Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

No Rainstorms/Thunderstorms/Snowstorms at launch??

OP BlackChamber487

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
If the campaign doesn't call for that, why does that matter?

Rule 1 of reasoned debate and discussion: actually respond to what the other person says
Darwi wrote:
It's just not worth the effort for 343 to do this if the narrative of the Campaign doesn't call for it.
The atmosphere & immersion calls for it🤘🏻💯
OK then - does the campaign call for dynamic day-and-night transitions?

Well this game has that feature; so why not include dynamic weather as well - it would serve the same function.

🤷🏻‍♂️
You're just making a circular argument here.

Yes, clearly by my logic the campaign calls for day/night. That makes sense - the ring rotates.

Canonically we know Halos have weather control so therefore we don't need dynamic weather.

Case closed.
...Case reopened:

In HALO: Combat Evolved, the level "343 Guilty Spark" had rain; as well as the "Assault on the Control Room" level featuring snow. Additionally, the HALO INFINITE announcement trailer had dynamic rain with thunder & lightning. On top of that, the devs have stated that they are considering adding dynamic weather post-launch.

Whether it is controlled or dynamic; the effect is the same.

So it seems like HALO rings can have dynamic weather after all🤷🏻‍♂️

Your witness, counselor...
Have you actually read my previous posts on the thread? Let me re-summarise for you

Dynamic weather is entirely different from different weather. Dynamic implies changing, changeable and random in a single location. My whole point about CE is that we see the location change throughout the game and each location has its own biome with its own different weather. CE's evidence clearly suggests that the ring has environmental control systems and therefore that parts of the ring will have different weather patterns - this is also borne out by the differences we see in Halo 2. My point with Infinite is we may not be hopping around to the extent we did in CE but rather have a much wider area but one with it own static weather:

  • Halo and Silent Cartographer: PNW biome and good weather
  • Truth and Reconciliation/Keyes and to some extent PoA: Desert Plateau biome and good weather
  • AotCR and Two Betrayals: Glacial biome and snowy weather
  • 343GS: Rainforest Biome and rain/thunderstorm
During Assault on the control room Cortana clearly states:
Quote:
"Interesting... the weather patterns here seem natural, not artificial. I wonder if the ring's environment systems are malfunctioning... or if the designers wanted the installation to have inclement weather.
This leaves two possibilities:
  1. The systems were not malfunctioning and that part of the ring was designed to have such weather
  2. The systems in that part of the ring had altered the weather in response to Covenant/UNSC exploration to be 'inclement' - possibly as a result of Spark trying to hinder access to critical systems - I'd argue the suitability of the weather to the environment in 343GS is evidence against that possibility.
Re your point about they'll see about adding such systems post-launch: great I'd welcome it - I've merely provided canonical reasons for why it's entirely unnecessary as a requirement like some have implied. Adding it for a specific location does not invalidate my argument about the systems - you could even see an AI take control of those local systems. That could leave the possibility for future updates where you could literally alter the conditions in a part of the ring to suit your ends.

Re: the engine yes in the *Engine* reveal trailer we saw it was capable of different weather conditions. Once again my argument here is dynamic implies different weather conditions in a single location - whereas controlled does not. Dynamic weather =! different weather.
...Case reopened:

In HALO: Combat Evolved, the level "343 Guilty Spark" had rain; as well as the "Assault on the Control Room" level featuring snow. Additionally, the HALO INFINITE announcement trailer had dynamic rain with thunder & lightning. On top of that, the devs have stated that they are considering adding dynamic weather post-launch.

Whether it is controlled or dynamic; the effect is the same.

So it seems like HALO rings can have dynamic weather after all🤷🏻‍♂️

Your witness, counselor...
Furthermore, cortana even mentions she finds it weird that artificatial environments have inclimate weather in assault on the control room. So the rings having weather is literally a conversation point in universe.That and many 'bad weathers' are actually beneficial for ecosystems. Heck, making it rain is probably the easiest way to make sure all the plants are watered.
Absolutely incredible observation!! I bolded it for visibility.

Kudos🤘🏻

There are other lifeforms on Zeta HALO - we've seen the deer drinking from a lake, the Rhinoceroses, the flying creatures and the Space Gophers. Living things need water to survive and without rain to replenish the oceans, lakes, etc. they would dry up over time.
Dynamic rain should be in the game full stop. Pretty devo that it’s not in at launch. Hopefully rain appears in a structured campaign mission at least. It does wonders for atmosphere.
...Case reopened:

In HALO: Combat Evolved, the level "343 Guilty Spark" had rain; as well as the "Assault on the Control Room" level featuring snow. Additionally, the HALO INFINITE announcement trailer had dynamic rain with thunder & lightning. On top of that, the devs have stated that they are considering adding dynamic weather post-launch.

Whether it is controlled or dynamic; the effect is the same.

So it seems like HALO rings can have dynamic weather after all🤷🏻‍♂️

Your witness, counselor...
Furthermore, cortana even mentions she finds it weird that artificatial environments have inclimate weather in assault on the control room. So the rings having weather is literally a conversation point in universe.That and many 'bad weathers' are actually beneficial for ecosystems. Heck, making it rain is probably the easiest way to make sure all the plants are watered.
Absolutely incredible observation!! I bolded it for visibility.

Kudos🤘🏻

There are other lifeforms on Zeta HALO - we've seen the deer drinking from a lake, the Rhinoceroses, the flying creatures and the Space Gophers. Living things need water to survive and without rain to replenish the oceans, lakes, etc. they would dry up over time.
Also, Zeta Halo is damaged, there's a good chance the weather systems are damaged so the climates could be out of control, or malfunctioning. I think there's room for the developers to make the weather dynamic or changable. It's an interesting idea. I hope we see it.
Dynamic rain should be in the game full stop. Pretty devo that it’s not in at launch. Hopefully rain appears in a structured campaign mission at least. It does wonders for atmosphere.
👆🏻This👆🏻

Rain builds atmosphere and tension - also when used at the appropriate time; relaxation and a sense of calm.

The game will look far better because of it.
...Case reopened:

In HALO: Combat Evolved, the level "343 Guilty Spark" had rain; as well as the "Assault on the Control Room" level featuring snow. Additionally, the HALO INFINITE announcement trailer had dynamic rain with thunder & lightning. On top of that, the devs have stated that they are considering adding dynamic weather post-launch.

Whether it is controlled or dynamic; the effect is the same.

So it seems like HALO rings can have dynamic weather after all🤷🏻‍♂️

Your witness, counselor...
Furthermore, cortana even mentions she finds it weird that artificatial environments have inclimate weather in assault on the control room. So the rings having weather is literally a conversation point in universe.That and many 'bad weathers' are actually beneficial for ecosystems. Heck, making it rain is probably the easiest way to make sure all the plants are watered.
Absolutely incredible observation!! I bolded it for visibility.

Kudos🤘🏻

There are other lifeforms on Zeta HALO - we've seen the deer drinking from a lake, the Rhinoceroses, the flying creatures and the Space Gophers. Living things need water to survive and without rain to replenish the oceans, lakes, etc. they would dry up over time.
The observation misses the point that Cortana is surprised at the weather at that part of the ring. (I.e. what they've seen up until that point between Halo, Truth and Reconciliation, Silent Cartographer (i.e. 3 different areas of the ring) means that until that point they've seen no evidence of that. her whole comment - as I've clearly quoted above but will repeat here
Quote:
"Interesting... the weather patterns here seem natural, not artificial. I wonder if the ring's environment systems are malfunctioning... or if the designers wanted the installation to have inclement weather.
This again clearly means that what she sees in AotCR is exceptional and either indication of system malfunction or design. The point of conversation is about the difference to what they've seen to that point - i.e. what is the reason for that?

You're on a Halo ring... you do not need rain to replenish water sources or even to distribute water. Bodies of water can be kept topped up via pumps and who knows what systems may exist under the surface to transport water. Forerunner metal isn't bedrock - you need some way to move the water which percolates below the surface back there. No reason to suggest it doesn't deposit it directly to the topsoil layer underfoot.
MorseyBaby wrote:
...Case reopened:

In HALO: Combat Evolved, the level "343 Guilty Spark" had rain; as well as the "Assault on the Control Room" level featuring snow. Additionally, the HALO INFINITE announcement trailer had dynamic rain with thunder & lightning. On top of that, the devs have stated that they are considering adding dynamic weather post-launch.

Whether it is controlled or dynamic; the effect is the same.

So it seems like HALO rings can have dynamic weather after all🤷🏻‍♂️

Your witness, counselor...
Furthermore, cortana even mentions she finds it weird that artificatial environments have inclimate weather in assault on the control room. So the rings having weather is literally a conversation point in universe.That and many 'bad weathers' are actually beneficial for ecosystems. Heck, making it rain is probably the easiest way to make sure all the plants are watered.
Absolutely incredible observation!! I bolded it for visibility.

Kudos🤘🏻

There are other lifeforms on Zeta HALO - we've seen the deer drinking from a lake, the Rhinoceroses, the flying creatures and the Space Gophers. Living things need water to survive and without rain to replenish the oceans, lakes, etc. they would dry up over time.
The observation misses the point that Cortana is surprised at the weather at that part of the ring. (I.e. what they've seen up until that point between Halo, Truth and Reconciliation, Silent Cartographer (i.e. 3 different areas of the ring) means that until that point they've seen no evidence of that. her whole comment - as I've clearly quoted above but will repeat here
Quote:
"Interesting... the weather patterns here seem natural, not artificial. I wonder if the ring's environment systems are malfunctioning... or if the designers wanted the installation to have inclement weather.
This again clearly means that what she sees in AotCR is exceptional and either indication of system malfunction or design. The point of conversation is about the difference to what they've seen to that point - i.e. what is the reason for that?

You're on a Halo ring... you do not need rain to replenish water sources or even to distribute water. Bodies of water can be kept topped up via pumps and who knows what systems may exist under the surface to transport water. Forerunner metal isn't bedrock - you need some way to move the water which percolates below the surface back there. No reason to suggest it doesn't deposit it directly to the topsoil layer underfoot.
Cortana says that the weather patterns seem natural - not artificial; implying that dynamic, Earth-like weather patterns are occurring there.
MorseyBaby wrote:
...Case reopened:

In HALO: Combat Evolved, the level "343 Guilty Spark" had rain; as well as the "Assault on the Control Room" level featuring snow. Additionally, the HALO INFINITE announcement trailer had dynamic rain with thunder & lightning. On top of that, the devs have stated that they are considering adding dynamic weather post-launch.

Whether it is controlled or dynamic; the effect is the same.

So it seems like HALO rings can have dynamic weather after all🤷🏻‍♂️

Your witness, counselor...
Furthermore, cortana even mentions she finds it weird that artificatial environments have inclimate weather in assault on the control room. So the rings having weather is literally a conversation point in universe.That and many 'bad weathers' are actually beneficial for ecosystems. Heck, making it rain is probably the easiest way to make sure all the plants are watered.
Absolutely incredible observation!! I bolded it for visibility.

Kudos🤘🏻

There are other lifeforms on Zeta HALO - we've seen the deer drinking from a lake, the Rhinoceroses, the flying creatures and the Space Gophers. Living things need water to survive and without rain to replenish the oceans, lakes, etc. they would dry up over time.
The observation misses the point that Cortana is surprised at the weather at that part of the ring. (I.e. what they've seen up until that point between Halo, Truth and Reconciliation, Silent Cartographer (i.e. 3 different areas of the ring) means that until that point they've seen no evidence of that. her whole comment - as I've clearly quoted above but will repeat here
Quote:
"Interesting... the weather patterns here seem natural, not artificial. I wonder if the ring's environment systems are malfunctioning... or if the designers wanted the installation to have inclement weather.
This again clearly means that what she sees in AotCR is exceptional and either indication of system malfunction or design. The point of conversation is about the difference to what they've seen to that point - i.e. what is the reason for that?

You're on a Halo ring... you do not need rain to replenish water sources or even to distribute water. Bodies of water can be kept topped up via pumps and who knows what systems may exist under the surface to transport water. Forerunner metal isn't bedrock - you need some way to move the water which percolates below the surface back there. No reason to suggest it doesn't deposit it directly to the topsoil layer underfoot.
Cortana says that the weather patterns seem natural - not artificial; implying that dynamic, Earth-like weather patterns are occurring there.
Seem being the operative word there. The only evidence she has to go on is moments of data. The comment about the designers perhaps wanting that part of the ring to have inclement weather implies a measure of stability to those patterns - the fact that the same area on Installation 08 also has snow would support that hypothesis - making it static rather than dynamic weather
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
...Case reopened:

In HALO: Combat Evolved, the level "343 Guilty Spark" had rain; as well as the "Assault on the Control Room" level featuring snow. Additionally, the HALO INFINITE announcement trailer had dynamic rain with thunder & lightning. On top of that, the devs have stated that they are considering adding dynamic weather post-launch.

Whether it is controlled or dynamic; the effect is the same.

So it seems like HALO rings can have dynamic weather after all🤷🏻‍♂️

Your witness, counselor...
Furthermore, cortana even mentions she finds it weird that artificatial environments have inclimate weather in assault on the control room. So the rings having weather is literally a conversation point in universe.That and many 'bad weathers' are actually beneficial for ecosystems. Heck, making it rain is probably the easiest way to make sure all the plants are watered.
Absolutely incredible observation!! I bolded it for visibility.

Kudos🤘🏻

There are other lifeforms on Zeta HALO - we've seen the deer drinking from a lake, the Rhinoceroses, the flying creatures and the Space Gophers. Living things need water to survive and without rain to replenish the oceans, lakes, etc. they would dry up over time.
Cortana says that the weather patterns seem natural - not artificial; implying that dynamic, Earth-like weather patterns are occurring there.
Seem being the operative word there. The only evidence she has to go on is moments of data. The comment about the designers perhaps wanting that part of the ring to have inclement weather implies a measure of stability to those patterns - the fact that the same area on Installation 08 also has snow would support that hypothesis - making it static rather than dynamic weather
Random static weather is dynamic weather.

It will only serve to make the game better to have dynamic rainstorms, thunderstorms and snowstorms.
I want that armor and helmet its the best
I want that armor and helmet its the best
Which armor & helmet?
With all that is coming to the game at launch (procedurally generated sounds, finding strongholds and prisoners to free, a new ring to explore and push things off of, etc) I really don't think the missing thunder and snowstorms will be that big an issue. Of course I cant wait for them to be added but with everything we do get at launch i don't think it will be as big a deal as some people are making it out to be. Plus you gotta remember, 343 are supporting this thing for 10 years, plenty of time to provide what the fans want.
It would be so cool to have dynamic snow storms. Usually when games have snow it's set in a static area where it's always snowy and then the other areas are never snowy. Think it would be crazy if any part of the game could become snowy.
It would be so cool to have dynamic snow storms. Usually when games have snow it's set in a static area where it's always snowy and then the other areas are never snowy. Think it would be crazy if any part of the game could become snowy.
Snow is great, but rain and thunderstorms would really add to the atmosphere and immersion.

Imagine sneaking up to an occupied Forerunner structure at night, during a Thunderstorm...every lightning flash could give your position away and your footsteps in the rain might do the same. Everything looks slick and reflective, due to the rain and once you make your way inside the structure, you breathe a sigh of relief to be free of the tension and to dry off.

That's just one reason I'm excited for rain in HALO INFINITE🤘🏻
It would be so cool to have dynamic snow storms. Usually when games have snow it's set in a static area where it's always snowy and then the other areas are never snowy. Think it would be crazy if any part of the game could become snowy.
Snow is great, but rain and thunderstorms would really add to the atmosphere and immersion.

Imagine sneaking up to an occupied Forerunner structure at night, during a Thunderstorm...every lightning flash could give your position away and your footsteps in the rain might do the same. Everything looks slick and reflective, due to the rain and once you make your way inside the structure, you breathe a sigh of relief to be free of the tension and to dry off.

That's just one reason I'm excited for rain in HALO INFINITE🤘🏻
Yep that sounds awesome too. Reminds me of that one level in Battlefield Bad Company 2 where it was heavy rain and thunder. You had to sneak into a compound by sniping every time there was a thunder clap to mask the sound of your sniper
It would be so cool to have dynamic snow storms. Usually when games have snow it's set in a static area where it's always snowy and then the other areas are never snowy. Think it would be crazy if any part of the game could become snowy.
Snow is great, but rain and thunderstorms would really add to the atmosphere and immersion.

Imagine sneaking up to an occupied Forerunner structure at night, during a Thunderstorm...every lightning flash could give your position away and your footsteps in the rain might do the same. Everything looks slick and reflective, due to the rain and once you make your way inside the structure, you breathe a sigh of relief to be free of the tension and to dry off.

That's just one reason I'm excited for rain in HALO INFINITE🤘🏻
Yep that sounds awesome too. Reminds me of that one level in Battlefield Bad Company 2 where it was heavy rain and thunder. You had to sneak into a compound by sniping every time there was a thunder clap to mask the sound of your sniper
That sounds awesome🤘🏻
If no rainstorms/thunderstorms/ snowstorms aren't included at launch regarding to explicitly open world nor individual levels/missons themselves I'll be a bit disappointed, but I don't think that'll be the case.

Even if dynamic weather is not included at launch It's not something that will make me to bummed out but hey, the small things build up. The weather could effect the gameplay similar to how Breath of the Wild weather effects its environment (take that with a grain of salt) or set an ambience/atmosphere such as the rain in Halo 3 ODST. Nonetheless never say never, who knows it may come in later DLC or updates.
If no rainstorms/thunderstorms/ snowstorms aren't included at launch regarding to explicitly open world nor individual levels/missons themselves I'll be a bit disappointed, but I don't think that'll be the case.

Even if dynamic weather is not included at launch It's not something that will make me to bummed out but hey, the small things build up. The weather could effect the gameplay similar to how Breath of the Wild weather effects its environment (take that with a grain of salt) or set an ambience/atmosphere such as the rain in Halo 3 ODST. Nonetheless never say never, who knows it may come in later DLC or updates.
Sooner is better than later in this case👍🏻💯
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3