Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

No red outlines, please.

OP The MetaChief

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
On the topic of multiplayer it has been discussed that Red vs Blue may not be returning..If that's the case I imagine the in-universe reasoning will be that the Infinity was destroyed so, now the Spartans have to train for real. Perhaps on Reach?

Anyway, point is - I can do without RvB but please; don't put glowing red outlines on the enemy. Halo 5 already looked like a power ranger cartoon; lets steer clear of that please!
+ 1 stuff like that ruins immersion.
343 should just have the gamertags above the spartans with color designations for which team they're on. It'll be just simple text to toggle with colors instead of the spartans armor. Alot of other FPS already do this and it works just fine.
I doubt we’ll get outlines on players, that’s just something people are saying based on pure speculation alone. I look at it as fear mongering or people being afraid of change and something different.

Let’s look at other FPS games. All of the big ones you can think of do not use Red or Blue or for that matter do not use colour identification to distinguish teams. Do those games use outlines? No.

If it works for every other FPS game to have no forced colours or outline then I’m sure Halo will be fine without it too.
No matter what 343i do there will be people who don’t like it - people who are upset tend to be the loudest which doesn’t necessarily mean that they represent the whole community or are correct either.

I think this new direction is a breath of fresh air and I really welcome this change if it turns out to be true.
Drahicr wrote:
Man you must of hated ODST then.
ZPEnvy 1 wrote:
343 should just have the gamertags above the spartans with color designations for which team they're on. It'll be just simple text to toggle with colors instead of the spartans armor. Alot of other FPS already do this and it works just fine.
Although I don’t have a horse in the race, I’d prefer then staying a true blue or red armor. Maybe just a simple code written for certain playlists that designate you those colors as has been the case. Possibly even implement it in such a way that you Can still see your particular armor just not in its preferred color Scheme. I also enjoy those moments where you can blend in with your environment ever so slightly (mostly in/on bases). I wouldn’t be too angry if they flipped it to the GT’s, although it is a feature that everyone knows has been it’s calling card.
Where is this rumor coming from? Until 343 announces it we have no idea what's going to happen.
I think Blue Outlines on your team make more sense from a Hud perspective, and they could even show through walls. Enemies don't need any sort of marking other than a red reticle when I am aiming at them as long as allies are clearly marked.
TheDonCJG wrote:
I doubt we’ll get outlines on players, that’s just something people are saying based on pure speculation alone. I look at it as fear mongering or people being afraid of change and something different.

Let’s look at other FPS games. All of the big ones you can think of do not use Red or Blue or for that matter do not use colour identification to distinguish teams. Do those games use outlines? No.

If it works for every other FPS game to have no forced colours or outline then I’m sure Halo will be fine without it too.
No matter what 343i do there will be people who don’t like it - people who are upset tend to be the loudest which doesn’t necessarily mean that they represent the whole community or are correct either.

I think this new direction is a breath of fresh air and I really welcome this change if it turns out to be true.
I'm totally fine with no RvB.
Destiny does this very well, if you notice when looking around in destiny PVP enemy players will flash slightly red for a brief moment to alert your attention, but after the initial flash, the only thing glowing red is their name tag. I have confidence in 343 to find a nice balance :)

Also, we all forget that there's a possibility for classic colours to be a toggle for PVP, with how much 343 cares about halos legacy. If you look at MCC it shows potential.
Drahicr wrote:
Man you must of hated ODST then.
How did it break immersion in ODST? That was very quickly explained in the game that the VISR mode for ODSTs had that ability.

That said, I still don't want it in multiplayer. Even if it would make sense canonically. I think a simple red reticule when aiming at an enemy and MAYBE their GT appearing in red when aiming at them would work.
I just posted this in the other thread that's specifically about colors, but it seems appropriate here too.

If 343 just makes our shields glow slightly red or slightly blue instead of yellow, it would let us use our unique colors while also not entirely losing the classic "red vs blue" that we're all used to.

If you also put H3/H5's friendly call sign icons over friendly players, plus the shield colors, there shouldn't be any red outlines needed.
Why not a toggle ;)
sniper945 wrote:
Where is this rumor coming from? Until 343 announces it we have no idea what's going to happen.
There's a promotional image with 2 spartans in a warthog and both are wearing coatings and not team colors. One spartan is driving and the other is on the turrent. Either they've made a different mode or its safe to assume team colors are gone for every mode or just some.
Why not a toggle ;)
No toggles. Makes it unfair for one side or the other.
Why not a toggle ;)
I agree with OP, a toggle only works for some things. For team colors or outlines with a toggle one side would be at an obvious advantage.
Why not a toggle ;)
Then toggle it on. You can also increase the fov now and a bigger fov is better.

I'm sure that the outline will only be shown at a certain range.
Why not a toggle ;)
Then toggle it on. You can also increase the fov now and a bigger fov is better.

I'm sure that the outline will only be shown at a certain range.
But then you have the "it's optional, but your clearly at a disadvantage for not using it" it's not a simple cosmetic toggle like and armor set, but makes enemy's much easier to see.
This is so simple. Just use the Friend or Foe tags, the waypoints. Friendlies have tags above their heads. If you accidentally shoot your mate you'll figure out real quick that they're friendly. It should be obvious
This is so simple. Just use the Friend or Foe tags, the waypoints. Friendlies have tags above their heads. If you accidentally shoot your mate you'll figure out real quick that they're friendly. It should be obvious
Yes it shouldbe simple, but everyone saying it wouldn't work hasn't played any other multiplayer game besides Halo. So many shooters have tags above the head and its not hard at all to tell your teammates apart unless you're pretty dense.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3