Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

No truster ground pound or spartan charge

OP BraggerSolid0

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
No thruster ground pound or spartan charge in halo infinite because they made halo 5 so unbalanced I didnt mind the sprinting I could live with that it wouldnt bother me if they kept it or got rid of it and no spartan abilities halo infinite needs to return to its roots bring back the classic halo gameplay and feel that's 1 of the things that made halo halo
Agree. Maybe we could base usage on a timer-rank-skill system. Basically; recruits can use AAs for 1/4 of the match times, and only in certain zones. As they rank up, they would be more and more restricted to AAs. This ensures that high ranking players will need to use actual skill.
Agreed. But I am for removing Sprint as well. Make general movement speed quicker like Mythic Arena.

Another thing I cant stand is Clamber. Players should be rewarded for making good crouch jumps.

Really hate all this noob friendly stuff they added.

Running around a corner should get you killed, instead you could spartan charge.

Being in the air should be an easy kill but instead you could ground pound.

Making a jump to get in a good spot should be difficult yet rewarding, instead you can clamber.

Need to run away and escape from a battle just thrust away.

Not sure how any of these sound good.
i think the mythic slayer combo nails the balance
Certainly not a bad idea to remove ground pound, spartan charge, clambering, and thrusters. I agree that sprint could stay as I personally have grown used to it. However, I wouldn't mind too much if it was removed. I do hope that Halo 4/Halo Reach armor abilities don't make a return. I also hope that personal load outs don't return either. In my opinion, they should keep it simple. I think a lot of people would prefer it that way.
I want nothing more than Halo to play like Halo again, but if they're keeping sprint and the abilities, thrusters need to go completely. It's more unbalanced than the spartan charge. In higher level matches, players don't abuse charge that much, and ground pound isn't too much of a problem if you're paying attention. They could always nerf the damage. Sprint in H5 is better than Halo 4 since you can't really run away if you're out in the open, because you slow down when you're shot and shields don't recharge.
When it comes to any encounter, thrusters are a get out of jail for free card. Winning a 1v1 comes to down whether or not you thrustered, and in the correct direction. You don't even have to strafe properly sometimes, because everybody is anticipating a thrust. It's very annoying one shotting somebody only to have them thrust behind cover, or shooting a rocket and only taking your opponents' shields down, because they thrustered to the side. The same goes for grenades. The sniper had to be dumbed down with crazy aim assist due to thrusters alone. Also, I shouldn't have to strain my wrist and pointer finger to play claw, or spend hundreds of dollars for an elite. Thrusters make the entire game feel like a twitch shooter, yet it's one of the slowest Halos because of it.
Crouch strafing is already a huge improvement from the first 3 Halos. You don't have to slow down when strafing and you can throw off a player's aim with skill. It's like a new mechanic entirely yet it doesn't interfere with the golden triangle whatsoever. The new crouch strafe should stay, but remove thrusters. Keep the hitscan system like Halo 2 and lower the aim assist. Infinite is already ten times better.
No thruster ground pound or spartan charge in halo infinite because they made halo 5 so unbalanced I didnt mind the sprinting I could live with that it wouldnt bother me if they kept it or got rid of it and no spartan abilities halo infinite needs to return to its roots bring back the classic halo gameplay and feel that's 1 of the things that made halo halo
No ground pound but keep the thrusters.
If sprint goes then ground pound and spartan charge can as well, but I'm not opposed to ground pound remaining either as a map pickup item like equipment or something but it needs to have major changes which I'll mention later. Thrusters can stay. Clamber can go and get replaced with a double jump tied into thrusters. ADS style zooming definitely needs to go.

If sprint stays, I still say clamber should be replaced with a double jump tied into thrusters and the other stuff can stay but spartan charge and ground pound definitely need tweaking! For starters, ground pound should not do any damage unless you actually hit the opponent and it shouldn't do damage if I'm in the air. Spartan charge needs to take longer to initialize and shouldn't track as much. ADS style zooming definitely needs to go too.

Anyone one who is a regular on here knows what I prefer so I won't bother getting into that.
I honestly hate the spartan charge and ground pound because it’s so situational and you need loads for your commendations. I can accept clamber, sprint, and thrusters for like the parkour aspects along with the sides of sliding and all that, but the last time I ground pounded someone was last week on purpose to try to get a medal, but that didn’t work and I barely ground pound anyways. Spartan charging I’d be fine if it were gone, I use it at times, but not to the extent I rely on it. In my opinion, if they kept sprint they’d have to make it an armour ability like reach, but still have everything like damage boosts, overshields, camos, and speed boosts pickups, and obviously no armour lock. Most of these things are about the type of player, and the kind of situation you’re in. If you’re on a cliff with 50 people under you, then ground pound, if not then don’t use it. They’re just 2 things that are little side things tacked on with advanced movement we don’t really need is my opinion, but keep thruster, sprint, and clamber.
Spartan charge can go.

Ground pound I'm neither here or there on.

Thrusters need to stay. I think they may benefit from being a tad muted... not quite as quick, not quite as far... and/or a bit slower to recharge. But they are needed to avoid grenades or duck out of the sniper's line of fire. Plus, there needs to be some option apart from bunny hopping to mix up a fire fight - something to at least give you a chance if you were shot first.

And I don't mind clamber. It's penalty enough for not timing the jump.
I'm all for no ground pound and spartan charge but I would like to keep thrusters instead of sprint. Feels more like Halo with a flare whereas sprint just makes it feel too different to me. Have you played Mythic? It's awesome.
If sprint goes then ground pound and spartan charge can as well, but I'm not opposed to ground pound remaining either as a map pickup item like equipment or something but it needs to have major changes which I'll mention later.
I agree.

The problem is that most people look into this like that: "If you remove sprint, you have less variety" or the opposite, if you add it. Example: The "Anti-Sprint" Community doesn't want less features in the game, we just wan't to shake up the proportions.
  1. Now, what do I mean by that?
Example: By removing Sprint, you focus more on the tools to compensate that in form of Dynamique Map Elements, the Map Layout in general, Teleporters, Mac Cannons, Vehicles, Map Pickups such as Equipment & Power Ups like BMS-Boosts and even the physiques.

Inb4 the Argument: "But both things can coexist!" - Yes, they can, but the potenial of everything beeing unbalanced is way higher & less emphasis will be put for the other elements. There can be one bad map, there can be 2 bad maps, there can be 3 bad maps, but if people complain about every map beeing bad, they don't really complain about the maps, they complain about the movement without even realizing - because all maps are designed around the movement.

As a Fan of the Run & Gun Movement (Classic), Sprint is not the Ability where I wan't the proportions to be changed in form of Map Traversal.

We don't even have to remove Ground Pound entirely - how can we implement the principle of shaking up the proportions into something like Ground Pound? Teleporters? Vehicles? Wouldn't make much sense. But there's something else - Weapons.
You can tie something like Ground Pound easily into a weapon - the Gravity Gammer.
  1. What do we achieve by that?
  • You don't have to design every map around this Ability, because it's not offered as a basic mechanic
  • You add a lot of depth into your weapon sandbox by giving the Gravity Hammer unique characteristics. I'd even take a step further - instead of having 4 different variants, just use one and tie the "Shockwave" Ability into the gravity hammer. Obviously, because of Balancing reasons you won't be able to send shockwaves with every swing. Instead, you have to charge it up like a Spartan Laser and every shockwave would drain the battery for 25%, every Dash from above would drain the battery for 25%, every regular hit would drain it for 5%.
  • The gravity hammer would differentiate even more from the energy sword.
I have similiar things in mind for various other weapons like the Energy Sword, Rocket Launcher and so on. (In terms of BMS & Physiques)
In my eyes, this is also a way of going back to the roots. Less Weapons, more functions. The covenant weapon sandbox shall not be a copy of the UNSC Weapon Sandbox. With this step, you have more recognizable weapons like the plasma pistol & the plasma rifle (I'm talking about the CE P.R., everything else is just garbage)

This is how I would do it, at least in the case of Ground Pound. Now, again, I'm not saying that this is the ultimate way to go, it's about the principle. There are ways to stick to the core, change up the proportions and add depth into your maps & Weapon Sandbox (Quality > Quantity) at the same time.
I want ground pound in halo infinite but not in the way they managed to create in h5. I mean ,cmon these are Spartans we are talking about. They should have these ability . Still I have seen some fans hating it. They can make a choice between sprint and ground pound (like in reach). Also the new slipspace engine is going to be cutting edge so that (ground pound) would be more cool and realistic.
I think they will most probably return in Infinite. But a cooldown timer should be implemented to keep a control on them. The ground pound in my opinion was the coolest thing in halo 5. I really want the jetpack back in Infinite
i think the mythic slayer combo nails the balance
This times a million.
I agree. The thruster adds a nice dynamic though. So i 2/3 agree.
I'm all for no ground pound and spartan charge but I would like to keep thrusters instead of sprint. Feels more like Halo with a flare whereas sprint just makes it feel too different to me. Have you played Mythic? It's awesome.
Agree with this. Thrusters to me felt like a natural mechanic and still requires some skill to be used effectively. Some balance needs to be added to armor abilities in general but I think they did them pretty well in 5 tbh. Shoulder charge was OP but sill required you to reach full sprint speed before you could use it. Ground pound was always annoying to me but the mid-air charge-up gave other players time to thrust out of the way or even shoot you out of the air.

I don't see 343 backtracking and straight-up removing all these armor abilities at this point so I think more balance with regards to charge-up times or cooldown timers is going to be their ultimate decision.
I mostly agree but I still want the thruster and the ground pound but NOT spartan charge as its cheap that when someones running they can almost 100% kill you
I think ground pound is almost fine as it is (sorta). It just needs a slightly longer charge up time, and should only do damage from direct hits. No more splash damage would be good too I think.

It rewards players who position themselves well. They're also a sitting duck while they charge it up. Even more, a good thruster boost + jump can dodge it entirely too.

Spartan charge needs some balancing for sure. I think if you made it so it only charged in a straight line, and also required a charge up during which you couldn't change directions, that could balance it pretty well.
I wish they would completely remove spartan abilities and go back to Halo 3 equipment.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2