1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
Simply, no REQ packs. Plain and simple. It's not Halo. It never was Halo. It will never be Halo. Period.
Not even the question of it being Halo or not. Loot boxes are a plague on gaming as a whole.
True, very true.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
JohnDang55 wrote:
1) Because it’s true what reason should we care about someone else’s customisation. Other players when they see me they will not speculate if I paid real money or earned my customisation through grinding.

2)Now your son is a different matter. He is related to you by blood and is not some stranger from a different city or country. Of course you will care about his feelings because he matters to you and you know him.

3)Now those accomplishments you talk about warzone victories.

4)I am trying to be as objective as I can and I understand that the Halo 5 requisition system just needs to be tweaked. It works well but it isn’t perfect and with many updates and more than 3 years it shouldn’t be a problem as everyone should have everything.Both these systems can exist, you already see it in Gears of War 4.

5)But to completely scrap with Halo 5 requisition system which functions well enough because somehow we supposedly care about some strangers feelings about how they acquired their requisition packs is beyond ridiculous.
1) In the case of Halo 5 and it's RNG system I care because there's no way to earn the items, there can be no sense of accomplishment because everything is obtained through rng, you can grind 288 hours or pay £288.99 and not get the items you want. That's why I care about them.

2) I also care about the people I have never met in real life over Xbox Live, it's a sad day for humanity when some are viewing online friends differently, I have formed bonds with players across the world and dedicated countless hours to achieving goals with them.

3) I'm not talking about warzone victories, but you'll get a sense of accomplishment working as a team and winning.

4) It's your opinion that the Halo 5 req system works well, and that it just needs to be tweaked. It's egregious in it's rng loot design and has no place in AAA full priced games imo. Because it's rng there's no guarantee you'll get everything in a certain time, as for Gears 4, it's even more predatory than Halo 5.

5) It's not about scrapping it over how someone feels. I want it scrapped for what it is. An rng loot based system, designed to encourage guaranteed payments to 343i without a guarantee you'll get back what you want. I'll accept buy what you see, not this rng nonsense.
There is a guarantee that you will get everything if you play long enough with 12 days of game time is more than enough to be maxed out. If it was the Reach system it would take the same time to unlock everything. The goal is not to get what you want, but to get everything. Why do you think 343 has made it easier over time, I remember when emblems counted as the 2 unlocks, arena RP boosts were worth less, and no firefight commendation silver/ gold packs as well as the free 10 gold packs when firefight came out.
Its not that hard to be patient and get everything you want or skip some of it or all of it by purchasing packs.
JohnDang55 wrote:
Your feelings only matter to you. I said no one here cares if another person has this set of gear whether they earned it or bought it. I care if I have all the gold pack gear, I don't care if you earned yours or bought it.
Your accomplishment only matters to you, no one else. People grinded out time in Halo 5, or they could pay a lot of money for it which is harder and that too cost time. In the end it does not matter, you don't even know who these people are in real life or their real name except for mine of course.
Personally I never really needed to pay to unlock everything and that makes me happy and I choose to leave it that. In the end its their choice if they want to pay or not and I don't judge 343 to make money off those who pay.

The Halo 5 requisition system works, not perfectly but it works well and matchmaking ensures there is no pay to win in warzone and I would like to see this system perfected for Halo 6.
Of course it is a huge deal if you can earn something or just buy it. The whole customization system was about earning and "showing off" your good stuff back in the day. This is what the whole multiplayer experience is about in ANY game, not just Halo and not just in a FPS. Everyone wants so succeed. You dont' even have to be competitive / play ranked in this case. Some people think that a good KD is a success, some people think that beating the campaign on legendary is a success, some people think that mastering challenges for a new armour is a success. Everyone has their own way to be successful and share this experience with the community. But what would be the point of a game, if you could just buy it?

I'm gonna be completly honest (and I really don't want to be rude) but opinions like this are dangerous and really hurt the gaming experience for the majority of the community. Developers would have pretty much have full rein and req packs would influence the whole game. But I'm glad that the majority of the Halo Fanbase made a stand against this and made loud and clear, that they wan't the old system back. (or at least a compromise)

And it doesn't matter if you had not to pay to unlock everything. The key factor here is that you have the possibility to pay for it, which makes most of these things worthless. Nice to look at, but it proves nothing, which brings me to my next point: You either have to be completly clueless or naive (I'm not talking about you) to think that Warzone (the mode where the most resources went in and basically replaced dev. made BTB Maps) is not P2W. As mentioned before, every mode where you have the possiblity to pay for better equipment is P2W. It doesn't matter if you haven't paid for anything.

When 2 opponents are on the same level, but the first one has the better reqs - of course he's going to win. And you can buy them without any problems. There were even times where "mythic req packs" were present (maybe they still are, I'm not up to date anymore). When I pay money for these things, I have an advantage. This is not an opinion, this is a fact.

Not every single piece of armor has to be unlocked without any accomplishment, but Guardians system is an absolute joke and is has to be replaced with a better one.
cant we just have paid map dlc like in halo 3
There is a huge problem with loot boxes being in a rated T game like Halo 5. Mainly, loot boxes are a system to psychologically manipulate players into buying them and if you have someone with a gambling addiction or are at risk of getting addicted to gambling like children and teens, and they have ways to fuel that addiction, even free to play games with loot boxes and cause them to become addicted and ruin their life. Loot boxes are a form of gambling for in game items and can cause real harm and have been proven to cause harm whether they are in a free to play mobile game or a AAA title. You can watch this video by YongYea on youtube that goes over just one case of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUXpTBM1vMM Also to say that they need micro transactions to support the game is just bull because although game creation for AAA titles have increased in cost, they still will make a huge profit on sales alone without micro transactions. Micro transactions are simply a way to make more money for publishers and to satisfy investors. They add no game play improvement at all especially if someone claims that you can skip the grind if you pay money so its a choice. That is just bull because the grind is designed into the game and you can clearly see that the grind is made to make you pay for those loot boxes in order to have fun playing the game as with Star Wars Battlefront 2 was, and how Destiny 2 is with those as just some examples of the most abhorrent micro transactions. The excuse of they can use it to fund more content for the game, I'll point that most things added to Halo 5, also added things to the REQ system so it made it more grindy. I hate grinding for things that only have a way to unlock them through rng. It gives me no sense of accomplishment, just a sense of "oh i guess I was lucky". While REQ packs are a mild form of loot boxes, it doesn't change what they are, loot boxes. Also Halo 5s story sucked so much that they have no excuse for having loot boxes in this game that I will accept, unless they changed the campaign entirely and the story. Also I think we can all agree that we don't want loot boxes to be added in Halo Infinite after release like what Cod black ops 4 did.
JohnDang55 wrote:
There is a guarantee that you will get everything if you play long enough with 12 days of game time is more than enough to be maxed out. If it was the Reach system it would take the same time to unlock everything. The goal is not to get what you want, but to get everything. Why do you think 343 has made it easier over time, I remember when emblems counted as the 2 unlocks, arena RP boosts were worth less, and no firefight commendation silver/ gold packs as well as the free 10 gold packs when firefight came out.
Its not that hard to be patient and get everything you want or skip some of it or all of it by purchasing packs.
There's no guarantees, I have over 9 days in playtime logged (I think) and I'm nowhere near having everything maxed, and another 3 days will not ensure I do. The goal is to get what you want, but the rng system does not allow that, it's designed to tempt you to buy, and I refuse to buy a pack that does not give me what I need.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5