3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 14
If only I knew who the banished were
Did anyone know who the Covenant were before Halo 1?
I was implying that we did not get to experience the banished in Halo Wars 2, meaning they should have released it before infinite because now PC players are going into infinite without knowing who the bad guys are. Difference is Banished are an already established faction, whereas nobody know who the covenant were before halo 1
Well, PC players can still play Halo Wars 2. It's just they can't play it on Steam yet.
I liked it, but here is my critique.
1. If they are hours away from controlling the ring and frying humanity, why phone Earth and tell them?

2. Why the anger towards humanity? Seems the two haven't interacted much.

3. Why mention the "prophets"? They aren't relevant to humanity or the Banished anymore. Seems gratuitous.

4. The voice doesn't sound like Atriox, so referecing "he" must be referencing Atriox; meaning the Banished still 'in galaxy' believe Atriox is dead, or he is dead and we'll find out how later on.

Looking forward to seeing more of the game in July!
1. If they are hours away from controlling the ring and frying humanity, why phone Earth and tell them?

3. Why mention the "prophets"? They aren't relevant to humanity or the Banished anymore. Seems gratuitous.

4. The voice doesn't sound like Atriox, so referecing "he" must be referencing Atriox; meaning the Banished still 'in galaxy' believe Atriox is dead, or he is dead and we'll find out how later on.

What if its the humans that want to light the ring and thats why the are in conflict. They are against the prophets lies so they conflate those lies with humanitys motives to light the ring. Because they are so against the covenant dogma, i would also assume they are against the firing of any halo ring
I also wanna add why does the crack on the screen move at around 40 seconds. They also dont shoe the edge of the screen where the crack originates to show if its truly a crack or if it goes off screen. Also there are alot of strange noises in the trailer that dont sound like digital interference. Some of those noises sound mysterious. Got my tinfoil hat on for this one but 343 like to hid stuff in the teases.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
J'espere qu'on aura un afforntement contre Atriox digne de Tartarus dans Halo 2, c'est c'que j'aimerai pour ma part !
Anyone who played Halo Wars 2 knew this was coming!
I also wanna add why does the crack on the screen move at around 40 seconds. They also dont shoe the edge of the screen where the crack originates to show if its truly a crack or if it goes off screen. Also there are alot of strange noises in the trailer that dont sound like digital interference. Some of those noises sound mysterious. Got my tinfoil hat on for this one but 343 like to hid stuff in the teases.
I don't think its the crack moving so much as the image underneath the crack moving.
Yeah. And if somehow you were not convinced, in a game spot interview in 2016, Kevin Grace said this about Halo Wars 2 impact on the next main Halo game.

Quote:
“It's absolutely going to. I mean, it is a part of what's happening in the universe right now. So, yeah, its absolutely going to have a big impact on what's coming next. It's still early for whatever's going to happen in the future, but I can tell you for sure that if you played Halo 5, there are some important implications in Halo Wars 2 that you'll be able to pick up on. So we've already got connections that are built in right now. Like I said earlier, bringing the story up to modern day let's us have some pretty big crossovers if we want to have big crossovers.
All those have to be right for the story and they have to be something that everyone will understand. Because if we just dropped Professor Anders in the next Halo thing, and we didn't explain who she is or why she's got this attitude, how he came by all these foreign smarts and all this stuff, we're gonna get a response along the lines of "Scientist lady, I guess?" That would suck if we did it that way. We have to be able to work them in in a good way so they make they universe better
This kind of makes me wonder. What if Anders was able to send out a distress call. She’d mention the Banished fighting on the Ark, so either this brute commander didn’t hear the distress call, or Anders was unable to send one give her Halo had been intercepted by Cortana.
Yeah. And if somehow you were not convinced, in a game spot interview in 2016, Kevin Grace said this about Halo Wars 2 impact on the next main Halo game.

Quote:
“It's absolutely going to. I mean, it is a part of what's happening in the universe right now. So, yeah, its absolutely going to have a big impact on what's coming next. It's still early for whatever's going to happen in the future, but I can tell you for sure that if you played Halo 5, there are some important implications in Halo Wars 2 that you'll be able to pick up on. So we've already got connections that are built in right now. Like I said earlier, bringing the story up to modern day let's us have some pretty big crossovers if we want to have big crossovers.
All those have to be right for the story and they have to be something that everyone will understand. Because if we just dropped Professor Anders in the next Halo thing, and we didn't explain who she is or why she's got this attitude, how he came by all these foreign smarts and all this stuff, we're gonna get a response along the lines of "Scientist lady, I guess?" That would suck if we did it that way. We have to be able to work them in in a good way so they make they universe better
This kind of makes me wonder. What if Anders was able to send out a distress call. She’d mention the Banished fighting on the Ark, so either this brute commander didn’t hear the distress call, or Anders was unable to send one give her Halo had been intercepted by Cortana.
Yeah man! Thanks for sharing that quote. It just proves that they are dedicated to crossover storytelling in the long term with solid foundations. Being smart about it. We Halo fans appreciate that. Not sure exactly how they will learn about the Banished, distress call or not. Maybe the Banished just show up. We'll see!
If only I knew who the banished were
Did anyone know who the Covenant were before Halo 1?
I was implying that we did not get to experience the banished in Halo Wars 2, meaning they should have released it before infinite because now PC players are going into infinite without knowing who the bad guys are. Difference is Banished are an already established faction, whereas nobody know who the covenant were before halo 1
Yes but I think the point they are making is that Halo CE started a good 20+ years into the conflict between humanity and the covenant, so as long as infinite sets the banished up up as well as CE set up the covenant then what’s the problem? And TBH, we didn’t actually really find out about the Covenant and how they work until Halo 2.

Who says they're calling earth?

1: I feel it's more like humans intercepting this message. Otherwise: threats perhaps? Truth did the same in H3.

2: The Banished were part of the Covies. Before they were a separate group they were used by the prophets as cannon fodder/siege breakers against the UNSC. Kind of how 'we' used S3's on suicide missions. Which led Atriox to start the Banished. So there is a lot of background between humans and the Banished. Plenty of hate too.

3: Most likely to have more casual players be aware of these former Covenant enemies be something other than the Covenant.

4: Seeing how Atriox is kind of stuck on the Ark, probably they think he's dead. Don't be surprised if he does show up though, as the Halo that the UNSC used to get off of the Ark was a replacement for Installation 8 (replacement of 04, the CE Halo). Seeing that Zeta Halo is destroyed in the 2019 trailer it might be replaced by another ring...which come from the Ark, meaning Spirit of Fire and the Banished can hop a ride into the Infinite story.
Banished in Infinite!!!

1. Maybe they intercepted the transmission from who ever is leading The Banished in the Milk Way so that's why it shows up on UNSC tech.

2. It'll probably be revealed in Halo Infinite why the massive amount of hatred towards humanity all of a sudden, also the Banished has been fighting the UNSC since Atriox's armor after forming the Banished has an ODST chest plate strapped on it, he is also aware of the Spartans since he says "As I expected..." when engaging Red Team so they had some form of conflict.

3. The mention of the prophets is potentially for the teaser to just to give a basic and quick backstory to casual fans. It could also be a saying they just have in universe or something.

4. I think the Banished in the Milky Way believe he is dead since he's on the Ark (at least the last time we saw him he was on the Ark) so it's possible he said to his forces "Hey yo we are engaging a human ship here at the Ark, be back to normal in a second" and since his ship got ripped apart, he's stuck now and possibly has no way to communicate to his remaining forces in the Milky Way.

Hoping the event in July has like 10 - 20 minute focus on Halo where they give a big story dump and MP stuff
imagine if that's how they do the terminals for infinite
All I'm happy with is that there's an alien horde declaring war on humanity. Let's go
The hype is real
I really can't wait to see all of the characters from Halo Wars 2 appearing in the upcoming Halo Infinite. I would love to see both Ellen Anders and James Cutter meet Master Chief in the new Halo video game.

I love all the "lore" reasons but the actual answer to your questions is that this message is geared towards the audience who will potentially purchase the game.

Setting expectations of who these characters are for people who didn't play Halo Wars 2, understanding this isn't the Covenant we know (hence "no more prophets"), so really it is more of a teaser for us.
I really can't wait to see all of the characters from Halo Wars 2 appearing in the upcoming Halo Infinite. I would love to see both Ellen Anders and James Cutter meet Master Chief in the new Halo video game.
While I really do not want to give anyone more reason to complain about not being able to follow the plot like we've heard for Halo 4 and 5, it would be awesome if somehow Jerome is the 2nd player for co-op.

But again, I don't want to hear people whine that they don't know who he is because they never played Halo Wars. So I am totally onboard with them introducing all new characters so everyone is on the same page in Infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 14