1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
BidenMode wrote:
BidenMode wrote:
I am glad these modern mechanics exist there is no way Halo game can be popular without any modern twists. The graphics are upscaled xbox one graphics and that's fine for me, these claims of 360 game graphics are baffling. Are you suggesting 360 games can run an open world game at 60 fps, and 4k. Do you realize that textures look worse when zoomed in because the player is not meant to zoom in on textures so closely during gameplay? Obsessively observing every screen shot in fast paced fps, really baffling stuff. You guys need to realize that 4k stable 60 fps requires a baffling amount of gpu power and for those who deny this try to run any open world game at a stable 60 frames with 4k resolution. Unless you have a rtx card, probably at least a 2070 super, you will not achieve these benchmarks. These 360 comparisons have to be in the running for silliest statements I have heard all year. Something like halo 5 4k is a better comparison but even thats not a great comparison because 5 isn't open world.
The 60 FPS at 4k is on Xbox Series X only.

The current gen consoles will not be like that. So yes the graphics should look a lot better. Definitely with current gen 'full' open world games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghosts of Tsushima that look 4 times better. And they were not even built with next gen consoles in mind....
The only thing "next" gen does is add additional features like improved frames, effects, resolution or better lighting (ray tracing) they are still not powerful enough to offer all of these features at max. All of the games you mentioned cannot run at 60 fps on current gen consoles. You are comparing a adventure game at 30 frames with less enemies on screen to a shooter. As I said before Dawn will crush your computer at 4k 60 unless you are running a 2080 ti and that's with stutters. This is my point, what the heck is next gen? It's a marketing ploy to get you to buy a ps5 or series X you will be shocked how little next gen means. And yes I have seen some ps5 gameplay is just looks like current gen games with one of the features I mentioned before. The only legitimate point is the game could of dropped 4k for some additional detail, the game cannot be 30 fps in a 2020 shooter that is unacceptable for me and gunfight seems very stable. This is all to said when you go pew pew you are not going to care about the textures of a tree or how each grass individual blade looks. This is why graphics haven't mattered to me since 2004.
Next gen adds improvements to everything. Including the foundation of game design. Meaning more enemies and objects on any one scene at once, better AI, better graphics, better performance and faster loading. Plus areas can be much more expansive. AND graphics is the main factor in "next gen" for every new gen and always has been. To overlook that because of some pretense that graphics don't matter is naive.

Thankfully 343 Industries have delayed the game so there is hope yet.
tsassi wrote:
BidenMode wrote:
The only thing "next" gen does is add additional features like improved frames, effects, resolution or better lighting (ray tracing) they are still not powerful enough to offer all of these features at max. All of the games you mentioned cannot run at 60 fps on current gen consoles. You are comparing a adventure game at 30 frames with less enemies on screen to a shooter. As I said before Dawn will crush your computer at 4k 60 unless you are running a 2080 ti and that's with stutters.
I'm sure the stuttering in Horizon Zero Dawn is an issue with the port and not a limitation of the 2080 Ti, but that's besides the point.

The real question is: why do you have to run at 4K? I don't know how Zero Dawn looks on, say, a 2070 Super (which to my understanding is less powerful than the Xbox Series X GPU) at consistent 4K60, but but considering it hangs in the 50's according to Digital Foundry, it can't be that far. But if you drop the resolution to 1440p, that should be enough to hit stable 60 fps, and it still looks gorgeous.

In the end, your resolution doesn't matter if your game looks bad because it's being made to hit an arbitrary resolution target. 4K is not an excuse for a game that looks dull and last-gen. 4K or not, I do think it's a bit embarrassing for a flagship title of a new console to look significantly less impressive than a game on an older console.

BidenMode wrote:
This is my point, what the heck is next gen? It's a marketing ploy to get you to buy a ps5 or series X you will be shocked how little next gen means. And yes I have seen some ps5 gameplay is just looks like current gen games with one of the features I mentioned before. The only legitimate point is the game could of dropped 4k for some additional detail, the game cannot be 30 fps in a 2020 shooter that is unacceptable for me and gunfight seems very stable. This is all to said when you go pew pew you are not going to care about the textures of a tree or how each grass individual blade looks. This is why graphics haven't mattered to me since 2004.
"Next-gen" is a pretty vague term with no precise definition, and it's obviously always in flux. But I disagree about it being just a marketing ploy, and in fact, I think it's not so vague as to be meaningless. It can be hard to pin-point exactly why any particular game looks "next-gen" because it's a combination of improvements in resolution of geometry and surface materials, lighting techniques, environmental interactions, and just plain good artistry which combined give a major leap in visual appearance. I think evreyone who cares at least a bit about graphics has had those next-gen experiences when they see a game that just looks like nothing they've seen before, and I do believe that theose are something universal most people could come to agree on.
I agree with you on this point, dropping infinite to 2k resoultion and increasing details is a great idea but I am not sure Microsoft wants to advertise 2k 60 fps, or 4k 30fps. Even with the delay, I am not sure the game can look better significantly better without a drop in resolution from 4k to 2k. I almost don't think raytacing is possible without a drop in resolution either, so if there was a grand solution to this problem I would in fact agree with you and say dropping the resolution is the right call and I hope 343 does something like that. In the end of the day though I am looking for good gameplay and an interesting universe and that part looked promising. I think this is more of a topic for home consoles owners and since I haven't owned an home console in 10 years next gen is not really a big deal to me anymore. I just want fun gameplay in an interesting universe to play in and to chill on some btb for multiplayer. I think the delay will almost ensure that multiplayer will be stable with a lot modes and features with a beta and so this news on delaying the game makes me very happy.
BidenMode wrote:
BidenMode wrote:
I am glad these modern mechanics exist there is no way Halo game can be popular without any modern twists. The graphics are upscaled xbox one graphics and that's fine for me, these claims of 360 game graphics are baffling. Are you suggesting 360 games can run an open world game at 60 fps, and 4k. Do you realize that textures look worse when zoomed in because the player is not meant to zoom in on textures so closely during gameplay? Obsessively observing every screen shot in fast paced fps, really baffling stuff. You guys need to realize that 4k stable 60 fps requires a baffling amount of gpu power and for those who deny this try to run any open world game at a stable 60 frames with 4k resolution. Unless you have a rtx card, probably at least a 2070 super, you will not achieve these benchmarks. These 360 comparisons have to be in the running for silliest statements I have heard all year. Something like halo 5 4k is a better comparison but even thats not a great comparison because 5 isn't open world.

The current gen consoles will not be like that. So yes the graphics should look a lot better. Definitely with current gen 'full' open world games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghosts of Tsushima that look 4 times better. And they were not even built with next gen consoles in mind....
The only thing "next" gen does is add additional features like improved frames, effects, resolution or better lighting (ray tracing) they are still not powerful enough to offer all of these features at max. All of the games you mentioned cannot run at 60 fps on current gen consoles. You are comparing a adventure game at 30 frames with less enemies on screen to a shooter. As I said before Dawn will crush your computer at 4k 60 unless you are running a 2080 ti and that's with stutters. This is my point, what the heck is next gen? It's a marketing ploy to get you to buy a ps5 or series X you will be shocked how little next gen means. And yes I have seen some ps5 gameplay is just looks like current gen games with one of the features I mentioned before. The only legitimate point is the game could of dropped 4k for some additional detail, the game cannot be 30 fps in a 2020 shooter that is unacceptable for me and gunfight seems very stable. This is all to said when you go pew pew you are not going to care about the textures of a tree or how each grass individual blade looks. This is why graphics haven't mattered to me since 2004.
Next gen adds improvements to everything. Including the foundation of game design. Meaning more enemies and objects on any one scene at once, better AI, better graphics, better performance and faster loading. Plus areas can be much more expansive. AND graphics is the main factor in "next gen" for every new gen and always has been. To overlook that because of some pretense that graphics don't matter is naive.

I could be wrong but since the cpu controls enemy ai and since this will release on the base xbox one won't that limit the possibilities of the a.i for this game? And yo after playing pixelated garbage on my n64 back in the day I am really just okay with graphics that are clean and not pix elated during normal game play. I can see the legitimacy of your complaints as a matter of presenting a product to the world with the pretense of great graphics and being disappointed. But I know there is a sub set, a small sub set, who consider graphics to be of lower value and just want the charm back from 3, 2 and especially 1. I think the delay will be great for all fans of Halo.
BidenMode wrote:
BidenMode wrote:
BidenMode wrote:

I could be wrong but since the cpu controls enemy ai and since this will release on the base xbox one won't that limit the possibilities of the a.i for this game? And yo after playing pixelated garbage on my n64 back in the day I am really just okay with graphics that are clean and not pix elated during normal game play. I can see the legitimacy of your complaints as a matter of presenting a product to the world with the pretense of great graphics and being disappointed. But I know there is a sub set, a small sub set, who consider graphics to be of lower value and just want the charm back from 3, 2 and especially 1. I think the delay will be great for all fans of Halo.
Yes. The old Xbox One hardware, being 13 years old is definitely holding the game foundation design back. So aspects like AI can only be so good, as the game has to be able to run on old hardware.

This is saddening. For example PS5 games will not have this problem because they are not limiting or forcing developers to limit their games in this way.

My opinion is that 343 should scrap plans to have Halo: Infinite playable on the old gen consoles. Instead go full next gen and this will make a 10 year plan more feasible.
Nice list you got there, OP. It looked like it was running on base X1 and not the next-gen XSX. Let's see what it will look like in 2021.
After watching the gameplay of Halo: Infinite I've noted these points:

1. Flat looking, sometimes muddy and too clean textures with minimum to no detail.
2. No blood splatter on surrounding environs where enemies are gunned down or killed via melee combat.
3. Lack of grit and dirt on objects/vehicles/enemies/etc. Example the Warthog does not get dirty as it drives through mud. The Pelican does not get damaged on the front window after being hit by three AA guns; nor is the front nose scratched up after crashing into the ground.
4. Brutes look worse without fur and no longer look intimidating. Their face texturing leaves a lot to be desired and has even become a meme due to the extreme low quality.
5. Many of the weapons shown no longer have that Halo look/feel to them with the OG shotgun and Magnum being entirely replaced. Nor do many of them have that metallic feel and punch when firing.
6. Halo: Infinite already has a T for Teen rating on some sites. Which bodes ill for flood to come back. This could also be why there is no blood splatter on the ground anymore; and why there was no red blood when shooting Brutes.
7. Very noticeable object pop in for many in-game assets. Including the following, foliage, fog, Minecraft blocks etc. Even some textures took time to load in. So some serious LOD issues to tackle there. Along with the lighting system that had to reload every time the player exited the tac map
8. No indication of increment weather (Rain, storms, wind??) literally there is no simulated wind in the gameplay. all foliage was completely static.
9. Warthog does not leave tire marks as it drives along the ground through muddy terrain.
10. No splash sounds as Chief walks through water.
11. Bodies disappear extremely fast. So no Halo CE after battle scenes with dead bodies and blood peppering the area.
12. Pylons cluttering up the environment, and ultimately being an eyesore, by making it harder to enjoy the scenery on Zeta Halo. There are ugly looking hexagonal pylons everywhere. And their textures look very muddy.

How is this game even worth it for Xbox Series X when it does not even look like it will utilize the Xbox Series X hardware. This entire reveal was an absolute shambles. Feels like a Destiny wannabe but with worse visuals and cartoony looking characters.

End

EDIT: Was confirmed by 343 Industries that the July gameplay build was a recent build and only "a few weeks old". Not months old like some suspected. So the likelyhood that the graphics and other numerous technical flaws and lack of detail will get addressed by launch date seems even more remote.
This^. After seeing the first trailer a year or so ago, Myself and others expected top quality visuals. The game was going to be on a new game engine they said. Instead we got a glimpse of what looked like a 4 or 5 year old game. Everything listed needs to be improved and or corrected. Also give the game a M rating and give us graphic visuals like CE. and M rating has never hurt GTA.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5