Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Odds of Infinite ending with a warthog run?

OP WarBagel 117

Would be a great time to bring it back, spiritual reboot, new influx of players, it'll be released with the new Xbox, nostalgic impact.

Seriously that sense of urgency, seriously excellent way to finish both 1 and 3. Not many FPS games have such epic and urgent endings. Especially with the use of music.

I'd say the odds are decent, but that is pure speculation based on nothing concrete at all, jus the inspiration they seem to be drawing from Halo CE etc...
hmmmmm. remember halo 4... they had a broadsword run... that was just as good, if not better than our traditional warthog run (I know heresy, and halo 4 wasnt even my favorite halo). Warhog runs are awsome, I love them... but at this point, I dont want it forced, and also it seems to be getting cliche. Instead of running from, a running to might be more fitting. Remember that first cutscene in halo reach on the level tip of the spear? Imagine playing as one of the warthogs as you storm into that battle, avoiding wraith shots and banshee fire and crossing that bridge heck ya. Something like that is certainly welcome imo.
But warthog running from yet another explosion... eh... im inclined to say no. Odds are low.
Would be a great time to bring it back, spiritual reboot, new influx of players, it'll be released with the new Xbox, nostalgic impact.

Seriously that sense of urgency, seriously excellent way to finish both 1 and 3. Not many FPS games have such epic and urgent endings. Especially with the use of music.

I'd say the odds are decent, but that is pure speculation based on nothing concrete at all, jus the inspiration they seem to be drawing from Halo CE etc...
I'd say there's a decent chance but I think I'd like just some kind of massive battle first...then maybe some kind of ground vehicle escape run lol

saifa117 wrote:
hmmmmm. remember halo 4... they had a broadsword run... that was just as good, if not better than our traditional warthog run (I know heresy, and halo 4 wasnt even my favorite halo). Warhog runs are awsome, I love them... but at this point, I dont want it forced, and also it seems to be getting cliche. Instead of running from, a running to might be more fitting. Remember that first cutscene in halo reach on the level tip of the spear? Imagine playing as one of the warthogs as you storm into that battle, avoiding wraith shots and banshee fire and crossing that bridge heck ya. Something like that is certainly welcome imo.
But warthog running from yet another explosion... eh... im inclined to say no. Odds are low.
I found the boardsword run very frustrating!! And just not fun overall. The music I also found was... Not sure of the word, but it didn't get me going at all and no I'm not hating on Halo 4, I just genuinely didn't like that whole sequence. It came no where near as good or exciting as either warthog run from 1 or 3. Ground vehicle runs are just more exciting. Getting huge air, doing crazy turns, etc. Doing Halo 3 with 4 players in ghosts... HILARIOUS! I really don't want any more air vehicle runs in Halo ever!
saifa117 wrote:
I found the boardsword run very frustrating!! And just not fun overall. The music I also found was... Not sure of the word, but it didn't get me going at all and no I'm not hating on Halo 4, I just genuinely didn't like that whole sequence. It came no where near as good or exciting as either warthog run from 1 or 3. Ground vehicle runs are just more exciting. Getting huge air, doing crazy turns, etc. Doing Halo 3 with 4 players in ghosts... HILARIOUS! I really don't want any more air vehicle runs in Halo ever!
Im extremely biased XD... im currently studying to become a pilot, and heck, a vehicle with airplane like controls gets me going lol. And yes the 4 players in ghost thing was some of my best memories in halo.
Air vehicle runs in halo... yea i agree with you there, dont want another one of those. I had my fair share in halo 4...
As for the music... ayyy NO lol. You cannot have an opinion on that. jk . but there are parts of the soundtrack 117 that were absolutely godlike. There were parts that seemed unfitting agreed. But ESPECIALLY the end of 117...
The middle part of 117 fit especially well at the end of halo 4 epilogue.
But heck the end of 117... i can play that over and over and over.
I believe a marriage of the end of 117 and warthog run music would be absolutely ... without a question, best halo music ever produced.
Now you gave me the idea... time for me to try to make a sample of what that sounds like, will update you on that when im done.

Not many FPS games have such epic and urgent endings.
Yes! I think the nostalgia and service to long-time fans are especially important to Infinite's success, probably what will prompt them to make something like it at the end of the game.
Well I think the odds currently are as good as a coinflip.

At least it should be something better than H4 QTE ending or the final horde & crawl of H5g. I hope the only way is up from those.

Horde is sometimes fine but infantry mob only is boring, the final horde should be something of bigger scale.

And Warthog run would be fine by me, as long as it's well executed & not just a basically straight run like H4 broadsword run, the ghost run in H4 was better than the broadsword run & it was near the beginning of the game.

Though one thing to improve in Halo is that it lacks some proper bosses.
Remember, Halo 2 did not have an urgent race against time at the end. But it's still considered a classic. I'm happy as long as the game is good, I could not care less if in the end, you are driving the Infinity and you slam the Infinity into the core of Onyx and use the explosion to destroy the Guardians except the one Cortana is on, propel yourself with the explosion and hang onto it through Slip-space.

After some hefty Master-Chiefness on the Guardian, it crashes onto the ring Anders is on. And after some other random stuff you end up on the control room in E3 2019 at the end of the teaser. And when Chief pulls out the AI chip...the game ends.

Anyways, as I said, I don't care at all. Just as long as its a cool ending.
It better do!
I mean, in all fairness, there was only 2 games where you had an urgency Warthog run and that was Combat Evolved's the Maw mission and 3's Halo mission. Halo 2 was going to have one but it got nixed like many things, Halo: Reach didn't have one, Halo 4 had the Broadsword but it wasn't really an urgent run, it was just an 'I can't stop so guess I just fly' mission. Halo 5: Guardians didn't have one either and neither did ODST. So really, it's not exactly a running thing, it's just something that was done two times before.

If it doesn't get one, oh well.
If they do, they actually have to make it feel even more like the sense of driving for your life than they did in Halo 3. Since games these days have more effects, the idea of bringing a lot of pressure to not mess up and play with the clench of your butt... thats how it has to be.
Elephant stampede?
I feel like a Warthog run would be perfect if this was the final Halo game. I'd rather something different this time, like a large final battle. Or hear me out guys, A SPACE BATTLE!
I feel like a Warthog run would be perfect if this was the final Halo game. I'd rather something different this time, like a large final battle. Or hear me out guys, A SPACE BATTLE!
I'd much rather see a space battle! Reach was the last game to have an unforgettable and perfect space level. I know 343i can do a wonderful job on their own space level with all the new technology that is available and make it look great with their new art style.
I'd love this to be a thing. Can't beat a hype, Warthog escape ending! :D
I would say there is a good chance that the final level will have a (insert vehicle here) run. The warthog would be iconic but there are so many cool vehicles that maybe branching out would be a bit fresher.