Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
no it would need to changes genres for that to become properly viable for the game.
I wouldnt mind new game plus bein the campaign from another characters perspective. Maybe if one of the antagonists.
NoBagNebby wrote:
I wouldnt mind new game plus bein the campaign from another characters perspective. Maybe if one of the antagonists.
That is actually an incredibly interesting idea, wow. I've never thought of anything like that.
I really hope the world is interesting enough--if not expansive! that we feel we need to go back for more, after our first run through the game.
This is just my two cents, but I don’t really see a need for new game+ in Infinite. A mode like that is usually so you have access to all your abilities and inventory from the start but those don’t apply to Halo’s style of playing.
There is that "Upgrades" tab. It might work if the upgrades are extensive enough, but I doubt they will be.
I was really thinking prior to any of the recent Infinite announcements that 343i would incorporate a lot more RPG elements, ie upgrades, new abilities, a skill tree, suit enhancements, workbench type mechanic for weapon customization - All that type of thing. Stuff that wouldn't really effect the core Halo experience but would send the campaign into new/updated territory with massive replay value. I wonder how much of the RPG element will actually live in the campaign. If there are unlockable gameplay elements I think a New Game + would fit just fine into the campaign. Maybe there will just be incentivization to redo quests/side-missions for rare rewards or double EXP.
I would play the heck out of campaign if this were the case. The only reason I play halo is for the MP now because there's no rpg stuff in it. For story games I guess I just love the feeling of progressing through the story and gaining more power and abilities for my character, also play style changes etc.
Playing above heroic in these games already makes me hate my life.
They say Heroic is the way the game is meant to be played
Lol not anymore they don’t.
The only NG+ kind of thing is unlocking cheats like you did in Call of Duty 4: MW. I like playing with cheats and stuff, but I think that would be the skull's job. I don't wanna pay mods or download mods for downloading cheat codes. I rather have the developer hide around cheat codes within a level or skulls.
Pheinted wrote:
This is just my two cents, but I don’t really see a need for new game+ in Infinite. A mode like that is usually so you have access to all your abilities and inventory from the start but those don’t apply to Halo’s style of playing.
There is that "Upgrades" tab. It might work if the upgrades are extensive enough, but I doubt they will be.
I was really thinking prior to any of the recent Infinite announcements that 343i would incorporate a lot more RPG elements, ie upgrades, new abilities, a skill tree, suit enhancements, workbench type mechanic for weapon customization - All that type of thing. Stuff that wouldn't really effect the core Halo experience but would send the campaign into new/updated territory with massive replay value. I wonder how much of the RPG element will actually live in the campaign. If there are unlockable gameplay elements I think a New Game + would fit just fine into the campaign. Maybe there will just be incentivization to redo quests/side-missions for rare rewards or double EXP.
I would play the heck out of campaign if this were the case. The only reason I play halo is for the MP now because there's no rpg stuff in it. For story games I guess I just love the feeling of progressing through the story and gaining more power and abilities for my character, also play style changes etc.
Yeah, and the funny thing is (contrary to the typical community attitudes) there's nothing mutually exclusive about FPS & RPG. They are perfectly compatible. And the level of RPG-ness can be scaled to a palatable level. But not to incorporate any of that life into the campaign at this point would sort of make it feel flat and lifeless. You want the campaign map to feel alive in some sense, as if things are changing whether or not you alter them. And your actions are really having consequences on the world around you. A linear campaign at this point would be fine, but it's not going to break any new ground by any means, and it certainly won't lend itself towards a game with a projected decade long lifespan.
The only NG+ kind of thing is unlocking cheats like you did in Call of Duty 4: MW. I like playing with cheats and stuff, but I think that would be the skull's job. I don't wanna pay mods or download mods for downloading cheat codes. I rather have the developer hide around cheat codes within a level or skulls.
Yeah I mean Skulls are Halo's formalized cheat codes. So in that sense we already have them. But like an awesome Easter egg would be a cheat unlockable through some combination of button mashing, just like old school games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2