Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

no aim assist on xbox 1 x. video proof

OP xl Zeeb lx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
short video demonstrating the lack of aim assist on xbox one x with controller.
https://youtu.be/k3X__rG-X1M
The bad news is this isn't just on one X. It seems to be a conscious choice for the whole Xbox platform.
Ken2379 wrote:
The bad news is this isn't just on one X. It seems to be a conscious choice for the whole Xbox platform.
sad if true, that would indicate that it is quite deliberate.
xl Zeeb lx wrote:
Yes. But also on Xbox Series S & X. This video is even more clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHc_D89csGwStill funny to see M&K users on these forums asking for controller users to get minus values on their aim assist. XD
Great. Now do the test again while you constantly LOOK around and we will have a better baseline to compare things to. Thank you for this video though.

I'm pretty sure the AFK video had a controller that was drifting or a deadzone set too small.

Edit: For both videos posted in this thread I can see how the aim assist kicks in for the BRIEF moments when you both are LOOKING around at an enemy instead of not looking around at all.

I'm a PC player on KB&M and I don't think controller players having aim assist is a problem.
Ken2379 wrote:
I'm on PC and I use a gamepad because of my messed up wrists, and I'm struggling like hell against MKB users. It doesn't feel like AA is present, even with the updated settings everybody is recommending for sensitivity.
Great. Now do the test again while you constantly LOOK around and we will have a better baseline to compare things to. Thank you for this video though.

I'm pretty sure the AFK video had a controller that was drifting or a deadzone set too small.
The AFK video was apparently an M&K user going to the bathroom. 343i explained that there is aim assist on M&K, but as soon as you touch your mouse the aim assist is gone. Or something like that. :S
JensBoef wrote:
xl Zeeb lx wrote:
Yes. But also on Xbox Series S & X. This video is even more clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHc_D89csGwStill funny to see M&K users on these forums asking for controller users to get minus values on their aim assist. XD
I'm on a Series X on a fairly large 65" screen and having a horrible time aiming the Sidekick. Didn't have that issue last flight from what I recall. Thank you for posting this, that's definitely problematic for console users.
Thank you for posting that video...Hopefully this will stop some of the PC FUD spreading that controller aim assist will stop
HeaIey wrote:
Thank you for posting that video...Hopefully this will stop some of the PC FUD spreading that controller aim assist will stop
The video is STILL bad because it doesn't show what aim assist actually does. It's still in the game, it just only shows up if you are actively looking around.
It sucks that this is happening, but is it for everyone or a glitch? Because I don't have this problem at all. I dont particularly think I have amazing aim, but my aim has been fine the whole time. I'm on a series S (just barely bought it, amd an elite controller), I actually put my dead zone up for my right stick to smooth my aim. I get high 40s and 50s accuracy most of the matches. I feel like if there was no aim assist it would be extremely lower than that. My buddy was complaining the entire time how bad it felt for him though and it showed in his accuracy stats. Idk if its a settings issue or whats going on. He tried a few different things. He's not someone with particularly high accuracy, but I dont believe it's in his head either. In h5 be says his aim isn't that good. In infinites preview, he says he can't aim at all. He says it feels like there's no aim assist. Out of maybe 8 players I play with hes Been the only one to say that though. Idk

Hopefully whatever causes this problem is fixed. It's an unplayable game without some aim assist for controller. I feel that the aim assist is reduced for sure, but I definitely feel it kick in still. I definitely changed my settings for this game tho, and don't use the same settings in halo 5.

Edit: For both videos posted in this thread I can see how the aim assist kicks in for the BRIEF moments when you both are LOOKING around at an enemy instead of not looking around at all.

I'm a PC player on KB&M and I don't think the aim assist in Infinite is a problem.
is this a troll post? why would a kbm player think aim assist is a problem when there is no aim assist, of course its not a problem for you. im sure you are loving effortlessly destroying console players in the flight.
HeaIey wrote:
The video is STILL bad because it doesn't show what aim assist actually does. It's still in the game, it just only shows up if you are actively looking around.
Might want to change your mind on this one
https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/1441453715009912836?s=20

T
his is not happening on either video posted of console players
Of course we have aim assist, it is just less on everything but the BR. Play PUBG and that's what it is like without aim assist.
Of course we have aim assist, it is just less on everything but the BR. Play PUBG and that's what it is like without aim assist.
lol did you watch either video posted in this thread?
HeaIey wrote:
No because I am literally playing the game on a One X. If you can't feel the aim assist then I don't know what to tell you.
HeaIey wrote:
No because I am literally playing the game on a One X. If you can't feel the aim assist then I don't know what to tell you.
Both video's are shorter than a minute. Just check them. Especially the second one.
HeaIey wrote:
Using the same mentality you have:
If you dont watch either videos..."I dont know what to tell you"
JensBoef wrote:
HeaIey wrote:
Both video's are shorter than a minute. Just check them. Especially the second one.
I watched the first and the player stops every time his reticle is red. The reticle doesn't adjust as an enemy strafes over the reticle but is clearly "stickier" if the POV keeps strafing. Perhaps we have different definitions of aim assist.

Edit: watched your clip, and you also provide no input when on a target. It only kicks in when you are actually aiming, not just standing still.
JensBoef wrote:
HeaIey wrote:
I watched the first and the player stops every time his reticle is red. The reticle doesn't adjust as an enemy strafes over the reticle but is clearly "stickier" if the POV keeps strafing. Perhaps we have different definitions of aim assist.

Edit: watched your clip, and you also provide no input when on a target. It only kicks in when you are actually aiming, not just standing still.
You might want to check this out too. Clearly difference between PC and Console

This is a PC player that left his seat for a few min
https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/1441453715009912836?s=20
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3