1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
343i I don't believe have ever made a fully focus free roam open world game before. Who's to say that they don't mess up Halo 6 with their first time? Flight programs can only get then so far from what the fans want to what they need to put in there.

I don't want a mission where we are sent to deal with a huge flying dragon creature in the Halo ring because he was a problem. By then, you can legitimately see the RPG.
lmao a dragon in halo good one how do we know its a terrible idea we don't know for sure if it is or now you may never know it could be the best things to happen to the franchise in recent times we simply wont know till we see more/play it ourselves
A better alternative to “open world” would be more open missions. Halo has never really reclaimed the openness that CE had. I’m sure others have already suggested this though.
343i I don't believe have ever made a fully focus free roam open world game before. Who's to say that they don't mess up Halo 6 with their first time? Flight programs can only get then so far from what the fans want to what they need to put in there.

I don't want a mission where we are sent to deal with a huge flying dragon creature in the Halo ring because he was a problem. By then, you can legitimately see the RPG.
lmao a dragon in halo good one how do we know its a terrible idea we don't know for sure if it is or now you may never know it could be the best things to happen to the franchise in recent times we simply wont know till we see more/play it ourselves
Well we've seen many creatures in Halo that look like they belong in Kong: Skull Island. They even wanted to add more creatures that look worse in Halo CE before that was scrapped. A dragon is the least of he worries on what could be brought.
I am against an open world Halo. I think it will be terrible. I'm also against an RPG. I don't want to choose missions with rewards. But I'm not against open world missions. That is fine with me with thosr that agree.
I am against an open world Halo. I think it will be terrible. I'm also against an RPG. I don't want to choose missions with rewards. But I'm not against open world missions. That is fine with me with thosr that agree.
I mean frank's comment about infinite being capacious plus the trailer itself seem to imply a lot more explorable halo campaign which I am absolutely down for I wouldn't mind a open world if done right
I would give my left nut for a open world Halo game with custom spartan multiplayer missions and a hub world for us to all gather. Think Mass Effect Andromeda: Halo edition.
Yes! Was saying the same I hope its not open world or anything like that 😂
sniper945 wrote:
But I'm on the side of no battle Royale. As much as it's a possibility, the mechanics would probably change the main game to much. Unless they go on a totally new type of battle royal, kinda like how people make those forge hunger games maps. Imagine those on a large scale and thats pretty much what it would be.
Just have the custom game settings for it. It might be different from the normal mechanics, but I feel it can coexist with normal gameplay.
An open world could be alright if it were done like ODSTs Mombasa streets, where you have to interact with a "clue" to start the mission. I thought wondering around the streets taking out covenant patrols was pretty cool.
Open world Halo game gives us a beautiful path to free roam and relax especially if the landscape is beautiful. However, with an open world to just roam leads nothing exciting.. like No Man's Sky. The only thing that would be good for Halo 6 would be the missions. And you know what missions lead to? RPG game.

RPG games have beautiful open world maps to go through and roam. What tops that is the missions, the quest, something to go through besides riding around in a car or killing something. Not just that, you also have a loot system, customization, and sometimes choice making. And that isn't what Halo is. Even if all that was taken out, a free roam game alone isn't that complex/unique.
the LAST thing i want, is another boring farcry experience. I cannot play open world shooters, they're so boring. Drive to point A to kill someone, drive all the way back, now go fly over here, kill that. fly back.
I don't think open world for Infinite is a horrible concept, but the execution would have to be unique and perfect, and still Halo. A lot of open world games are/get bland because there's nothing in them, or aren't dynamic. Based on 343's demonstration of the Slipspace engine, it seems they have the capability to do things other game engines simply aren't capable of. The herd of Rhinos and deer, as well as the many different landscapes and the graphical quality shown tell me that if they are making Infinite open world, there will be no other open world game like it. Whether that will be for better or for worse remains to be seen.
Cyan1de02 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
But I'm on the side of no battle Royale. As much as it's a possibility, the mechanics would probably change the main game to much. Unless they go on a totally new type of battle royal, kinda like how people make those forge hunger games maps. Imagine those on a large scale and thats pretty much what it would be.
Just have the custom game settings for it. It might be different from the normal mechanics, but I feel it can coexist with normal gameplay.
definitely, it could even possibly get a playlist of its own eventually. With the direction of forge it should be possible.
I think they were going for open levels because I hope to god 343i is not that stupid
Wasn't ODST open world-ish?
Based on 343's demonstration of the Slipspace engine, it seems they have the capability to do things other game engines simply aren't capable of.
Such as? I have hard time thinking of features that the player will see (or that are visible in that kind of tech demo), that are worth implementing, that other developers investing a lot of money in their engines couldn't also do. It's not like game engine development is some black magic. You have real world constraints on how fast you can make the algorithms that can produce a given visual effect, and everybody who puts lots of money into engine development probably has the skilled programmers who know the most efficient methods for creating nice visual effects.

You have to remember that game engine tech demos are not representative of what you will actually see in the games. Even if running in real time, they consist of scenes carefully crafted to display the engine features. When you don't need to worry about the camera suddenly turning and wandering off into the distance, you can leave out a lot of detail in the background or detail that isn't going to be visible to the camera, and focus on what is. Unreal engine did this in real time in 2011. Suffice to say, no game in a few years looked anything like that (and frankly, even today in many ways don't). These tech demos that don't show any in-game footage should always be taken with a grain of salt.
tsassi wrote:
Based on 343's demonstration of the Slipspace engine, it seems they have the capability to do things other game engines simply aren't capable of.
Such as? I have hard time thinking of features that the player will see (or that are visible in that kind of tech demo), that are worth implementing, that other developers investing a lot of money in their engines couldn't also do. It's not like game engine development is some black magic. You have real world constraints on how fast you can make the algorithms that can produce a given visual effect, and everybody who puts lots of money into engine development probably has the skilled programmers who know the most efficient methods for creating nice visual effects.

You have to remember that game engine tech demos are not representative of what you will actually see in the games. Even if running in real time, they consist of scenes carefully crafted to display the engine features. When you don't need to worry about the camera suddenly turning and wandering off into the distance, you can leave out a lot of detail in the background or detail that isn't going to be visible to the camera, and focus on what is. Unreal engine did this in real time in 2011. Suffice to say, no game in a few years looked anything like that (and frankly, even today in many ways don't). These tech demos that don't show any in-game footage should always be taken with a grain of salt.
I understand what an engine demo is, but it is still indicative of certain advancements that I believe are quite impressive, even as an engine demo. I watched E3 on a 75 inch 4k HDR tv with my Xbox one X, and the plethora of detail and lighting enhancements bring a whole new level of fidelity, and is maintained throughout the demo regardless of location and number entities onscreen. It is these simple factors alone that demonstrate the exciting power of the slipspace engine as possibly being a generational leap in graphical quality that can be maintained with more stability than it's predecessors. Though this is but one demo that is also an engine trailer, so I agree that it obviously isn't wholly indicative of the final products actual performance on xbox, I still believe that due to the extra development time given to build this brand new engine, it will at the very least push the Xbox one x to it's highest graphical output, and be a very impressive advancement for both Halo and the Xbox.
tsassi wrote:

I understand what an engine demo is, but it is still indicative of certain advancements that I believe are quite impressive, even as an engine demo. I watched E3 on a 75 inch 4k HDR tv with my Xbox one X, and the plethora of detail and lighting enhancements bring a whole new level of fidelity, and is maintained throughout the demo regardless of location and number entities onscreen. It is these simple factors alone that demonstrate the exciting power of the slipspace engine as possibly being a generational leap in graphical quality that can be maintained with more stability than it's predecessors. Though this is but one demo that is also an engine trailer, so I agree that it obviously isn't wholly indicative of the final products actual performance on xbox, I still believe that due to the extra development time given to build this brand new engine, it will at the very least push the Xbox one x to it's highest graphical output, and be a very impressive advancement for both Halo and the Xbox.
You must be rich, lol
Maybe it isn't a completely open world, maybe is just a semi-open world or just a big map, because if is open world the mechanics will change and if it changes the people will be upset, like me
Zepher03 wrote:
tsassi wrote:

You must be rich, lol
sorta not really
Zepher03 wrote:
tsassi wrote:

You must be rich, lol
sorta not really
Parents have a big bank account, 😂
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6