Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] NO TRUSTERS!!!

OP Derrick0222

No trusters ground pound spartan charge or stabilizers. They make the game so unbalanced and take away from that classic halo feeling and take alot of the skill out of the game
It just looks so goofy seeing these big -Yoink- spartans thrust side to side.
I could live with a nerfed version. What I really want is a reduction in grenade spam. Halo 3 became unbearable after a while, because more than half the time someone saw me within 50 feet of them, their first reaction was to throw a grenade. Sorry, repetitive gameplay like that gets stale.
Sorry, repetitive gameplay like that gets stale.
I mean it’s the easiest way to kill someone, grenade & headshot. Personally, I’d say it’s more strategy.
People will adopt something that works, if you’re looking for non repetitive gameplay FPS’s maybe aren’t the place to look...
I could live with a nerfed version. What I really want is a reduction in grenade spam. Halo 3 became unbearable after a while, because more than half the time someone saw me within 50 feet of them, their first reaction was to throw a grenade. Sorry, repetitive gameplay like that gets stale.
Yep. Thrusters are pretty much the best antidote to grenade spam (or spotting a sniper rifle staring straight at you).. They mix up a gun fight and give you a chance to turn the tables (or escape). It's no longer first shot / nade automatically wins.

Hopefully they stay.
The only games I had issues with frags were the first two Halos. In CE we had small atomic bombs lying around everywhere in certain maps... Was kinda fun admittedly!^^ And in H2 when you learned the respawn points you could exploid the system to get a lot of consecutive spawn kills. Like a lot. That trick alone got me to level 50 in certain modes!

In actual combat however frag spamming was never that big of an issue, especially not from H3 onwards. The amount was limited, AOE got quite small, the visual and sound cues got really good to even too obvious in H2A and H5 and as long as you keep moving - which you should do anyway in an arena shooter.

Trusters in H5 are an effective counter to frags obviously, but you also have to consider that magnetism, AOE and damage got modified based on the new movement system. Avoiding frags in H3/Reach/H4 unless it's a perfect throw ain't gotten easier or harder imho... You just got a new tool because the faster BMS and sprint forced the dev to rebalnce explosives. We even got a kind of frag to solely limit a player's movement, which could be argued made frag spamming a bigger issue in 5 compared to 3, unless you count incendiaries to the mix as well. But those were rarely in any normal MP mode that I can recall.