Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

No Neutral Bomb (Assault) mode in Infinite?

OP eLantern

Hey 343i, that needs to be a launch mode. It’s a core experience of Halo BTB.
Was this confirmed not to be in? Or are you just saying what you want in at launch?

Couldn't imagine them not including bomb at launch. I think we will see that, king, oddball, flag etc etc all the old favourites. Strongholds is definitely back which I actually really enjoy in H5 even if I'm dog at it.
personally, I hate bomb and or neutral bomb. That being said, as of now, we dont have a game mode list, so we will have to wait and see
Ken2379 wrote:
Was this confirmed not to be in? Or are you just saying what you want in at launch?

Couldn't imagine them not including bomb at launch. I think we will see that, king, oddball, flag etc etc all the old favourites. Strongholds is definitely back which I actually really enjoy in H5 even if I'm dog at it.
I can only base it on what’s been announced. And why wouldn’t they announce all the expected modes to be available at release?

Am I dissatisfied with its (Neutral Bomb) absence within their announcement? Absolutely.

These are the types of things that would help offset the previous disappointments.

Okay 343i, you’ve had to push some components of the game back a bit, but at least release Multiplayer with a full suite of expected modes so people have plenty of multiplayer experiences to delve into in the mean time as they wait.

It’s in nobody’s interest to have the experience get dull early-on for possibly millions of people; particularly, those new to the franchise.
It's definitely too early to say it isn't going to be in. Certainly is more likely to be in, than not.
Ken2379 wrote:
It's definitely too early to say it isn't going to be in. Certainly is more likely to be in, than not.
I certainly hope you’re correct, but why wouldn’t they have announced it with the other modes for BTB?

Unless, it’s being worked on and they don’t know if it’ll be ready so mums the word for now or it hasn’t been a thought for release.

If it’s the sooner, I say 343i just needs to be more transparent and honest with the community. Modes were announced and why not mention all intents for release even some possible short-comings.

If it’s the later, then it’s important of us (the community) to let them know where they’re making an oversight. Course correct sooner rather than later. See if you can get it implemented for release or soon afterwards and be forthright about it’s progress.
To my knowledge they haven’t shared anything about game types for release. They only shared the 3 in the test build and the mention of strongholds explaining the additional functions of the AI (concerning BTB).

I do hope assault or any form of offend-defend objective mode returns.
eLantern wrote:
Ken2379 wrote:
I certainly hope you’re correct, but why wouldn’t they have announced it with the other modes for BTB?

Unless, it’s being worked on and they don’t know if it’ll be ready so mums the word for now or it hasn’t been a thought for release.

If it’s the sooner, I say 343i just needs to be more transparent and honest with the community. Modes were announced and why not mention all intents for release even some possible short-comings.

If it’s the later, then it’s important of us (the community) to let them know where they’re making an oversight. Course correct sooner rather than later. See if you can get it implemented for release or soon afterwards and be forthright about it’s progress.
We barely know anything about anything right now, they really are drip feeding the hype. Game is out in less than 3 months.

The flight is for them to test and monitor specific goals so they're only giving us a taste as they may want specific info and not to overload players with different gametypes right now. Every Halo big team has had much more than 3 modes, this is probs just for the flight test.