Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

No Prometheans

OP OneShot5186

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Of course it’s possible that they show up later in the game, but I’m getting the sense that prometheans won’t show up in Infinite. None of the trailers, mega block leaks, or gameplay have shown or hinted at them. Honestly, despite their flaws, I’m hoping they return. 343 tends to overreact to criticism, swinging hard in the opposite direction if something gets enough backlash. For example, they ditched spartan ops and killed Jul, made halo 5 ultra competitive after halo 4 took heat for being to similar to CoD, brought back Cortana (as a villain?) and as of now seem to be disregarding Halo 5’s story. I’d much prefer if 343 built and improved upon past mistakes instead of scrapping them completely. Just my opinion though. Very curious to see what other enemies we’ll be fighting (flood?) and what new vehicles are added.
If there are no Prometheans, this game will be dead.
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
How? Literally nobody likes Prometheans.
They are necessary to continue Halo 5’s story. Also to mention their weapons and vehicles. I need more phaeton gameplay as well as the forerunner tank we are still missing from Halo 2.
JohnDang55 wrote:
How? Literally nobody likes Prometheans.
I like Prometheans. I'm sick of all of these posts on here making universal claims about what people don't like.
I think they just wanted to emphasize the new enemy rather than the prior ones like they did with the Halo 4 release. I'm sure we have Prometheans still there but I don't see a point in them revealing it in the demo so fast since we've seen them for the past two installments
JohnDang55 wrote:
Please do not make statements like that. If halo is missing one thing that doesn't mean the whole game is bad. Maybe they have a better enemy that will come from them that you do not know about. They are most likely saving the Prometheans for later, everything right now is focused on the "new" faction
Jshsnipa wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
Please do not make statements like that. If halo is missing one thing that doesn't mean the whole game is bad. Maybe they have a better enemy that will come from them that you do not know about. They are most likely saving the Prometheans for later, everything right now is focused on the "new" faction
It will be a major hole in Halo’s storyline if there are no Prometheans, a core faction that has influenced the events of Halo 4, Spartan Ops and Halo 5.
343 had no idea of how to continue Halo 5, until they saw Halo wars 2 and only then did they come up with a story idea to come up with the Banished after many scrapped story drafts.

Imagine Game of thrones season 8 where the first 3 episodes were deleted and the White walkers are just deleted and it just picks up from episode 4. This is what Halo infinite is but worse.
As long as they are not teleporting and have hitscan weapons I'm fine with the promies.
Our old buddy Kermit at least needs to put in an appearance.
I feel like having multiple enemy factions would help the sandbox experience. While halo 5's story was bad, I feel like dropping it entirely when both HW2 and H5 were games that built things up, is utterly jarring.
With the arrival of the Guardian at the end of Halo Wars 2, there may be Prometheans in a different level. Will I miss them if they don’t return yes and no, but them being gone would certainly not be the end of the game lol. Besides, the Banished have a wide variety of sub factions, and hopefully 343 exploits that. I’d like to see some sentinels again though
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
Looking more and more likely they are going to get swept under the rug in typical 343 fashion. Just pulling a Jul on an entire faction or is it pulling a Didact? Or is it pulling a Janus Key?

Removing the Prometheans entirely will be legitimately disappointing on top of the rest of the disappointment I've felt today.

Inb4 someone starts yelling about "but everyone complained about the Prometheans and now you are complaining they are gone!" "343 can't please anyone."

Once that happens I'm just going to sigh deeply.
. . . Cortana (as a villain?) and as of now seem to be disregarding Halo 5’s story. . . .
Cortana became a villain due to Rampancy caused by being past the 7 year life span of a Smart AI and gets worse as time continues until they die.

They already confirmed in the past Infinite takes place after 5.

Because it involves the Banished I think Halo Wars 2 has to do with the game as well.
. . . Cortana (as a villain?) and as of now seem to be disregarding Halo 5’s story. . . .
Cortana became a villain due to Rampancy caused by being past the 7 year life span of a Smart AI and gets worse as time continues until they die.

Because it involves the Banished I think Halo Wars 2 has to do with the game as well.
I'm aware that it takes place after Halo 5, and as much as H5's story sucked, I'm hoping they don't pretend like most of it never happened. As for Cortana, rampancy should have just killed her. That's what was happened in H4. But I'm assuming that due to backlash from fans (see the trend?) 343 decided to bring her back. Since she died, though, they couldn't simply resurrect her, so they had to create a new narrative as to why she is still alive.

I'm aware that it takes place after Halo 5, and as much as H5's story sucked, I'm hoping they don't pretend like most of it never happened. As for Cortana, rampancy should have just killed her. That's what was happened in H4. But I'm assuming that due to backlash from fans (see the trend?) 343 decided to bring her back. Since she died, though, they couldn't simply resurrect her, so they had to create a new narrative as to why she is still alive.
I think it has more to do with her interaction with the Librarian, I think the Librarian was able to store a full copy of her in the Promethean network trying to save Cortana but it ended up getting released early when everything went down and the Original Cortana "died"
Well said op, well said. I too hope we get back old ideas and just get improved versions. I would like Promethean forces in future games. Also good job noticing the lack of Promethean stuff in the new halo toys.
If Cortana is the harbinger that Escharum is talking about it would make sense that they aren't in the game. Cortana probably wanted the banished to take the ring from the humans for her so she wouldn't have to waste resources while trying to take over the galaxy which would conveniently give 343 a good bit of time to redesign the prometheans since fighting them in the past games has been far from enjoyable.
I get the feeling we'll see Prometheans later in the game's story. This demo feels like it was meant more to show off the Banished and their motivations, rather than talk about motivations we already know about.
If Cortana is the harbinger that Escharum is talking about it would make sense that they aren't in the game. Cortana probably wanted the banished to take the ring from the humans for her so she wouldn't have to waste resources while trying to take over the galaxy which would conveniently give 343 a good bit of time to redesign the prometheans since fighting them in the past games has been far from enjoyable.
Can't be Medicant Bias shut down the portal from halo to the Lesser Ark to deny Created control and protect the Banished and UNSC there. Banished and Prometheans are not friends, just like they're not friends with Covenant.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2