didn't really fight land wars toward the end of their civilization. They mostly staged conflicts in space away from the shield worlds and technology that they deemed so valuable. Clearly this wasn't the case entirely , for as the flood began taking their worlds , surely they had some ground force to deal with it , but it mostly consisted of Promethean Knights , and crawlers. I don't remember the Cryptum series of novels talking about the Forerunner military strength , except in terms of naval superiority , which they only had after reducing Ancient Humanity back to neanderthals. Even Humans mainly glassed Flood ridden worlds , before the earnest start of the Human / Forerunner conflict.

When a Species reaches a certain level of technology , ground conflicts become almost barbaric , and they take to more sterile forms of combat.
Space battles in a War Sphinx would be awesome!
Since Halo 2 had a Spectre and never appeared again sadly, a Promethian themed Spectre would be cool
Well since forerunner tech tend to be flying perhaps something like a flying warthog/specter/prowler would be interesting.

Also a skiff would be interesting like something between a ghost and a banshee. However instead of a boost it should have a teleport feature.
They should make a forerunner land vehicle. A idea: Make a forerunner land vehicle alike a Scropions expect making it shoot out a light beam out of the vehicle as a binary rifle and could probably allow it to dodge enemy fire like the Phaeton.
So basically you mean Arkham Knight's Batmobile tank? I enjoyed driving that thing around in the streets. It helped a lot that Rocksteady took the Batman doesn't kill philosophy to it's logical extreme. A mobile tank is what I'd wanted to see in a Wraith, which was fulfilled by the Revenant. Now if only there was one for the UNSC or Forerunner.

Sunsdune wrote:
Wait.....so you want a binary shot Tank , that has enough mobility to dodge in coming fire. Yeah playing in it sounds cool , but have you thought about playing against it?
Yeah, and a binary shot seems overkill for a tank. They could bring back HCE's cooldown timer (for Scorpion/Banshee) to make the main cannon less spammable. Or make it akin to the Gauss Hog (anti-infantry).

The reason why AK's tank was balanced was due to the large number of tanks you had to face and having to aim (without autoaim/magnetism) at their weak point (unless you had the chasis upgrade) to destroy them in 1 hit. But that game was also over-saturated with repetitive and often frustrating tank fights. Halo Infinite does not need a ton of tank battles. Just one or two large scale battles akin to Ark's tank/Scarab section.

Sunsdune wrote:
There is a reason the Wraith and Scorpion are not mobile and are large targets.
Yes, it's necessary for balancing, but the Scorpion feels considerably outdated compared to modern real life tanks. Thankfully, 343i have added variants with increased movement speed, without affecting the default one. As for the Wraith, I hated how cumbersome it was in the Halo trilogy and ODST/Reach/4. Glad to see it finally getting the streamlined treatment!

Sunsdune wrote:
Imagine trying to fight a Ghost equipped with a wraith main cannon. A Warthog with a Scorpion main cannon (not as good of an example , but you get the point). It would quickly outclass every other vehicle on the map.
I would have used the Hornet/Falcon as an example, it can at least handle the recoil. The Ghost/Hog get sent flying lol.

Sunsdune wrote:
New vehicles would be nice , but they need to be balanced with the current sandbox ; or give each faction either , 1: an equivalent vehicle , or 2: the paper to counter the new Promethean rock. If the new paper is susceptible to the same old rocks , what's the point.....other than another re-skin.......which the community has been up in arms about since.....forever.
Or just make it a campaign/warzone exclusive. But it'd probably be a good idea to implement it for MP too.

Sunsdune wrote:
When a Species reaches a certain level of technology , ground conflicts become almost barbaric , and they take to more sterile forms of combat.
I don't believe that should be the case. In ground conflicts, you can at least see a human face staring back at you. Against drones or bombers, nothing's really personal and the people operating these vehicles simply see you as a target to gun down.