Open World Halo is a terrible idea.

OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
Well if 343 wants to try to make halo infinite a open world like destiny they can try It basically a 50/50 gamble. Look at halo 1, the game allowed you to explore every part of the environments same with halo 2.
And about 90% of the exploration led you to absolutely nowhere but some assault rifle ammo or a terminal. And people complain because they add more advance mechanics in Halo 5 but many agree it is okay to turn their game into open world?
Well if you think abut it when bungie first made halo they want to have it where it a mystery feeling and to let us players explore the big open areas and heck maybe out of the map. Now we could explore from anywhere if I remember correctly Halo 1, 2, 3, and odst. Then they decided to limit from going outside the map unless you glitch or mod it or a pretty cool easter egg from Reach, Halo 4, and halo 5. But if 343 is willing to make a open world halo gamesure we all know it may take alot of GBs, but at least they want to try it, like look all of the other open world games, Red Dead redeption, any gta game, Destiny and warframe, they did a good job of open world at least. But It save to save if 343 does make it as open game they better least let us customize our armor like reach was and hopefully add everything from each halo in vehicle wise that should be in it, all classic halo ground and air vehicles like hornet, falcon and saber, many others. And then get rid of the shield restriction when shields are trying to charge but get reset during sprinting.
Well if 343 wants to try to make halo infinite a open world like destiny they can try It basically a 50/50 gamble. Look at halo 1, the game allowed you to explore every part of the environments same with halo 2.
And about 90% of the exploration led you to absolutely nowhere but some assault rifle ammo or a terminal. And people complain because they add more advance mechanics in Halo 5 but many agree it is okay to turn their game into open world?
Well if you think abut it when bungie first made halo they want to have it where it a mystery feeling and to let us players explore the big open areas and heck maybe out of the map. Now we could explore from anywhere if I remember correctly Halo 1, 2, 3, and odst. Then they decided to limit from going outside the map unless you glitch or mod it or a pretty cool easter egg from Reach, Halo 4, and halo 5. But if 343 is willing to make a open world halo gamesure we all know it may take alot of GBs, but at least they want to try it, like look all of the other open world games, Red Dead redeption, any gta game, Destiny and warframe, they did a good job of open world at least. But It save to save if 343 does make it as open game they better least let us customize our armor like reach was and hopefully add everything from each halo in vehicle wise that should be in it, all classic halo ground and air vehicles like hornet, falcon and saber, many others. And then get rid of the shield restriction when shields are trying to charge but get reset during sprinting.
As amazing as having a variety of activities to do, that isn't something Halo really is. Games like 1, 2, 3, Reach and mainly Odst were pretty out there and open. But many of the places were glitches out, modded, or bugged and not purposely. And again, reaching nowhere. Games like Halo 5, you did often find intelligent or secret paths or weapons. Unless open world is finding secret weapons for the mission, that's find by me. But not for open world or an RPG for the matter.

The other games you mentioned started as a great open world already. Unless you're talking about something like Mirrors Edge with vehicles then that's something to relate to but still would belong in a side game.
As amazing as having a variety of activities to do, that isn't something Halo really is. Games like 1, 2, 3, Reach and mainly Odst were pretty out there and open. But many of the places were glitches out, modded, or bugged and not purposely. And again, reaching nowhere. Games like Halo 5, you did often find intelligent or secret paths or weapons. Unless open world is finding secret weapons for the mission, that's find by me. But not for open world or an RPG for the matter.

The other games you mentioned started as a great open world already. Unless you're talking about something like Mirrors Edge with vehicles then that's something to relate to but still would belong in a side game.
Yea but like I said lets give them a chance they have been working on this in secret after halo 5 launch so we can only speculate of what to come but least im happy they made the classic stuff return :)
exactly as I imagine
I dont see the problem with an open world halo game like cmon everyone wants to explore a halo ring, that would be great and it would be an fps too, amazing if done right
I dont see the problem with an open world halo game like cmon everyone wants to explore a halo ring, that would be great and it would be an fps too, amazing if done right
Indeed it will be fps. Cause you know you had the feeling that you would want to see what New Mombasa was like when playing halo 3. Then 2 or 3 years later we gotten ODST to explore open world environment of new mombasa during halo 2 event and before halo 3 event. Then you got the 2 rts games halo wars which the the first one you could control different units and explore the map you are on which the first one take place in the early covenant war from harvest, arcadia, and a forerunner planet on the outer shell and inside of the shell n year of 2531. Halo wars same thing of exploring, but takes place on the ark after halo 5 in the year 2559 and explore bits of locations on the ark which some of it was cool. But I do agree would love to explore a halo ring? Hehe even with either a hog or pelican? Hehe
Indeed it will be fps. Cause you know you had the feeling that you would want to see what New Mombasa was like when playing halo 3. Then 2 or 3 years later we gotten ODST to explore open world environment of new mombasa during halo 2 event and before halo 3 event. Then you got the 2 rts games halo wars which the the first one you could control different units and explore the map you are on which the first one take place in the early covenant war from harvest, arcadia, and a forerunner planet on the outer shell and inside of the shell n year of 2531. Halo wars same thing of exploring, but takes place on the ark after halo 5 in the year 2559 and explore bits of locations on the ark which some of it was cool. But I do agree would love to explore a halo ring? Hehe even with either a hog or pelican? Hehe
Not that I think this will happen, but the whole ODST aspect made me think of this idea. I think it'd be awesome to have a game where you can both explore open world style and play classic FPS style combined. How? Why not have ODST marines be able to scout areas before Chief arrives there? An open world kind of exploration where you could discover all kinds of areas of interest, weapons caches... anything you could imagine finding on a Halo ring... and you could mark those for Chief, which would help him get through the level? Those missions could be optional and you could still play only as Chief if you wanted, but your mission would be more confined to a smaller area and you'd have to find your own way through if you didn't scout the areas first. The more areas you discover and open as a scout, the more areas you can fight through when you play as Chief. IDK, sounds cool to me. lol
Not that I think this will happen, but the whole ODST aspect made me think of this idea. I think it'd be awesome to have a game where you can both explore open world style and play classic FPS style combined. How? Why not have ODST marines be able to scout areas before Chief arrives there? An open world kind of exploration where you could discover all kinds of areas of interest, weapons caches... anything you could imagine finding on a Halo ring... and you could mark those for Chief, which would help him get through the level? Those missions could be optional and you could still play only as Chief if you wanted, but your mission would be more confined to a smaller area and you'd have to find your own way through if you didn't scout the areas first. The more areas you discover and open as a scout, the more areas you can fight through when you play as Chief. IDK, sounds cool to me. lol
Sounds like RPG, or more focused, sounds more like Assassins creed origins. Scouting with a bird, finding weapons caches, getting different paths or weaponry for the mission.. that is fun but as an their own game. Not to mention that missions in a game like you speak of are all open world and you can go anywhere you want. Also, having the enemies to be patrol scripted and combat scripted. While in Halo, many of the missions take you on a certain path (unless you are glitching out) and the enemies are well scripted on what they do when you enter the area.

We will be sacrificing many core elements in Halo to make open world game, missions, and enemies.
seanonix wrote:
I doubt it's open world. Maybe a bit like Destiny though.
Having open world spaces to explore I think would very much benefit halo.

I personally would love it if the main campaign was a long linear journey with massive spaces and the multiplayer had some element of open world spaces to explore with your own spartan you create. Of course have your standard halo MP experiences and warzone but then also introduce some kind of Spartan Ops 2.0 that had deep customizations and large world space portions to explore and play through varying encounters.

Destiny/Division/Warfame esque but not necessarily the same thing.
I think an open world on a halo ring would be insane to explore.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Sounds like RPG, or more focused, sounds more like Assassins creed origins. Scouting with a bird, finding weapons caches, getting different paths or weaponry for the mission.. that is fun but as an their own game. Not to mention that missions in a game like you speak of are all open world and you can go anywhere you want. Also, having the enemies to be patrol scripted and combat scripted. While in Halo, many of the missions take you on a certain path (unless you are glitching out) and the enemies are well scripted on what they do when you enter the area.

We will be sacrificing many core elements in Halo to make open world game, missions, and enemies.
Maybe like cyberpunk or you have linear missions in huge areas and when you complete them you can freely explore them as a halo ring
i think that if they did open world it wouldnt be with cheif it would be your own spartan and a whole different game.
I would just like to see the missions be as expansive as Halo CE's second mission.
Glad to know this post is constant.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6