Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Is this something you'd like to see in Halo Infinite?

If so, what features would New Game + introduce?
This is just my two cents, but I don’t really see a need for new game+ in Infinite. A mode like that is usually so you have access to all your abilities and inventory from the start but those don’t apply to Halo’s style of playing.
This is just my two cents, but I don’t really see a need for new game+ in Infinite. A mode like that is usually so you have access to all your abilities and inventory from the start but those don’t apply to Halo’s style of playing.
I agree.
i want to see a spin off to fireteam osiris and maybe flood firefight
I think LASO runs essentially make up Halo's 'new game+' experience. I know it's different than what you mean by a traditional 'new game+', but Halo is also different than most other games.

With more emphasis on open world gameplay than previous titles, I could see a mode available after beating the game where you're just dropped onto the ring to do whatever you want though. If upgrade progress carried over, then there's your 'new game +'.
Doriyamo wrote:
i want to see a spin off to fireteam osiris and maybe flood firefight
Ohh, actually New Game + on Fireteam Raven would be clutch...
There is that "Upgrades" tab. It might work if the upgrades are extensive enough, but I doubt they will be.
There is that "Upgrades" tab. It might work if the upgrades are extensive enough, but I doubt they will be.
I was really thinking prior to any of the recent Infinite announcements that 343i would incorporate a lot more RPG elements, ie upgrades, new abilities, a skill tree, suit enhancements, workbench type mechanic for weapon customization - All that type of thing. Stuff that wouldn't really effect the core Halo experience but would send the campaign into new/updated territory with massive replay value. I wonder how much of the RPG element will actually live in the campaign. If there are unlockable gameplay elements I think a New Game + would fit just fine into the campaign. Maybe there will just be incentivization to redo quests/side-missions for rare rewards or double EXP.
If New Game+ was implemented it would mean a change in direction for how Halo campaign operates and feels. I wouldn't oppose it outright, as I am always for innovation and trust that anything can be done right with the right team, but I also wouldn't push for it either as it doesn't really feel like it belongs in Halo.

Like others of said, that is what LASO is for at least imo.
Is this something you'd like to see in Halo Infinite?

If so, what features would New Game + introduce?
It's hard to say if I would like new game + in Halo Infinite. New game plus usually applies to RPG's, action RPG etc that usually require multiple play throughs for various reasons. I don't see Halo Infinite needing a new game plus, but if it's needed and makes sense I'm ok with it.
It was confirmed that the 10 year platform that Halo Infinite provides would feature additional post-ops campaigns with Master Chief as the central figure of attention. Expect a campaign every 3 - 4 years, however take with a grain of salt (simply speculation).
Syxnrgy wrote:
It was confirmed that the 10 year platform that Halo Infinite provides would feature additional post-ops campaigns with Master Chief as the central figure of attention. Expect a campaign every 3 - 4 years, however take with a grain of salt (simply speculation).
Yeah we will see how this works. I feel like this model is based on the Destiny thing, but we've already seen that essentially fail with Destiny 2. Or they could go the Overwatch 2 route which is really just a refresh of the original game. Anyways not sure how they expect to support a single game for a decade given the rate of technological advancement. They also sort of tried the whole campaign expansion thing with Spartan Ops which was abandoned far before it was supposed to, simply because it wasn't fun. We'll see. I suppose H5 has maintained an exceptional lifespan (~6 years).
If New Game+ was implemented it would mean a change in direction for how Halo campaign operates and feels. I wouldn't oppose it outright, as I am always for innovation and trust that anything can be done right with the right team, but I also wouldn't push for it either as it doesn't really feel like it belongs in Halo.

I know this is heresy, but Halo could pretty seamlessly take on elements of the looter shooter. I wouldn't turn it into a pure grindfest but voluntary grinding for ascetics (and not for campaign progression) is not a problem in my mind, and actually increases replay value. Sometimes it's fun just to putz around in the sandbox, and hey if the game rewards you for it all the better!
I think LASO runs essentially make up Halo's 'new game+' experience. I know it's different than what you mean by a traditional 'new game+', but Halo is also different than most other games.

With more emphasis on open world gameplay than previous titles, I could see a mode available after beating the game where you're just dropped onto the ring to do whatever you want though. If upgrade progress carried over, then there's your 'new game +'.
Is this officially called LASO at this point or is it still considered a fifth unofficial difficulty (Mythic)? And yes completely agreed with your New Game + definition.

Is this officially called LASO at this point or is it still considered a fifth unofficial difficulty (Mythic)? And yes completely agreed with your New Game + definition.
It's LASO. Mythic was a community unofficial name for it (after the Mythic skull), but it is fundamentally still Legendary but with all skulls on. A separate difficulty would require additional work to differentiate from Legendary with the skulls as a totally separate thing.

I know this is heresy, but Halo could pretty seamlessly take on elements of the looter shooter. I wouldn't turn it into a pure grindfest but voluntary grinding for ascetics (and not for campaign progression) is not a problem in my mind, and actually increases replay value. Sometimes it's fun just to putz around in the sandbox, and hey if the game rewards you for it all the better!
It could, but there's no indication it will, nor personally do I think it should. Infinite is an FPS Halo game with open world elements - it's not a Looter Shooter or an open World game.
Playing above heroic in these games already makes me hate my life.
Playing above heroic in these games already makes me hate my life.
They say Heroic is the way the game is meant to be played
I dont think there will be a need for that.
I dont think there will be a need for that.
Why is that?
I want to cha ge the voice of my spartan like in reach and change my undersuit
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2