Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Next-Gen vehicle abilities

OP DREAMONE X

In Halo 2 we were introduce to special vehicle abilities like the turbo boost on the ghost and banshee.
In Halo 5 we were introduce to spartan abilities but what if that same idea of spartan abilities is moved for all vehicles in Halo infinite.
What if we can use the hook on the Warthog to set a trap or pull objects kind of like Jurassic park 2!
What if we can plant the hook on a tree then drive the warthog as far back as we can till the length of the rope is hard like steel and when someone is speeding on a ghost "BAM" gets knocked off by the rope lol.

I understand that not everyone was happy with some of the spartan abilities but I know for a fact that everyone was happy with the different vehicle variants in Halo 5.Especially switching from the driver side to the gunner on the warthog. I hope 343 would bring back the idea of spartan abilities but in form of vehicles.
DREAMONE X wrote:
In Halo 2 we were introduce to special vehicle abilities like the turbo boost on the ghost and banshee.
In Halo 5 we were introduce to spartan abilities but what if that same idea of spartan abilities is moved for all vehicles in Halo infinite.
What if we can use the hook on the Warthog to set a trap or pull objects kind of like Jurassic park 2!
What if we can plant the hook on a tree then drive the warthog as far back as we can till the length of the rope is hard like steel and when someone is speeding on a ghost "BAM" gets knocked off by the rope lol.

I understand that not everyone was happy with some of the spartan abilities but I know for a fact that everyone was happy with the different vehicle variants in Halo 5.Especially switching from the driver side to the gunner on the warthog. I hope 343 would bring back the idea of spartan abilities but in form of vehicles.
eehhhhhhh I think that overcomplicates vehicle gameplay. Also, I suggest not speaking for people. Not everyone was happy about all the vehicle variants as many of the variants were just redundant.

The ability to switch positions was just a good quality of life decision but it's not an actual ability. I feel vehicles should have a basic function that determines purely by looking at it. Having less visible abilities (such as a hook for the hog) just seems unnecessary to me. I get the idea, but I just think it overcomplicates things. A tank is a tank, tank makes things go boom. A warthog is a warthog, it foes fast and go BRRRRRR. They are mixing things up with how everything interacts with the vehicles (damage and their effect) and I think that's enough.
maybe we could use the hook in the front of the warthog, like going in front of it then interacting with it then hooking it onto something, then it gets pulled
probably only in campaign or there is specialized hooks that the warthog holds to
Cool ideas, but the one thing I personally want on the warthog specifically is a method to tell my gunner when and where to start shooting. I don’t like it when they a) aim at the wrong enemy or b) dont shoot until they’re literally five feet away.
The franchise is going to be 20 years old... for some reason I can't stop thinking about the hook lol. I've Spent almost six hours today playing the Master Chief collection and Halo 5 online trying to see where the franchise is going to go in terms of gameplay. Halo 3 online multiplayer was huge because the use of equipment and it's simplicity. A perfect balance in my opinion. That same idea can be implemented in the campaign with the vehicles. It can be extremely seamless. I still see some primitive button mechanics in modern games like pressing a button to enter a vehicle. What if you're driving a warthog and then you can jump out of the vehicle seamlessly rather than waiting for "exiting the vehicle mechanic ". What if jumping in and out of these vehicles can be as seamless as walking. What if we can use to hook in front of the Warthog.... a simple mechanic that can be extremely seamless. What if we're playing Co-op and we're 6 feet apart... And what if we look at each other and are able to swap weapons by throwing it at each other on the Fly. It fits Halo in the way... I know I'm rambling on about other things lol but I just thought about something really cool LOL. I don't necessarily believe that it'll over complicate things. If they make it simple and seamless then it would be amazing. Again what if one player is driving the warthog and stops at a cliff while the other player uses the hook on the Warthog to rappel down the cliff.