Have you actually read my previous posts on the thread? Let me re-summarise for you...Case reopened:You're just making a circular argument here.OK then - does the campaign call for dynamic day-and-night transitions?
Rule 1 of reasoned debate and discussion: actually respond to what the other person saysThe atmosphere & immersion calls for it🤘🏻💯Darwi wrote:It's just not worth the effort for 343 to do this if the narrative of the Campaign doesn't call for it.UrbaneRocket495 wrote:
Well this game has that feature; so why not include dynamic weather as well - it would serve the same function.
Yes, clearly by my logic the campaign calls for day/night. That makes sense - the ring rotates.
Canonically we know Halos have weather control so therefore we don't need dynamic weather.
In HALO: Combat Evolved, the level "343 Guilty Spark" had rain; as well as the "Assault on the Control Room" level featuring snow. Additionally, the HALO INFINITE announcement trailer had dynamic rain with thunder & lightning. On top of that, the devs have stated that they are considering adding dynamic weather post-launch.
Whether it is controlled or dynamic; the effect is the same.
So it seems like HALO rings can have dynamic weather after all🤷🏻♂️
Your witness, counselor...
Dynamic weather is entirely different from different weather. Dynamic implies changing, changeable and random in a single location. My whole point about CE is that we see the location change throughout the game and each location has its own biome with its own different weather. CE's evidence clearly suggests that the ring has environmental control systems and therefore that parts of the ring will have different weather patterns - this is also borne out by the differences we see in Halo 2. My point with Infinite is we may not be hopping around to the extent we did in CE but rather have a much wider area but one with it own static weather:
- Halo and Silent Cartographer: PNW biome and good weather
- Truth and Reconciliation/Keyes and to some extent PoA: Desert Plateau biome and good weather
- AotCR and Two Betrayals: Glacial biome and snowy weather
- 343GS: Rainforest Biome and rain/thunderstorm
This leaves two possibilities:Quote:"Interesting... the weather patterns here seem natural, not artificial. I wonder if the ring's environment systems are malfunctioning... or if the designers wanted the installation to have inclement weather.
- The systems were not malfunctioning and that part of the ring was designed to have such weather
- The systems in that part of the ring had altered the weather in response to Covenant/UNSC exploration to be 'inclement' - possibly as a result of Spark trying to hinder access to critical systems - I'd argue the suitability of the weather to the environment in 343GS is evidence against that possibility.
Re: the engine yes in the *Engine* reveal trailer we saw it was capable of different weather conditions. Once again my argument here is dynamic implies different weather conditions in a single location - whereas controlled does not. Dynamic weather =! different weather.