Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Next inside infinite this Thursday?

OP Nadekill1379

This Thursday is the last Thursday of the month which means we can expect another inside infinite update. This one is supposedly about the audio team. What do you guys expect from it?
At the least, a link to a new musical piece from the score. At the most, some still gameplay with ambient music to show how it affects the mood of the in game world.
Probably a video from the team capturing sounds outside for guns, wildlife etc

Aside from that, the actual sounds from some weapons, vehicles, explosions in game (i remember Bungie doing that for Reach in one of their weekly updates)
Hopefully some ingame animal sounds too...oh and craig cursing in Brutish language.

I doubt we will have any new soundtrack pieces.
I realistically expect them to have a few sound clips, discussion of them, and their general audio design philosophy. If 343 can't come up with enough unique monthly updates, I would love another audio update shortly before, or even after, release. I think a lot of people underestimate just how important audio is in games and movies.
Hopefully a music piece, something like Reverie, where it's a ambient piece that hammers in exploration.
I expect some of the music, some gun sounds, and some enemy dialogue.
Also wouldn't be surprised if we get another hidden audio like last month...
Really hoping all the weapons sound deep and impactful not like Halo 4 and 5s bb guns
Really hoping all the weapons sound deep and impactful not like Halo 4 and 5s bb guns
343s weapons I think inarguably sound more impactful than Bungie’s. Whether or not you like the sound design is a different topic, but in terms of pure impact, just look at the H4 AR versus the H3 AR. If you’re talking about impact in terms of uniqueness, then I could understand your take.
I really hope its not going to be a post that re-posts the same videos they've already released regarding the audio captured. Hopefully it'll be new 'news'.
343s weapons I think inarguably sound more impactful than Bungie’s. Whether or not you like the sound design is a different topic, but in terms of pure impact, just look at the H4 AR versus the H3 AR. If you’re talking about impact in terms of uniqueness, then I could understand your take.
I personally feel like CE has the most impactful sounding weapons. The AR sounds like its shooting high impact rounds. Like youd feel the firing of each bullet in your chest. That's what I want. Real life sound effects are cool and all but uniqueness and quality of weapon sounds should be over real firearm sounds imo