Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

New Lore Involved Warzone Game Mode And More

OP MagnusFarseeR

Halo Infinite needs to innovate, there should be a massive warzone game mode, at least 100 vs 100 on a huge map. This should involve lore and no PVPVE elements. The concept of being in a simulation for every match is boring. I remember in Unreal 3 they had the idea of a spawner being installed in a certain area so if you die you will respawn again but it only covers a small region, perhaps this concepts can be introduced in halo. It could be covenant remnant elites vs spartans or even brutes vs elites and vice versa, it would be amazing. You can join any team and you will have separate stats for each faction you join. There could also be an option to choose your primary faction which will allow you to get more rewards if you win a game playing that faction. Req packs should return but I think getting them should be more frequent, not only with Req points but with winning games to. Warzone should also be similar to a MMO, only in terms of weapons, not armor since each race you can play will have their own unique abilities/armor. There should be more primary weapons in the game that you can get certifications for to use for warzone.

Halo 5 should have at least
10 new vehicles
10 new primary weapons
10 new single use req weapons

All weapons from Halo 5 included. Perhaps they can include some vehicles from halo wars.

https://www.halopedia.org/War_Games

This is even included in the lore.
100 players might be too much. Sure Halo needs to innovate but Halo 5 was poorly balanced as it was, what 343i need to do is make sure that it can cope with increased player base. Also Warzone was an unbalanced mess so if they brought it back for Infinite then it's going to need a complete overhaul.
OP, you and I are thinking along very different lines for what Infinite needs to innovate with. What you're suggesting is staggering in scope and would be technically quite impressive. However, I think the chances that such ambitious and extreme design overhaul would fall into place cleanly or in a way that feels balanced or particularly polished are practically nill. Maybe I'm just too jaded/cynical, but I can't see such a massive redesign working out.

I can very much agree with your assertion that the Halo 4-5 justification for multi-player modes being simulation training sessions for Spartans is pretty poor- I think the status quo of Halo prior to 343, which offered no "explanation" for multi-player, was vastly preferable. I think it would be smart of Infinite to return to that.

As far as the sandbox and mechanical designs and aspirations I think they need to be aiming for with Infinite? I would say that they really need to rally around the idea that less is more. A smaller, more contained and succinct sandbox isn't as impressive technically, but it's more fun to learn, master, and occupy. Instead of having a mode that's insanely cool in concept but choppy to downright disappointing in execution, I'd rather have more grounded experiences that transpire smoothly and in a well balanced manner.

I'd say bringing back BTB and some form of Warzone (minus the REQ system, please!) isn't a bad idea, but going as far as you're suggesting with the idea seems like an invitation to failure due to the staggering number of new and unproven variables which wouldn't only have to work on their own, but also collectively. It's big thinking and I commend you for that, but I don't think it's the best thing for the game.
Ehhhh. So basically steal Battlefield's kind of game mode?
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."