OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
I am against an open world Halo. I think it will be terrible. I'm also against an RPG. I don't want to choose missions with rewards. But I'm not against open world missions. That is fine with me with thosr that agree.
Well, I'm not a video game dev so I wouldn't know how easy it would be to implement, but I have an idea for a solution:

'Press and hold up on D-pad to be transported by Pelican to your next objective.'

Sound good?
I welcome an Open World Halo. Really, Halo 3: ODST was the closest we got to something like that.
Same here, the huge levels that we had in Halo CE but bigger. With free roam, side quests, main missions etc. An open world Halo would be fantastic, being able to interact with it is another bonus. We've had so many Halo games with beautiful vistas, but it's always the same, you can look but not touch.
It would likely end up like bad mash up of Halo and Farcry, but somewhere down the line as a spin off side game that would be OK, just it would be better they don't do it with a main line title MC Halo
I haven't checked this thread in a while but I'll just reiterate that I absolutely believe an open-world Halo could work if done appropriately. The engine trailer gave off a very "breath of the wild"-ish feeling and I'm honestly all for something like that. Explore, drive around in a hog or whatever you can find, kill covies, and maybe "liberate" those forerunner tower structures which unlock more of the map or make it visible on your map. Stuff like that. As long as it's not done in a Rockstar Games sense where you have all these repetative grind quests to complete all over the map and you're constantly traveling from one waypoint to another. I've never been fond of that design.
I haven't checked this thread in a while but I'll just reiterate that I absolutely believe an open-world Halo could work if done appropriately. The engine trailer gave off a very "breath of the wild"-ish feeling and I'm honestly all for something like that. Explore, drive around in a hog or whatever you can find, kill covies, and maybe "liberate" those forerunner tower structures which unlock more of the map or make it visible on your map. Stuff like that. As long as it's not done in a Rockstar Games sense where you have all these repetative grind quests to complete all over the map and you're constantly traveling from one waypoint to another. I've never been fond of that design.
I think it may work but even if they did it, some people would automatically think that 343i has messed up. I think 343i should stick to their guns right now, maybe do an open world spinoff.
Also I think they were trying to make it feel like original Halo which had an open feel.
Open world Halo game gives us a beautiful path to free roam and relax especially if the landscape is beautiful. However, with an open world to just roam leads nothing exciting.. like No Man's Sky. The only thing that would be good for Halo 6 would be the missions. And you know what missions lead to? RPG game.

RPG games have beautiful open world maps to go through and roam. What tops that is the missions, the quest, something to go through besides riding around in a car or killing something. Not just that, you also have a loot system, customization, and sometimes choice making. And that isn't what Halo is. Even if all that was taken out, a free roam game alone isn't that complex/unique.
I completely disagree with this.
A free roam game with a huge map would work well with Halo in my opinion. You could find armor upgrades, and they could change the mechanics to allow for more than 2 guns for use as you find them. It could almost have a very Metroid Prime-y feel.
And for multiplayer just use old classic halo gameplay on maps based on different parts of the main map. This could be the rebirth the series desperately needs.
I totally agree with this!!
But Metroid Prime games are focuse only on single-player story. The upgrades did you get on the way you can't really explore the total abilities after the completion of the game, and it's just kinda sad. If you start a new game, you need to get all the abilities over again.
We are all just going to have to find out when more information comes forth. Thank you for the forum!
I hope Halo 5 is open world. I think the Halo EU has endless possibilities for it (unlike a game like, Destiny, with terrible lore).
Honestly, I disagree with everyone saying that Open-World Halo would work because of how good New Mombasa was. There's a significant difference between having a small hubworld that mainly acts as a transition between missions, and basing a whole game around open-world mechanics.
Halo dabbled in the rts genre and it worked because they were side games.Transitioning to an open world game out of nowhere in a mainline game is not a good idea.I just don't want halo to be like the Mario franchise where they dabble in many genres,just stick to fps and rts
Just going on record for those who keep bringing up BR for Halo Infinite, 343 has commented and already said they have no interest in a BR game mode for Halo Infinite.
I'm just really excited to be able to play a modern full Halo game on PC. I haven't been a console gamer for a few years now and it'll be nice being able to play Halo on my go-to platform :)
If its anything like God of War (obviously adjusted for FPS), i think it could be awesome. Side quests/missions would be a great way to introduce more lore into Halo without it being too jarring.
What made Halo campaigns so good was the fact that they had incredible handmade encounters. Open world games are great for creating memorable gameplay instances, but they tend not to be repeatable.

Lets put it this way: a great open world game is great most of the time, but a great linear game is always going to be great.

Moreover there is nothing wrong with making a linear shooter. It became something of a dirty word at the peak of the CoD chasing era, but there is nothing inherently wrong with the single player component being linear. Open World is not an improvement over linear, likewise higher player counts are not an improvement over smaller ones, its just different.

Somewhere in the range of CE-Crysis is about as large and open as I would ever want to see for a mainline Halo game. In a spinoff? Go nuts, but not in your typical "numbered" Halo entry.
My guess is that there will be 8 open world games in one. Each open world game will count as one mission for a total of 8 missions. Some parts within each open world will be linear. There will be a obligatory main objective and several optional objectives. There will also be some "hidden objectives and things like terminals"

Each mission will be about 2 hours long if you do main objectives only. 100% completion will take around 4 hours. The side missions will give you fun fights, extra story, extra lore, and maybe a good req weapon.

On top of the 8 open world missions, there could be some regular linear levels as well.
I think they’re not gonna have it be open world, but rather massive levels like in CE. You will be able to go around the level however you want, like Silent Cartographer. However, I think the missions will still be linear and like the other games, just much bigger, and have more stuff going on in the levels to make it feel more alive.
The ideas are either it is an open world, hub world like ODST, massive mission maps like CE. I rather deal with none. I personally like my single handed missions from point A to point B with a few secret areas to find. A bigger map like CE has to have the same concept and not be massively empty like the second mission on CE.
Well if 343 wants to try to make halo infinite a open world like destiny they can try It basically a 50/50 gamble. Look at halo 1, the game allowed you to explore every part of the environments same with halo 2.
Well if 343 wants to try to make halo infinite a open world like destiny they can try It basically a 50/50 gamble. Look at halo 1, the game allowed you to explore every part of the environments same with halo 2.
And about 90% of the exploration led you to absolutely nowhere but some assault rifle ammo or a terminal. And people complain because they add more advance mechanics in Halo 5 but many agree it is okay to turn their game into open world?
I am against an open world Halo. I think it will be terrible. I'm also against an RPG. I don't want to choose missions with rewards. But I'm not against open world missions. That is fine with me with thosr that agree.
I'm with you on this. Although I'm more looking forward open world missions. Maybe not just open world missions, but several at least. I think that's the next step to be made for Halo. One thing for sure, is that the level design has to change. We are basically offered the same old game over and over again, just with a new coat of paint. That, and successively less interesting/fun games at that. Unsurprisingly, all the good ideas (or almost) were done first. Now they need to do something different. Silent Cartographer on steroids would be nice.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6