Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

One of the most important things in Japan

OP tenchosan

It's the voice actor of the Master Chief.
HALO Infinite audio director Tojima changes the voice actor of the Master Chief at his discretion
And there was a thing that tore Japanese fans at the time of HALO 4
HALO 5 sells hidden voice actors while receiving questions from many fans
It made the fans sad.
Think about it? Can you think of a Master Chief who isn't Steve?
For the Japanese, Mr. Tani was the right master chief.
First of all, I thought it was important that the information was open.
At HALO 5, MS didn't answer for fear of fan reaction.
As a result, I lost trust.
I also told Mr. Tojima at the time of HALO 4
When the change of the chief voice actor shocks the fans and it will hurt more than 10 years after that
If the next chief is also the voice of HALO4, HALO5,
Even if you lose Japanese
I want you to open the information first.
It's amazing how jarring a change in voice actor can be. Even more so for a character where the voice is the entire personality of the character. Hopefully they get it right this time.
I'm always impressed with the power of the community
MS was driven by the community's interest in Japan, and XBOX SX launched in Japan in November.
I'm just grateful. I believe that XBOX in Japan is small but passionate.
Voice problems get to direct the re-interested in the people liked the old days XBOX360
I think it's one point. I hope it will be treated properly.
That's why I always use subtitles for any sort of international media. Mainly Netflix shows in German, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, etc. I find that the original cast (and corresponding voice) for any production will be the most fit for capturing the director's vision.

In games the whole thing is a dub for all languages I suppose, but I still think there is merit in staying faithful to the original source and using subs.
This was brought up a few years ago as well. The weird thing is that they wanted to replace both Master Chief and Cortana's English voices early in Halo 4's development, but decided against it.

Hopefully they bring back the original Japanese voice for Chief, it would be great for a game like Halo Infinite to have return.
There is no doubt that HALO's Master Chief was Mr. Tani for Japanese players.
Recently, the voice of Mr. Oyama has been used more and more in spin-off works,
After all, Chief = Mr. Tani.
Also, the voices of Mr. Tani and Steve are very similar.
I would like to ask for the right person in the right place ...
I would be extremely disappointed if they randomly got another va besides Steve to do Chief unless they had to. Is there a reason they changed the Japanese va?
I would be extremely disappointed if they randomly got another va besides Steve to do Chief unless they had to. Is there a reason they changed the Japanese va?
From what I looked around, it seems to be just the japanese audio director's choice.
From what I looked around, it seems to be just the japanese audio director's choice.
Any reason though? For example did they have some kind of dispute? Did the va not want to reprise the role or too busy or something?
Any reason though? For example did they have some kind of dispute? Did the va not want to reprise the role or too busy or something?
I used to say that the chief voice actor after H4 was Mr. Oyama.
It was Mr. Koyama.
Mr. Koyama is a famous and popular voice actor compared to Mr. Tani.
Mr. Tani was a good master chief but wasn't chosen after H4.
However, he is still active and in Japan he plays Ares of GOD OF WAR and Mr. Bill of TLOU.
Mr. Koyama is certainly capable, but he was not suitable for the chief.(I felt so)
An article from Kotaku merely said this:

Quote:
Tojima replied that the voice cast choice was "strongly influenced by 'my own feelings'" and that when the game is released and people play it, if they are disappointed by the cast, it will be entirely his responsibility.
Source: https://kotaku.com/how-halo-4-is-now-pissing-off-rabid-japanese-fans-5940912
An article from Kotaku merely said this:

Quote:
Tojima replied that the voice cast choice was "strongly influenced by 'my own feelings'" and that when the game is released and people play it, if they are disappointed by the cast, it will be entirely his responsibility.
Source: https://kotaku.com/how-halo-4-is-now-pissing-off-rabid-japanese-fans-5940912
Oh wow. Well then if the Japanese community prefers the original guy I hope they go back to him.
I hope you get the original voice actor back. As has been touched on, I can’t see anyone else taking Steve Downes’ place as Master Chief. Just not the same without the original voice.