Skip to main content
Have seen a lot of people commenting on the overpower of some weapons. Mainly
Have seen a lot of people commenting on the overpower of some weapons. Mainly
Mainly the side kick and the Assault Rifle. These will be very helpful during the campaign on harder difficulties surely and we have to play with this in mind.
infinite has to be the first halo game where i'm getting shredded by an assault rifle player who's outside of my radar range.
The assault rifles really only OP gun right now the sidekick needs a buff
I see a lot of mixed opinions. My theory: nobody is used to how the weapons are supposed to work and so they assume they're all just generic and do the same thing.

See plenty of people saying the AR is too OP then immediately see the AR takes too long to kill. Which is it? The weapon is fine it's the player who is the problem
FTC Anvil wrote:
See plenty of people saying the AR is too OP then immediately see the AR takes too long to kill.
because its inconsistent. it has a ttk of 1 second if you land the headshot but takes a lot longer if you don't, which can often be outside of your control due to the spread. they also shifted away a lot of the assault rifle's close ranged power to make it a weapon viable at mid range, the assault rifle is getting very fast crossmap kills it should not be capable of.
FTC Anvil wrote:
See plenty of people saying the AR is too OP then immediately see the AR takes too long to kill.
because its inconsistent. it has a ttk of 1 second if you land the headshot but takes a lot longer if you don't, which is usually outside of your control due to the spread. they also shifted away a lot of the assault rifle's close ranged power to make it a weapon viable at mid range, the assault rifle is getting very fast crossmap kills it should not be capable of.
If you control your trigger squeezes, then you don't get such out of control spread.
IBiZaR wrote:
I'd rather get killed regularly by ARs than pistols like halo 5

Except I can't even say that because the pistol is really good in infinite... if you use it right. LIKE EVERY OTHER WEAPON.
FTC Anvil wrote:
IBiZaR wrote:

Except I can't even say that because the pistol is really good in infinite... if you use it right. LIKE EVERY OTHER WEAPON.
You are completely wrong the pistol is not good in infinite range it’s terrible so In a map like behemoth what am I gonna do spray and pray my AR from 40 m away close range the pistols a little bit better but it’s still in accurate it best just like halo fives pistol had that problem….
IBiZaR wrote:
FTC Anvil wrote:
IBiZaR wrote:

You are completely wrong the pistol is not good in infinite range it’s terrible so In a map like behemoth what am I gonna do spray and pray my AR from 40 m away close range the pistols a little bit better but it’s still in accurate it best just like halo fives pistol had that problem….
The pistol can easily outmatch an AR at close range, like it's supposed to. The AR can easily outmatch a pistol at mid range, like it's supposed to.
Again, the pistol is really good, IF YOU USE IT RIGHT.

You missed that part, obviously.
IBiZaR wrote:
FTC Anvil wrote:
IBiZaR wrote:

Of course the pistol suck at range, is a -Yoink- pistol not H5 magnum sniper -Yoink-. Also a finisher weapons
Tha AR is good but he can be outgun by every weapon at range and close range
FTC Anvil wrote:
FTC Anvil wrote:
because its inconsistent. it has a ttk of 1 second if you land the headshot but takes a lot longer if you don't, which is usually outside of your control due to the spread. they also shifted away a lot of the assault rifle's close ranged power to make it a weapon viable at mid range, the assault rifle is getting very fast crossmap kills it should not be capable of.
If you control your trigger squeezes, then you don't get such out of control spread.
Pistol has a faster TTK than the AR. People can't hit shots. I think the balance is fine as long as you don't rush to slam instead you methodically shoot on both weapons.