Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

ODST Rookie as Infinite's Main Protagonist

OP Nightcaster460

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I believe that 343i should retcon his death and bring him back as the main hero for Halo Infinite. What do you think? Would you like the Rookie to return in a new Halo? I definitely think so!
I don't think we should mess with rookie's story.

Also 343 has said for two years now, that the feedback on H5 was overwhelming. People want the focus to be on the chief!
idk i liked playing as him in odst. but this isnt an odst game

Also 343 has said for two years now, that the feedback on H5 was overwhelming. People want the focus to be on the chief!
Not every Halo game needs the Chief though, we just need characters who have good character development either through its narrative or setting. This is why Halo 3: ODST & Reach we’re so well liked. Why many people appreciate Arbiter more than ever in Halo 2.
I believe that 343i should retcon his death and bring him back as the main hero for Halo Infinite. What do you think? Would you like the Rookie to return in a new Halo? I definitely think so!
No, he’s dead and he was a character in a spinoff game. This is supposed to be Chief’s game based on a ton of feedback.
You realize Rook died before the events of Halo 4 right. Just no.
This is will be the story of Master Chief this time. No more no less.
There is no real value in retconning the Rookie’s death. While people’s views differ, his death did have an impact and thought put behind it. Leave it be. Infinite is Chief’s story, though if 343 ever tries to go back to Spartan Ops stories then it’d be a good opportunity to dust off Crimson.
What if Infinite takes place before Halo 4, or is a reboot of the series?

Not every Halo game needs the Chief though, we just need characters who have good character development either through its narrative or setting. This is why Halo 3: ODST & Reach we’re so well liked. Why many people appreciate Arbiter more than ever in Halo 2.
Most of the halo Internet disagrees with you right now. Halo 5 has spinoff characters as the main focus. Halo (6): Infinite is going to be about the chief. 343 themselves have stated this in every interview they've done in the past year and a half.
It was confirmed just a couple days after H:I's announcement that it is a direct sequel to Halo 5
if they retcon his death then new blood is thrown out the window which means buck never joins osiris which means halo 5 isn't cannon and that means halo infinite wouldn't be cannon so rookie wouldn't even be able to be the main character of the game because it wouldn't exist. also it has been confirmed chief is the main character of infinite, if 343 throws that out and shoves in a secondary character that has already died, had his death retconned for no reason which completely screws over halo cannon, the community would be so ticked off especially after how halo 5 turned out, that halo as a franchise would probably die off right then and there. I love rookie but this is a horrible idea.
They already confirmed the events will take place after Halo 5... Did you not watch E3? Or read their news post?
He adds nothing substantial to the story,so he should stay dead.
Not to mention we already have Crimson to fill his role.
I don't know... as much as I'd like to see another person from Buck's squad make a return I've had enough of coming back to life ala Cortana lol
I believe a nameless, personality-less husk of a player vessel should not be a front-and-center protagonist. I'm much rather have an actual character fill that role. Rookie's death served a purpose. Let's not take that away like another character we shall not name.
Isn't Crimson your custom Spartan?
Your Custom spartan is a member of crimson squad.
Your Custom spartan is a member of crimson squad.
Ah.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3