OP OneShot5186

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
JohnDang55 wrote:
Jshsnipa wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
If there are no Prometheans, this game will be dead.
Please do not make statements like that. If halo is missing one thing that doesn't mean the whole game is bad. Maybe they have a better enemy that will come from them that you do not know about. They are most likely saving the Prometheans for later, everything right now is focused on the "new" faction
It will be a major hole in Halo’s storyline if there are no Prometheans, a core faction that has influenced the events of Halo 4, Spartan Ops and Halo 5.
343 had no idea of how to continue Halo 5, until they saw Halo wars 2 and only then did they come up with a story idea to come up with the Banished after many scrapped story drafts.

Imagine Game of thrones season 8 where the first 3 episodes were deleted and the White walkers are just deleted and it just picks up from episode 4. This is what Halo infinite is but worse.
I’m sure they are going to be in the game. They said in a post we will have to learn where cortana and the created are and what they are up to. I do t see us just fighting the banished the whole game.
It wouldn't surprise me if the other enemy type(s?) are being held back on purpose since 343 has been extremely tight lipped on any Infinite information since it was revealed, though the lack of even a mention in the toy leaks says to me that either they realized that secrecy flaw and are holding back those toys for a second wave after launch, or that they actually aren't in the game. Hopefully it's the former.
I’m not really a fan of the Prometheans myself but I don’t want 343 to completely drop them, I’d rather see them be reworked into a more enjoyable enemy to fight
JohnDang55 wrote:
Jshsnipa wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
Please do not make statements like that. If halo is missing one thing that doesn't mean the whole game is bad. Maybe they have a better enemy that will come from them that you do not know about. They are most likely saving the Prometheans for later, everything right now is focused on the "new" faction
It will be a major hole in Halo’s storyline if there are no Prometheans, a core faction that has influenced the events of Halo 4, Spartan Ops and Halo 5.
343 had no idea of how to continue Halo 5, until they saw Halo wars 2 and only then did they come up with a story idea to come up with the Banished after many scrapped story drafts.

Imagine Game of thrones season 8 where the first 3 episodes were deleted and the White walkers are just deleted and it just picks up from episode 4. This is what Halo infinite is but worse.
I dont know. I'd honestly be perfectly fine if they barely acknowledge 5. Hell, I'd be happy if they retconed it all together.
If Cortana is the harbinger that Escharum is talking about it would make sense that they aren't in the game. Cortana probably wanted the banished to take the ring from the humans for her so she wouldn't have to waste resources while trying to take over the galaxy which would conveniently give 343 a good bit of time to redesign the prometheans since fighting them in the past games has been far from enjoyable.
I’m on board with this idea. I think the harbinger is cortana. A break from prometheans while they get an update would be fine with me as long as we come back to them at some point. Sentinels should be more than enough forerunner for this game until we get a refresh with the promies.
A full fledged Banished army complete with Brutes, Engineers, and Buggers would be enough for me. I do wish we could see a new alien type that is part of the Banished that plays it’s own unique role- the same way Engineers are support units, or Grunts are small infantry.

I have a feeling the Flood will be the third faction in Infinite, it being a Halo and all. It also kind of helps explain why theres no prometheans cause we haven’t seen them anywhere on the previous rings or the ark.

Imagine if they really drove home the true power of the Banished by having a flood outbreak, and the Banished completely containing and eradicating them within a few missions.

And say the Flood/Prometheans don’t make it into the campaign. It may open up a small possibility they could be included in Firefight. An excuse to have more types of enemies to fight without being tied down to narrative explanations.
JohnDang55 wrote:
If Cortana is the harbinger that Escharum is talking about it would make sense that they aren't in the game. Cortana probably wanted the banished to take the ring from the humans for her so she wouldn't have to waste resources while trying to take over the galaxy which would conveniently give 343 a good bit of time to redesign the prometheans since fighting them in the past games has been far from enjoyable.
Can't be Medicant Bias shut down the portal from halo to the Lesser Ark to deny Created control and protect the Banished and UNSC there. Banished and Prometheans are not friends, just like they're not friends with Covenant.
Halos have the ability to travel to the ark if damage is severe enough and the Banished arrived a month after the portal shut down which means they didn't use it. As for Escharum, it's possible he convinced the other leaders in the Banished that Atriox is dead and that siding with Cortana is what he would have done even though we know that's the last thing he would do.
JohnDang55 wrote:
Can't be Medicant Bias shut down the portal from halo to the Lesser Ark to deny Created control and protect the Banished and UNSC there. Banished and Prometheans are not friends, just like they're not friends with Covenant.
Halos have the ability to travel to the ark if damage is severe enough and the Banished arrived a month after the portal shut down which means they didn't use it. As for Escharum, it's possible he convinced the other leaders in the Banished that Atriox is dead and that siding with Cortana is what he would have done even though we know that's the last thing he would do.
Banished took the long way, no way they went to Earth to go through the portal to the Lesser Ark. The prometheans turned against the Covenant, I can’t see anything to justify joining with the Banished.
Of course it’s possible that they show up later in the game, but I’m getting the sense that prometheans won’t show up in Infinite. None of the trailers, mega block leaks, or gameplay have shown or hinted at them. Honestly, despite their flaws, I’m hoping they return. 343 tends to overreact to criticism, swinging hard in the opposite direction if something gets enough backlash. For example, they ditched spartan ops and killed Jul, made halo 5 ultra competitive after halo 4 took heat for being to similar to CoD, brought back Cortana (as a villain?) and as of now seem to be disregarding Halo 5’s story. I’d much prefer if 343 built and improved upon past mistakes instead of scrapping them completely. Just my opinion though. Very curious to see what other enemies we’ll be fighting (flood?) and what new vehicles are added.
Thank goodness.

Fighting Prometheans was boring.

And those Warden type recurring boss battles in Halo 5 were appallingly bad.
It would seem dumb to just remove them. Most people like me like Prometheans. Even if people don't like them they must at least like the promethean weapons. Not to mention vehicles. Though they should at least make the knights look more menacing.
JohnDang55 wrote:
LMAO, yes a faction that isn't unique and offers nothing gameplay wise that previous factions haven't done. Wow such a loss to lose bullet sponge enemies with BS tracking weapons, how could they?!
I think 343 has said they are not outright retconning or removing anything that happened in Halo 5, so I think a lot of the plot points will carry over. As for prometheans, maybe they will take a sideline, maybe be an enemy you can fight in side quests, rather than taking a larger point in the story. I just remembered they are pretty much Cortana's army, so maybe they'll appear towards the end of the game or something. Just my thoughts since this games marketing has mostly shown us Banished.
If prometheans do return, hopefully their fun to fight (not sure how much resources and time that will consume but if I was to be honest, the Banished looks a lot more fun to fight than the prometheans from halo 5 or 4).

Small changes to improve the Prometheans and their sandbox without being too time consuming:
-Most of the weapons should not be hitscan (Hitscan punishes close range encounters but when almost every promethean carries a hitscan weapon your encounters end up being very stale by taking cover and waiting your shields to heal or just fighting them from afar.)

-For immersion factors, shooting them should have a bit more impact y'know? Maybe some smoke coming out, noticeable pieces falling apart etc.

-And please give them some color variety, seeing the same color over and over again does get tiring. I can understand the orange color is part of the lore but c'mon.
Personally I like the Promethean lore wise in game though they are boring and hard and to fight and are complete BS to fight against. It would make sense if they are there and the flood are too considering the rings history with both factions. Alongside the fact that the Promethean's were literally designed to fight the flood it would also be cool if we had to fight a guardian kinda like how you would fight scarabs in the previous halos except on much larger scale.
They will return. This game is being set up as a conclusion to the Reclaimer saga. They'll feature in some capacity.
I hate the prometheans. Their desing makes me think of reject Michael Bay decepticons, I don't like one bit their little angry face, I prefer a more neutral approach of machines that Bungie did... Have you guys seen the Halo 3 guardian model? It is also hard for me imagining why the Didact would create crawlers and watchers to fight the flood, they don't seem like a ver functional approach. They feel like bullet sponges, specially the soldiers, which can teleport right away when they are threatened, which doesn´t reward player engagement, it favors camping.

The knights are ok, just take away their weird t-ex arms.
The banished, to me, are more appealing as a foe.
JohnDang55 wrote:
Wait how? So many people hated them. Explain.
I hate the prometheans. Their desing makes me think of reject Michael Bay decepticons, I don't like one bit their little angry face, I prefer a more neutral approach of machines that Bungie did... Have you guys seen the Halo 3 guardian model? It is also hard for me imagining why the Didact would create crawlers and watchers to fight the flood, they don't seem like a ver functional approach. They feel like bullet sponges, specially the soldiers, which can teleport right away when they are threatened, which doesn´t reward player engagement, it favors camping.

The knights are ok, just take away their weird t-ex arms.
The banished, to me, are more appealing as a foe.
Crawlers look like they’d be far more effective at going after Flood forms underground or in burrows than a boxy Sentinel would be with its claws and frame. Given their swarming capabilities they’d be a match for any Flood horde as well. They can even assume the role of snipers on plenty of hard to reach surfaces. Watchers provide protection and restorative capabilities that help make the most of every Knight unit in combat.

Seems fairly straightforward why the Didact would create machines like that.
I think the launch campaign will focus mainly on the Banished. We might not even get a Flood outbreak (though I hope we get to visit hidden research labs in the game). The closest we’ll likely see are the sentinels.

They’ll probably reintroduce other enemy types with the DLC expansions, a Flood outbreak in one, and then the arrival of the Created in another. This way they could give fans a break from the newer enemies, while they figure out how to work them back into the new/old art style.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2