No Prometheans

OP OneShot5186

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Infinite's dead to me if it just retcons 4 and 5
Ideally this could be an aftermath DLC type thing. Finish the story, get through it, 6 months later story DLC with new factions.

1st Story DLC - Prometheans Spring 2022
2nd Story DLC - Flood Fall 2022
3rd Story DLC - Brutes Spring 2023 (Tie into future projects?)

These could be time jumps, or skips throughout the timelines, or even chronological in some sense.
JohnDang55 wrote:
If there are no Prometheans, this game will be dead.
On top of that, Prometheans are one of the only remaining 343 plot elements that actually move the universe forward. My worst fear is everything Halo 4 and 5-related getting yoinked in favor of safe nostalgic status quo upholders (AKA the Banished, who 343 planned as a Covenant 3.0 faction with a red herring "Humans can join" tidbit to throw us off)
JohnDang55 wrote:
Lol naw. The prometheans were not fun to fight at all. Bullet sponges is what they are.
JohnDang55 wrote:
If Cortana is the harbinger that Escharum is talking about it would make sense that they aren't in the game. Cortana probably wanted the banished to take the ring from the humans for her so she wouldn't have to waste resources while trying to take over the galaxy which would conveniently give 343 a good bit of time to redesign the prometheans since fighting them in the past games has been far from enjoyable.
Can't be Medicant Bias shut down the portal from halo to the Lesser Ark to deny Created control and protect the Banished and UNSC there. Banished and Prometheans are not friends, just like they're not friends with Covenant.
Flashback to halo 4 where the covenent were completely brainwashed to help prometheans the entire game
What are you trying to get at. By the time of Halo 5 they became enemies. What you said is not relevant.
JohnDang55 wrote:
Lol naw. The prometheans were not fun to fight at all. Bullet sponges is what they are.
And brutes are not? Especially in the trailer?
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
how are they bullet sponges in the trailer? did you even watch the trailer?
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
I did and they took more damage than soldiers. And while we’re at it, soldiers don’t have shields which can regenerate. I don’t see people crying about elites or halo 3 brutes (if the armour is not overloaded) with 2 or more bars of shield regenerating all that damage back from all the past games, but somehow soldiers are bad cause they’re bullet sponges lol? Soldiers open up to reveal the headshot weak point which is the same with elites and halo 3 brutes.
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
I did and they took more damage than soldiers. And while we’re at it, soldiers don’t have shields which can regenerate. I don’t see people crying about elites or halo 3 brutes (if the armour is not overloaded) with 2 or more bars of shield regenerating all that damage back from all the past games, but somehow soldiers are bad cause they’re bullet sponges lol? Soldiers open up to reveal the headshot weak point which is the same with elites and halo 3 brutes.
So you never played the other games or saw the trailer ok.

Halo 2 brutes are indeed bullet sponges while every game after gives them proper HP or HP and shields, the soldiers can require an extensive number of shots just to open their weakspot
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:

Halo 2 brutes are indeed bullet sponges while every game after gives them proper HP or HP and shields, the soldiers can require an extensive number of shots just to open their weakspot
Okay the regular brutes, not the captains shown in the trailer appear to be roughly the same or slightly less durability to the soldiers. I’ve played every game and let me tell you soldiers are pretty fair. They lose the battle of attrition, you can outrade them in damage and always come out on top eventually. Other games especially with skulls on it can get ridiculous when they regenerate damage.

From a lore perspective of course they are gonna be tanker than covenant who are flesh while the soldiers are purely metal. Look it’s like 5 BR/ DMR bursts to open the soldiers up, while elite minors were like 4 but they could always heal.
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:

Okay the regular brutes, not the captains shown in the trailer appear to be roughly the same or slightly less durability to the soldiers. I’ve played every game and let me tell you soldiers are pretty fair. They lose the battle of attrition, you can outrade them in damage and always come out on top eventually. Other games especially with skulls on it can get ridiculous when they regenerate damage.

From a lore perspective of course they are gonna be tanker than covenant who are flesh while the soldiers are purely metal. Look it’s like 5 BR/ DMR bursts to open the soldiers up, while elite minors were like 4 but they could always heal.
as it should be, it punishes you for not finishing the fight and running away and forces the player into making a decision on whether to finish a kill and risk dying or back off and let the enemy recover
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:

as it should be, it punishes you for not finishing the fight and running away and forces the player into making a decision on whether to finish a kill and risk dying or back off and let the enemy recover
Yes which means Soldiers are less punishing to fight therefore I cannot see the validity of the complaint that them being bullet sponges when it’s the only way to balance them.
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:

Yes which means Soldiers are less punishing to fight therefore I cannot see the validity of the complaint that them being bullet sponges when it’s the only way to balance them.
It means they are unfun to fight ( especially with the weapons they are given ) and doesn't change the fact that they take a large number of shots to put down
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:

It means they are unfun to fight ( especially with the weapons they are given ) and doesn't change the fact that they take a large number of shots to put down
Then that’s subjective. I like it this way when there are many different enemies with varying mechanics and ways to fight them. It adds complexity to the game as oppose to same old elites. Would be great if the brought the Halo 4 knight move set back as well.
True, the Prometheans may be unfun to fight, but I'm sure we can all agree that the soldiers' dialogue is pretty good! I wouldn't mind if only the Soldiers return in Halo Infinite, so long as they are acceptable to fight and their dialogue is similar to Halo 5. One of few decent things about Halo 5, I think: the AI combat dialogue.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3