Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Old art style Recruit Armor

OP AnonymousMold2

What do you think the Recruit Armor will look like in the old art Style? Scout changed a lot between H3 and Reach.
Well scout changed a lot because in reach it was the original make, h3 was spartan II/III, and the new halos are spartan iv models. Changes in art style doesn’t exactly mean everything else changes as well.
may just mean that the original look is an armor set - not that everything will have old art style transformation. Like what XLR8 said above
maybe more of an ODST-Style look. (Yes i know it already looks ODST-esque but the helmet is fugly compared to the normal ODST Helmet)
What do you think the Recruit Armor will look like in the old art Style? Scout changed a lot between H3 and Reach.
The Scout armour in Halo Reach is the "MJOLNIR Mark V (B) - Scout Variant", while the Halo 3 version is the "MJOLNIR Mark VI - Scout Variant". In addition, the Halo 4 Scout armour is the "MJOLNIR Generation 2 - Scout Variant".

I don't think the standard MJOLNIR Gen 2 armour (or "Recruit") needs to change much to fit into Bungie's artstyle. Its design is already quite classic-Halo; at least the helmet is. It just needs better texturing.
Austin5098 wrote:
maybe more of an ODST-Style look. (Yes i know it already looks ODST-esque but the helmet is fugly compared to the normal ODST Helmet)
New ODST helms look ugly. We got a sneak peak of them in Halo 2 Anniversary and the Halo 5 concept art. They look hideous compared to Reach/3/ODST.
I'd like to have the Recruit armor back from Halo Reach. Still one of my favorite armor sets in the entire series.
I don't think they will redesign it. It is already too good and one of the most recognizable helmets in Halo. If they do it, at least keep the original Recruit too.
I'd like to see them completely redesign the recruit armor and start fresh. I think it would be cool if the recruit armor was closer to something a marine might wear, something more militaristic and bulky, a mass produced feeling.
I'd like to have the Recruit armor back from Halo Reach. Still one of my favorite armor sets in the entire series.
Are you referring to Mark V[B], which looks like this?
I'd like to see them completely redesign the recruit armor and start fresh. I think it would be cool if the recruit armor was closer to something a marine might wear, something more militaristic and bulky, a mass produced feeling.
I'd like to have it more like nightfall.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Are you referring to Mark V, which looks like this?
It's called Decimator in Halo 5 if that's what you mean. Edit: Meant to quote mylife, sorry.
I think it'll stay the same. Some things are going back to classic, but it's clear some of the new designs are staying, like the Warthog.
I'd like to have it more like nightfall.
Nightfall looking one would be cool to start with. Kind of blends in as a regular soldier but still looks pretty awesome.