Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Not really Hyped fpr Halo 6

OP Dein Exfreund

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I understand that much people are hyped for the new Halo. But I still remember the disaster of the Halo 5 marketing where they said, that the game will be the biggest hunt in video game history (actually the hnt was just for 4 missions and after that a serach&rescue mission).

If Halo 6 will be really awesome/good, okay, but I'm not hyped after the Halo 5 lies.

What do you think?
Well I think the classic art style and music were 343i trying to tell us that they're listening to us and trying to do better.
Hunt the Truth was such a cool thing, Halo 5 campaign was poop compared.
I think it's fair to be skeptical at this point. They did however admit they messed up H5 marketing so that's a good sign. What exactly do you distrust in the trailer? Do you think the final game won't have classic art direction like the trailer showed?
I’m not getting the game right away anyway......I’m going to watch it on YouTube and balk at how it will ruin Cortana’s character further.
Halo 5 was better than the marketing ploy
I’m not getting the game right away anyway......I’m going to watch it on YouTube and balk at how it will ruin Cortana’s character further.
You mean the same Cortana that is based on a morally ambiguous as all hell character (Dr. Halsey)? The same Cortana that has been messed up by Rampancy AND being in the company of the Gravemind? I get ya, but this character change has been coming since Halo 3. If anything we MIGHT see her redeemed like what happened with Medicant Bias, but who knows.

Anyways wasn't as upset as some of you by the disparity between the Hunt the Truth marketing campaign and the story we got in Halo 5, but I get why it might make you somewhat cautious of Halo:Infinite's narrative. If anything, focusing the story more on the Chief again should help make for a more cohesive story. Either way, I"m pretty damn hyped for Infinite simply on the basis we'll have a Halo game actually,..GASP...take place on a Halo ring again.
Well, even without the past that new Halo games have I wouldnt still get hyped over just a engine showcase teaser.
I am, I'm very hyped of it because of the title and hoping for it to be as great of a Halo game as Reach!
I have never been hyped for a game. Halo Infinite trailer - Instant Hype.
so looking to getting it.
im hyped to learn more
I am, I'm very hyped of it because of the title and hoping for it to be as great of a Halo game as Reach!
I liked reach but it was a horrible halo game
We as a fanbase have every right to be skeptical. The good thing is that they know we're skeptical- and Chris Lee's post on Waypoint is proof of that. They're playing very careful this time, and are trying to make this game what the fans want. They are displaying the return of the old art style as proof of that. IIRC they were also quoted before to say that they plan to stick with the Halo 5 formula in terms of Arena multiplayer gameplay.

I'm definitely skeptical and keeping my hopes on check, but I do have a feeling that 343i know this is too important to screw up and will do anything within their ability to make Infinite stick the landing and be the Halo game we're waiting for. The extended dev time is also proof of that. They know they're on thin ice, and unlike the last couple of releases I don't think they're carelessly sprinting forward. With Infinite, I think every step is careful and thought out.

Let's not forget, after all, that 343i were built to make Halo. Experienced developers from every corner of the industry were brought over and trusted by Microsoft with their #1 brand. They messed up three times, but it's not because they're bad at their jobs. The problem with the last few games was the vision (aside from MCC, where the problem was the execution)- and their slow approach this time gives me hope that, unlike 5 whose vision changed somewhere in the dev cycle, and unlike 4 whose vision was to try and copy the competition, Infinite will have a singular and very Halo identity.

Fingers crossed.
I understand that much people are hyped for the new Halo. But I still remember the disaster of the Halo 5 marketing where they said, that the game will be the biggest hunt in video game history (actually the hnt was just for 4 missions and after that a serach&rescue mission).

If Halo 6 will be really awesome/good, okay, but I'm not hyped after the Halo 5 lies.

What do you think?
The marketing was definitely a huge bait and switch.

I think if they had not done that the negative reactions would probably not have been as bad.

It is clear they were trying to build Locke as the next Arbitor but it failed.

The biggest problem for me is the actor who voiced and played Locke is one of the worst actors ever in cinema history. Luke Cage Season 2 is rated AWFUL via IGN as of today!.
I think it's ok to be hyped or not hyped, I don't think they are going to mess up this one, if they do, it will mark the end of the Halo franchise. I think the good thing is that whether we are hyped or not, we still came to the forum to talk about these things, that means that people still care about Halo, and that's a good thing for the community.
You mean the same Cortana that is based on a morally ambiguous as all hell character (Dr. Halsey)? The same Cortana that has been messed up by Rampancy AND being in the company of the Gravemind? I get ya, but this character change has been coming since Halo 3. If anything we MIGHT see her redeemed like what happened with Medicant Bias, but who knows.

Anyways wasn't as upset as some of you by the disparity between the Hunt the Truth marketing campaign and the story we got in Halo 5, but I get why it might make you somewhat cautious of Halo:Infinite's narrative. If anything, focusing the story more on the Chief again should help make for a more cohesive story. Either way, I"m pretty damn hyped for Infinite simply on the basis we'll have a Halo game actually,..GASP...take place on a Halo ring again.
If Cortana's heel turn was coming, there were certainly little to no signs of it! Didn't she keep the Gravemind from corrupting her? And yes, she was rampant by the time Chief detonated the nuke aboard Mantle's Approach, but that's why I'm angry and why I refuse to buy Infinite. She died to protect the Chief. She shouldn't be back. And OK, she was based on Halsey, who is infamous for creating the Spartans, but would Halsey really go to such lengths as shamelessly murdering millions just to enforce galactic peace? The whole premise reeks of *Yoink!*
I’m not hyped for it because there’s nothing to be hyped about yet. We got a teaser trailer that told us nothing about the story. When more details arrive, then I’ll be hyped. Until then, it’s all speculation.
MEDICVS wrote:
I’m not hyped for it because there’s nothing to be hyped about yet. We got a teaser trailer that told us nothing about the story. When more details arrive, then I’ll be hyped. Until then, it’s all speculation.
Yeah it was kinda a National Geographic documentary with Master Chief shoehorned into the end.
Once there's gameplay footage or a showcase of something like forge then there's nothing special to go off. I like a lot of the sentiments, so hopefully we get something more concrete soonish.
I won't be hyped until I see gameplay footage and see something about how the ranking system will be.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2