Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Oddball should not be in infinite

OP Turgon T24

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
One of the game types brought in later for h5 and it completely made playing arena not fun anymore it’s a broken game that does not belong
Oddball should definately be in Infinite from launch, as should as many of the old game types which have been in previous Halos as possible.

I can't say more because I have no idea why you think it's broken.
Oddball is a classic that has been around since the beginning of the franchise. It should most definitely return.
I want every gametype to come back. So long as they balance it for fun, that's all I'm worried about.

What about Oddball did you not like in H5?
I’m going to have to disagree with this one.
Oddball is a classic fan favourite and even a personal favourite for me. Playing a game of oddball with my friends is always a blast, I’m sad it’s not as common in rotation these days.

A lot of modes were brought into Halo 5 late, including Infection. Does that make Infection bad too?
As for how Oddball is broken, do you have any examples?
If you’re referring to the ball not being a one hit kill, that’s a gameplay change rather than it being broken and can be adjusted in Custom Game settings - it’s just set different for public matchmaking. Do I like it that way? Not really but I’ll live, doesn’t change the mode in any drastic fashion in my opinion.

I suppose in a worst case scenario for you, if Infinite does have Oddball...you could just not play it? Means everybody wins, the people who want it can play it, the people who don’t like it don’t have to play it.
Oddball definitely should be in!!! How is it broken???

Halo Infinite should have Team Slayer, FFA, Doubles, BTB, SWAT, Infection, Team Fiesta, MLG/HCS and Firefight on launch. Obviously you could have things like BTB heavies in the BTB playlist too.

I would have Team Snipers, Multi Team, Rotating KOTH, Castle Wars, Regicide or Team Regicide and Headhunter in rotating playlists for starters.

I would obviously have social and ranked playlist as well.

Now Warzone, that shouldn't be in or exist Halo Infinite as A huge part of the game would have to be dedicated just to that mode like it was in Halo 5 and loadouts and things should not be in Halo. If I want loadouts and such I will play one of the other many FPS games.

But back on topic, So again, how is oddball broken???
In general, it's preferable to have a selection of base game types which can be used as a foundation for creating custom games. Oddball is a gametype which can be played with multiple teams of any size (incl. Free for All) but it's only the team holding the ball / flag / token who may score points.
Oddball belongs in halo. Maybe in a rotational playlists for those that dont like it. But there is no way a classic mode like this wont be added. I personally really enjoyed it in h5.
This thread is crazy-talk! Of course Oddball should be in Infinite...I can understand if it’s not your ‘cup of tea’ but asking for its elimination could extend to every person with every specific game mode that he/she doesn’t like.
This thread is crazy-talk! Of course Oddball should be in Infinite...I can understand if it’s not your ‘cup of tea’ but asking for its elimination could extend to every person with every specific game mode that he/she doesn’t like.
Every gamemode which is done redundant by another gamemode could easily be removed. The most important aspect is to provide options to customize the gamemodes to your own pleasure which to some extent require some fundamental base gamemodes as a foundation.
Every gamemode which is done redundant by another gamemode could easily be removed. The most important aspect is to provide options to customize the gamemodes to your own pleasure which to some extent require some fundamental base gamemodes as a foundation.
So you want the game mode to have to more customization features in custom games?
So you want the game mode to have to more customization features in custom games?
Essentially, that would work quite well.
Assault is mechanically quite close to CTF.
So CTF could easily be given a few more custom options so it'd be possible to recreate assault.

KotH and Territories are also closely related, there KotH could be given more parameters and options for us to recreate Territories. Was it Domination in Halo 4?

Headhunter is somewhat a Slayer variant.

You see where I'm going with this, right?
Yes, that is definitely true. The limiting factor of possibilities in custom game modes should be our imagination.
Oddball should and most likely will return in Infinite.
Turgon T24 wrote:
One of the game types brought in later for h5 and it completely made playing arena not fun anymore it’s a broken game that does not belong
I am more curious on why you believe its a broken game mode and this, should not return
Well this is just a really silly take
Turgon T24 wrote:
Bad take here. In fact, Oddball should be a release game type. Not only is Oddball a necessity, it is a legendary mode that is a fan favorite.
Isn't it completely separate from the rest of gametypes in Arena?
Oddball is a classic in Halo, it's integral to the Halo experience. Its roots go all the way back to Marathon and its "Kill The Man With The Ball" mode. Why should it be excluded?
I love odd ball. Probably the best of the objective games (in my subjective opinion).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2