1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
Very small detail, I know. But just for the sake of analysis: at 0:09 in the trailer, the UNSC logo in the bottom right looks to be a simplified version of the old one, which was used during the Human-Covenant War era. Just like the logo used by Echo 216 in the Discover Hope trailer! Could this mean that the cracked screen which displays the message is from Pelican Echo 216?
I leave home for a few hours and look what happens... The Banished! “we are his legacy; we are the banished” could this brute be referring to Atriox who’s stuck on the Ark still? And these are the forces he left behind in the galaxy maybe.
Sub ZeroX7 wrote:
Listen to the video starting at the 0:58 mark. "We are HIS will, We are HIS legacy, We are THE BANISHED!"

Who is "HIS"???

Maybe this isn't Atriox speaking?
This is a good point. I would expect that it isn't Atriox speaking.

Would this mean Atriox gets bumped off-screen? I hope not, but you never know.
OH no, not killing off potential characters again. I guess 343 has learned this is a terrible idea. I'm assuming is Atriox's voice speaking, who else would be? Now, "his" may refer to some character from the past. We will have to find out.
But Atriox is the founder of the Banished, no? Who else's Will or Legacy could it be, especially since they've clearly rejected the prophets?

Calling it now. Atriox gets bumped in Shadows of Reach.
What if Atriox calls himself in third person? That's dumb, but I can't see who else "his" can be. He cannot die so soon. That would be more disappointing than killing off Jul and The Didact.
Call me crazy, but I think he is talking about Tartarus as "him". Also, Atriox 100% has a different voice.
Then again Atriox took a small part of the banished to the Ark, a force remaining in the milky way. This could be a commander assuming control of the banished, under the assumption of Atriox's death from the lack of communication.
Very interesting theory. Plausible too.
Hoping that the arrival of the Banished takes presence over the Prometheans as enemies. It would be dope if they just decimate the prometheans in the beginning of Infinite's campaign. Kind of like a thanos-type entrance from Infinity War. I know some people like the prometheans as enemies but man we need a solid change up in enemies this time around.
I leave home for a few hours and look what happens... The Banished! “we are his legacy; we are the banished” could this brute be referring to Atriox who’s stuck on the Ark still? And these are the forces he left behind in the galaxy maybe.
That is a plausible idea, however. It just makes the message less powerful coming from some random brute who is assuming they lost their leader.
Sub ZeroX7 wrote:
Listen to the video starting at the 0:58 mark. "We are HIS will, We are HIS legacy, We are THE BANISHED!"

Who is "HIS"???

Maybe this isn't Atriox speaking?
Yeah it’s shipmatser, idk why they wouldn’t have Atriox do it
Reptar117 wrote:
Seems like we might be possibly fighting three factions. Cortana's Prometheans, Covenant, and Banished. I'm pretty excited now just to see the banished!
Same here! Really curious :O
I bet there is something hidden in the sound waves and stuff. ARG games are a part of Halo.
I'm pretty convinced now that the Brute in the trailer is Brute 3 from Halo 2. No greater "will" and "legacy" than one's own belly.
Why isn't it the gravemind?
Reptar117 wrote:
Seems like we might be possibly fighting three factions. Cortana's Prometheans, Covenant, and Banished. I'm pretty excited now just to see the banished!
Same here. I wonder what other factions we'll see in Infinite.
I'm interested to see what context the Banished presence will be in Infinite. The "humanity must be exterminated" line makes me nervous because that hasn't been the Banished's ideology and honestly makes them feel more like just another Covenant remnant group (just painted red and more spiky). I hope 343 doesn't downgrade the Banished's motives and ideology to make them more palatable.
I'm interested to see what context the Banished presence will be in Infinite. The "humanity must be exterminated" line makes me nervous because that hasn't been the Banished's ideology and honestly makes them feel more like just another Covenant remnant group (just painted red and more spiky). I hope 343 doesn't downgrade the Banished's motives and ideology to make them more palatable.
Perhaps they cut a deal with Cortana, guess we'll find out soon.
Now is your time to join the Banished. Request now on my profile!
buzzsaw135 wrote:
Perhaps they cut a deal with Cortana, guess we'll find out soon.
Even then, they don't need to pull a genocide to do that. That's not Cortana's aim, so anyone employed by her shouldn't be pushing for that either.
Why isn't it the gravemind?
At the end the voice announces "We are the banished". I doubt the flood would buddy-up with brutes like that.
Yeees finally!!!Guys i want to ask you whose phrase is "Brothers to the end"?Brutes or Elites?
I'm so excited!

But guys I think I found something. Look closely at the three "glass cracks" to the left of the screen at the 0:50-1:00 mark. They move and twitch.

EDIT: Removed speculation based on not up to date facts.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yes! Finally! I love this! After listening to all the people whining about the Banished weren't likely to be in Infinite - now we know. The Baddest Brutes of the Haloverse are coming a'knocking in Infinite. The voice sounds a lot like Atriox's Chosen from the HW2 Multiplayer, looking forward to it!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14