Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

New Species

OP Blast9867

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
wildlife i have no idea, but im pretty content with the covenant species as of rn.
Other new species anyone wants to see in Halo Infinite?
I put in an idea of a new faction, sister species to the flood, The Primordials.
They are essentially to the Flood what the Prometheans are to the Sentinels. They have their own living flood-like weapons and they do infect other races but not through infection forms.

Anyway the concept came up in a thread HERE
You know what? We could see the Covenant Fringe. Sharquoi, the Yonhet, maybe even The Meddlers, the space-faring creatures that have haunted the Halo lore zealots for years now. We don't know how they look like, what they're capable of or their origin. They were the first foreign species to crash-land on Alpha Halo after it fired. However, at the time, it couldn't be Humans since they were... what? Cavemen?
No Covenant specie either as their first contact with the Halo rings was in 2552.
Of course, not Forerunner as well since Sparks didn't recognize the ship's design.

They were also able to HACK into Forerunner teleporters which were set to only allow teleportation WITHIN the facility (Cold Storage from Halo 3 if you're curious) in Delta Halo, at roughly the same time as the Alpha Halo crash.

Perfect opportunity.
I would also like to see Guta (animals encountered once in Halo Reach) return in Halo Infinite. Wildlife you would need to defend yourself against would lead to fun encounters.
Since Yonhet were given a shout out by Cortana at the end of H5, and since they got a little attention in Nightfall, I'd love to see them enter the main series. Since their society seems to be analogous to the Kig-Yar and their opportunism, perhaps some will align with Cortana while others will side with the UNSC/SOS, while others still will try to play both sides.
Spoiler:
Show
There described as scientists I believe.So they wouldnt really be fighting us
Here’s my ideas of how the two new Un-named species are going to look like:

The unnamed enemy Covenant species - Horned devil-like creatures who are as intelligent as the Elites and are known for immediately killing their enemies and then ransack as much of their stuff as possible as they can. Their primary name is going to be a name coming from another language just like how it happens to be with other covenant species (I.e. The Brutes primary name happens to be of Korean origin) and their known referring name will be the Raiders due to their excessive act of raiding they do after brutally killing their enemies. They would stand at the the same average height as the Brutes.

The unnamed non-Covenant beast species - Species who have one eye on their face, has a dinosaur-like tail, and they are intelligent cyclopian species. They would be a species who are known for allying with the enemy covenant side and provide aid to both the enemy covenant side and the forerunners. Just like with the covenant species, their primary name will be of foreign language origin and their known referring name can perhaps be aggressive Overlords or simply Overlords due to how powerful of species they are (hence the name, overlords). Their average height will be at 9 ft 1 in to 11 ft 4 with the greater kinds standing at 11 ft 2 in to 16 ft 1 in. They are immune to the Flood infection. Their weapons are the ones that the Covenant and Forerunners provided to them and as well as human weapons that they stole.
Something of the same sorts of grunts, short, stubby, two legs, and thick arms. Also, I'd like to see some carnivores in Halo. Maybe some dog like beasts that the Banished use to get past the super weak shields of Mark 4's.
Since Yonhet were given a shout out by Cortana at the end of H5, and since they got a little attention in Nightfall, I'd love to see them enter the main series. Since their society seems to be analogous to the Kig-Yar and their opportunism, perhaps some will align with Cortana while others will side with the UNSC/SOS, while others still will try to play both sides.
Spoiler:
Show
Quite frankly I hate the Yonhet as a concept. Let's face it, the only reason they exist is because the Nightfall crew needed some easy to make aliens. Problem is, because of that they look more like a species from Star Trek rather than Halo. Way too humanoid, cheap and they even got normal hands.

Same could be said about the Promethean, but there is a least a logical explanation for the similarities and at least they are bigger than us and got six fingers to differentiate them a little. It's still a bit too little for my personal taste, but still miles better than those Star Trek rip-offs. ...even though it annoys me that female Prometheans are rocking breasts though. It's something way to unique to human kind imho and kinda takes me out of the "they're real aliens" vibe Halo had under Bungie.
New referring name for the non-Covenant beast species: Overlords
The reason for that is to avoid confusion with the exoskeleton cyclops used by the UNSC. So instead of the nickname, Cyclops, it will be Overlords.
I think new alien wild life would be cool but if infinite is taking place on zeta halo, chances are that there will be only wild life humanity is familiar with.
Spoiler:
Show
Yonhets would be interesting!
I'll take what I can get for content, however I just want to see a blind wolf put into a game. That would make me happy
Oh, you meant wildlife? In that case, a cameo of those weird bird-things from the background of Guardian would be interesting.
I actually really like that idea! Also bring back the Halo Reach ostriches ahah
The Raiders would be associated with the Covenant since they were a group of spies of the Covenant. The Overlords aren’t going to be associated with the Covenant because they weren’t affiliated with the Covenant but they do happened to be allies with many of the species that were affiliated with the Covenant, most largely their allies being the Raiders and Brutes but they also have the Grunts, Jackals, Drones, and Hunters as their allies as well.
A Flood whale.
Tacymist wrote:
A Flood whale.
Nah. Probably not because that might be too much as we already got the Flood Juggernaut and Abomination Forms.
hopefully they go the reach route and add wildlife that you can interact with
Anyways, as for blood color of the two new enemy species, the blood color for the Raiders will be dark blue while the Overlords have yellow blood.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2