Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Old Gen Console Versions should be Cancelled

OP Sparhawk122

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
A difference is Cyberpunk was made for PC players, whilst 343i has said directly it was made for the Series X. The Series X uses very similar tech to the One. However, not releasing it on the One would attract people towards the Series X.
Assuming that people can buy the Series X, which I couldn't...
I guess there are currently 50 million Xbox One's and it would be truly remarkable if the Series X could sell even 10 million units by the time that Halo Infinite releases.
A difference is Cyberpunk was made for PC players, whilst 343i has said directly it was made for the Series X. The Series X uses very similar tech to the One. However, not releasing it on the One would attract people towards the Series X.
Assuming that people can buy the Series X, which I couldn't...
I guess there are currently 50 million Xbox One's and it would be truly remarkable if the Series X could sell even 10 million units by the time that Halo Infinite releases.
You also have to consider that the game is coming November. I'm sure there will be enough Series X's for everyone by then. But, I do see your point.
Yeah, pretty poor decision to make your new console's flagship game that's supposed to last for 10 years an open-world cross-gen game.
A difference is Cyberpunk was made for PC players, whilst 343i has said directly it was made for the Series X. The Series X uses very similar tech to the One. However, not releasing it on the One would attract people towards the Series X.
Cyberpunk was always a cross gen release. It was announced for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Further into development it was announced that a Series S/X and PS5 version would come in 2021.

Yes, initially Halo Infinite was for Series S/X. I read that too. I think it should be exclusive for Series S/X and PC. But they decided to release on all Xbox consoles. I'm still not convinced that will happen. I think there are more bombshell announcements to come.
eviltedi wrote:
A difference is Cyberpunk was made for PC players, whilst 343i has said directly it was made for the Series X. The Series X uses very similar tech to the One. However, not releasing it on the One would attract people towards the Series X.
Cyberpunk was always a cross gen release. It was announced for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Further into development it was announced that a Series S/X and PS5 version would come in 2021.

Yes, initially Halo Infinite was for Series S/X. I read that too. I think it should be exclusive for Series S/X and PC. But they decided to release on all Xbox consoles. I'm still not convinced that will happen. I think there are more bombshell announcements to come.
Cyberpunk may have been marketed for Cross-Gen but the primary development platform has always been the PC, console versions are ports thereof. As such, the PC is also the version that seems most polished. Still not on an acceptable level, of course, but miles better than the other releases.
As for Halo Infinite, to my knowledge the game was primarily developed for the Xbox One X, not the Xbox Series X. (Stupid Microsoft Console Names, as if "Xbox One" hadn't already been bad enough.) Although my info could be wrong or simply out of date. Is there an official statement by Microsoft/343 what the main development platform is?
I'm for whichever decision means that Halo Infinite will be and perform the absolute best that it can. So if that means dropping support for past-gen, then do it. If it doesn't, then keep past-gen.
una yp wrote:
una yp wrote:
i agree, mean fs let the old consoles die. this games coming to pc as well so you already have more platforms than previous halos.
As others have said cyberpunk shows how much work is needed to try and get nxt gen games to work on old gen systems and its just not worth the hassle. just think how much better cp could of been if they didn't have to spend loads of dev time trying to get cp working on the ps4 at 25 fps lol.

let it go MS. focus on nxt gen systems and pc.
Halo infinite is an old gen game though. Why the -Yoink- cancel it. I am sure as -Yoink- not trying to spend an extra 300 dollars just to play halo. And I swear cyberpunk is the only argument yall use as reasoning. Well cyberpunk sure plays fine on my Xbox one s so -Yoink!- with that garbage argument.
.... the point is its pulled dev time awy from the game and the focus on getting it working on old systems. .. focusing on nxt gen is the way to go . There is a reason why new systems come out. ...
I think focusing on new gen is the way to go as well, it's how it's always been when a new game comes out for a new console.. people with the old console had to upgrade.

This is healthy for a company's sales, to increase the purchase of their new console to enjoy the latest tech in the new games..

I would also assume lots of time has been spent trying to fine-tune this for old consoles.. and I'm sure its holding back the new generation of gaming in at least one way!
I'm for whichever decision means that Halo Infinite will be and perform the absolute best that it can. So if that means dropping support for past-gen, then do it. If it doesn't, then keep past-gen.
The really nice thing if old generation consoles do perform well with all of this is the player base!

I'm too excited 😁
I'm for whichever decision means that Halo Infinite will be and perform the absolute best that it can. So if that means dropping support for past-gen, then do it. If it doesn't, then keep past-gen.
The really nice thing if old generation consoles do perform well with all of this is the player base!

I'm too excited 😁
Considering that the July 2020 gameplay was running on a high spec PC and still looked bad. Imagine how bad and how poorly the old gen consoles were and are....

Old gen is too outdated. All it does it hold back progress. Aka cripple new game development..
I'm for whichever decision means that Halo Infinite will be and perform the absolute best that it can. So if that means dropping support for past-gen, then do it. If it doesn't, then keep past-gen.
The really nice thing if old generation consoles do perform well with all of this is the player base!

I'm too excited 😁
Considering that the July 2020 gameplay was running on a high spec PC and still looked bad. Imagine how bad and how poorly the old gen consoles were and are....

Old gen is too outdated. All it does it hold back progress. Aka cripple new game development..
The demo's graphics were not finished, far from it, in fact. 343 said themselves that several more texturing passes have been done at this point, and the most recent screenshots we've seen have supported this. You can't judge the quality of a painting when it's not even finished yet.

Even if they dropped the previous generation of consoles, 343 have said that the game is already "content complete", meaning the game is most likely already in the beta phase. Heck, flighting is scheduled to begin early this year. Dropping support for the old consoles isn't going to change anything at this point.
Celestis wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
A difference is Cyberpunk was made for PC players, whilst 343i has said directly it was made for the Series X. The Series X uses very similar tech to the One. However, not releasing it on the One would attract people towards the Series X.
Cyberpunk was always a cross gen release. It was announced for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Further into development it was announced that a Series S/X and PS5 version would come in 2021.

Yes, initially Halo Infinite was for Series S/X. I read that too. I think it should be exclusive for Series S/X and PC. But they decided to release on all Xbox consoles. I'm still not convinced that will happen. I think there are more bombshell announcements to come.
As for Halo Infinite, to my knowledge the game was primarily developed for the Xbox One X, not the Xbox Series X.
Cyberpunk. Yes I know, but it was always coming to base Xbox One and PS4, it was announced like that long before we knew about Series X/S. My point being it was not made only for PC players, the Series X port is very good too, but as you say, still not acceptable.

I didn't say Halo Infinite was developed primarily for the Series X, but I have a suspicion it possibly is from what I read. From what I recall reading Halo Infinite had been initially implicated to be exclusive for Xbox Series X/S,,, or words to that effect.

I'll try and find where I read it. I'm sure I'm not insane lol, not yet anyway. It was around the time Frank O'Connor announced it was being developed for Xbox One, mid to late 2019 I think. Also comments like "Halo Infinite's Xbox One version won't be second class" make me suspicious.
Remember when new games were designed specifically with the new console in mind? And didn't try to "cross generations"?

Last I checked Halo 3 was NOT on the OG Xbox, and Halo 5 was NOT on the 360.

Suck it up and leave the old tech behind.
Old Gen versions of the game should be limited to multiplayer, please don't let the anemic hardware hold back the campaign and firefight, forge modes please.

It will also give me a reason to buy the series x because at the moment I just don't have one.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Remember when new games were designed specifically with the new console in mind? And didn't try to "cross generations"?

Last I checked Halo 3 was NOT on the OG Xbox, and Halo 5 was NOT on the 360.

Suck it up and leave the old tech behind.
Honestly, true. And there is the cheaper version of next-gen with the Series S. People won't be limited to the $500 upgrade of the Series X.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Remember when new games were designed specifically with the new console in mind? And didn't try to "cross generations"?

Last I checked Halo 3 was NOT on the OG Xbox, and Halo 5 was NOT on the 360.

Suck it up and leave the old tech behind.
Honestly, true. And there is the cheaper version of next-gen with the Series S. People won't be limited to the $500 upgrade of the Series X.
Likely the Xbox Series S will be available in bigger numbers soon too. And the MSRP is $300 so it is very affordable.

There's not really any excuse when there is a new gen alternative at such a cheaper option.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Remember when new games were designed specifically with the new console in mind? And didn't try to "cross generations"?

Last I checked Halo 3 was NOT on the OG Xbox, and Halo 5 was NOT on the 360.

Suck it up and leave the old tech behind.
Exactly. They were new gen only launch titles. Which worked best and hence why they were leaps and bounds from each other technology wise.

With Halo: Infinite being cross gen it will not feel like a big improvement from current gen games. And people will be disappointed as they will expect a new gen experience when they play the game; and they will not get it.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Remember when new games were designed specifically with the new console in mind? And didn't try to "cross generations"?

Last I checked Halo 3 was NOT on the OG Xbox, and Halo 5 was NOT on the 360.

Suck it up and leave the old tech behind.
Exactly. They were new gen only launch titles. Which worked best and hence why they were leaps and bounds from each other technology wise.

With Halo: Infinite being cross gen it will not feel like a big improvement from current gen games. And people will be disappointed as they will expect a new gen experience when they play the game; and they will not get it.
I agree 100%, suck it up, buy the new gen console. Just compare it to the yearly phone upgrades. As console gamers, we are lucky.
how bout we cancel cancel culture thats a good idea!
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Remember when new games were designed specifically with the new console in mind? And didn't try to "cross generations"?

Last I checked Halo 3 was NOT on the OG Xbox, and Halo 5 was NOT on the 360.

Suck it up and leave the old tech behind.
Exactly. They were new gen only launch titles. Which worked best and hence why they were leaps and bounds from each other technology wise.

With Halo: Infinite being cross gen it will not feel like a big improvement from current gen games. And people will be disappointed as they will expect a new gen experience when they play the game; and they will not get it.
I agree 100%, suck it up, buy the new gen console. Just compare it to the yearly phone upgrades. As console gamers, we are lucky.
Amen.
Maybe just the free MP on all Xbox Ones and pc game pass. If there's a large scale battle Royale mode, maybe keep that Next gen only.

& I'm definitely think next gen for the campaign
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7