Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Not really Hyped fpr Halo 6

OP Dein Exfreund

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Yeah it’s good to be hesitant. Especially after Mcc and halo 5 but after the reveal it does show that 343 is listening at least with the art style so
I’m only hyped for Infinite because it’s Halo, it has the new art style and I went into Halo 5’s story with really low expectations—having only beaten it recently—and actually kinda enjoyed it. Going into stuff with low expectations really does pay off, imo. If it’s awful, you probably won’t be too disappointed because you called it, but if it’s awesome, you’ll enjoy the game even more! Sometimes negativity pays off.
I understand that much people are hyped for the new Halo. But I still remember the disaster of the Halo 5 marketing where they said, that the game will be the biggest hunt in video game history (actually the hnt was just for 4 missions and after that a serach&rescue mission).

If Halo 6 will be really awesome/good, okay, but I'm not hyped after the Halo 5 lies.

What do you think?
I'm mostly sceptical, I've been unsure about the Halo franchise since Reach due to the weak campaign, armour abilities then 4,5 just got worse but the Halo Infinite trailer did give me some hope due to the classic art style returning but I'm sceptical since the Halo 5 marketing was misleading plus too much of H5 annoyed me like loot box's, 3/4 of the game being online only so I'm staying doubtful until the test flights come out for the games so I can see what the game is going to be like, until we actually hear more about the game since we've been barely seen/heard anything about what the game will play like.
Andycu5 wrote:
MEDICVS wrote:
I’m not hyped for it because there’s nothing to be hyped about yet. We got a teaser trailer that told us nothing about the story. When more details arrive, then I’ll be hyped. Until then, it’s all speculation.
Yeah it was kinda a National Geographic documentary with Master Chief shoehorned into the end.
Classic! Well said ☺
ZacBum wrote:
Andycu5 wrote:
MEDICVS wrote:
I’m not hyped for it because there’s nothing to be hyped about yet. We got a teaser trailer that told us nothing about the story. When more details arrive, then I’ll be hyped. Until then, it’s all speculation.
Yeah it was kinda a National Geographic documentary with Master Chief shoehorned into the end.
Classic! Well said ☺
Here’s more on that.
Andycu5 wrote:
ZacBum wrote:
Andycu5 wrote:
MEDICVS wrote:
Classic! Well said ☺
Here’s more on that.
Thats pretty funny!
exactchase wrote:
I’m only hyped for Infinite because it’s Halo, it has the new art style and I went into Halo 5’s story with really low expectations—having only beaten it recently—and actually kinda enjoyed it. Going into stuff with low expectations really does pay off, imo. If it’s awful, you probably won’t be too disappointed because you called it, but if it’s awesome, you’ll enjoy the game even more! Sometimes negativity pays off.
I'm not hyped for it, despite the trailer (what little we can glean from it) looking decent. I learned a long time ago that a game rarely, if ever, lives up to its hype.

While I do agree that having low expectations 'pays off', I have to say that it doesn't pay off in the right way IMO. While negativity pays off for you, it is detrimental for the game itself.

I think people [even myself] should become as hyped as the game marketing wants them to be and I think the game devs (and this doesn't just apply to the Halo franchise obviously) should do everything in their power to live up to that hype. I also think that if a game doesn't live up to its hype, then people absolutely should light up its website, twitter feed or whatever and point it out. That's how games get better or get the axe and forgotten.

I believe that far too many gamers follow the idea of having low expectations so as not to be disappointed nowadays. The problem is that this doesn't raise the bar, it lowers it. It's basically saying we're willing to accept mediocrity... and as a friend of mine used to say quite a bit... accept mediocrity and it's all you will receive.
exactchase wrote:
I'm not hyped for it, despite the trailer (what little we can glean from it) looking decent. I learned a long time ago that a game rarely, if ever, lives up to its hype.

While I do agree that having low expectations 'pays off', I have to say that it doesn't pay off in the right way IMO. While negativity pays off for you, it is detrimental for the game itself.

I think people [even myself] should become as hyped as the game marketing wants them to be and I think the game devs (and this doesn't just apply to the Halo franchise obviously) should do everything in their power to live up to that hype. I also think that if a game doesn't live up to its hype, then people absolutely should light up its website, twitter feed or whatever and point it out. That's how games get better or get the axe and forgotten.

I believe that far too many gamers follow the idea of having low expectations so as not to be disappointed nowadays. The problem is that this doesn't raise the bar, it lowers it. It's basically saying we're willing to accept mediocrity... and as a friend of mine used to say quite a bit... accept mediocrity and it's all you will receive.
I’m not accepting of it, but I’ll take whatever I can get. I think a few of the issues I had with Halo 5–at first—was me just not knowing the lore. I still haven’t played the entirety of Spartan Ops, nor have I read Escalations, so I’m still not entirely clear on what’s going on in the beginning. I think a lot of 343s issues lie in the fact that they have an over dependence on the Expanded Universe and the lore. As I current lore student, I think that’s cool, but it really sucks for people who either don’t know all of the lore, and people who are just gamers and not lore fans.
There was too much prior knowledge needed to understand Halo 5’s story in its entirety. And considering the fact that they’ve confirmed a few details of Halo 5/6 that only lore fans would really understand—tbh, there’s not much to really understand, but they just need to explain it rather than use its name*—maybe they haven’t yet learned their lesson. It wouldn’t be a hard mistake to fix, this time. They’ve got the right components so far. Chief is the main focus, we’re back on a Halo, OG art style. This game has a lot going for it, and as long as they don’t try to quickly swipe Halo 5 under the rug and as long as they don’t require you read every book and comic and watch every movie/show, they should do just fine!
Spoiler:
Show
I usually buy my Halo games as soon as I can (with the exception of HW and HW2). But after how much disappointed I was with Halo 5, I'll be waiting for reviews from trusted sources before deciding to buy it or not. I don't really want to get hyped only to be disappointed like with Halo 5.
Mirraslogo wrote:
I usually buy my Halo games as soon as I can (with the exception of HW and HW2). But after how much disappointed I was with Halo 5, I'll be waiting for reviews from trusted sources before deciding to buy it or not. I don't really want to get hyped only to be disappointed like with Halo 5.
Totally understand that
Mirraslogo wrote:
Totally understand that
Yup... will be the first Halo game (with the same exceptions) since CE that I won't be preordering and anxiously waiting for.
It's hard to feel any hype, when all you've got to go on is a preview of the game engine and no release date in sight.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2