Opinions on the first look at multiplayer

OP RedMangabey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
The latest Halo community update has arrived with some new information and the first look at the multiplayer. Two images show a human facility apparently as a new map with lots of verticality and weapons and equipment scattered around. What do you think of it overall?
Edit: These are the images if you haven't seen it: img1, img2.
I'm not a fan of the look of the facility, but the map itself looks like it might play really well.

I just hope it's Asymmetrical.
The arena map looks like Halo 5 again. Similar to plaza. Similar art style, clambor and sprint are obviously back with the crates and gaps.

Mixed on it. It just looks okay. I'd rather see a BTB Blood Gulch or Sidewinder sized map preview to better judge. I know they are saving the super juicy stuff for later, but closed indoor blandness doesn't excite me. The rocket launcher is a big highlight here, but that was easy.

Glad Mr. Staten is at the helm too! More time is good, but still cautiously optimistic.
The arena map looks like Halo 5 again. Similar to plaza. Similar art style, clambor and sprint are obviously back with the crates and gaps.

Mixed on it. It just looks okay. I'd rather see a BTB Blood Gulch or Sidewinder sized map preview to better judge. I know they are saving the super juicy stuff for later, but closed indoor blandness doesn't excite me. The rocket launcher is a big highlight here, but that was easy.

Glad Mr. Staten is at the helm too! More time is good, but still cautiously optimistic.
ngl i felt the map was more of a reach vibe, with a bit of halo 3 mixed in it, but yes i can agree on being cautiously optimistic

ngl i felt the map was more of a reach vibe, with a bit of halo 3 mixed in it, but yes i can agree on being cautiously optimistic
That's a fair point. To me it just doesn't have personality and was one of the safest things they could reveal. A bit frustrating to me I suppose. I'd like to be blown away by something unexpected like an awesome Zanzibar/Sandtrap remake, for example haha.
I like it. The human architecture is similar to how it looked in Halo 5, which I don’t necessarily consider a bad thing.
Kind of hard to have any opinion of a screenshot when we don't know anything else about anything don't you think? 😆 It looks a lot better than the demo I saw of the campaign at least...so that's a plus lol ...other than that, that's about it...What else can you say really.... 😂

That's a fair point. To me it just doesn't have personality and was one of the safest things they could reveal. A bit frustrating to me I suppose. I'd like to be blown away by something unexpected like an awesome Zanzibar/Sandtrap remake, for example haha.
It has a look of "remix map" imo. Something like "Riptide" from Halo 5. It is not bad, don't get me wrong, it is just not impressive. I guess they are holding their guns for an official multiplayer reveal. I remember they revealed Halo 5 multiplayer with "Truth" map which look gorgeous, so it is understandable.
Sprint is confirmed...the one screenshot clearly shows a Spartan in the Noble Armor Coating Sprinting. Others have pointed out the pick-ups and other stuff in a different thread.
Here’s my take since the first gameplay reveal in July and those screenshots.

this game will not feel classic at all. It’s likely going to be a weird hybrid of halo reach/5.

Sprint will likely ALWAYS be a base mechanic At least as the maps will yet again be designed for it. There may be a legacy mode of sorts without but it will probably suck because the maps won’t be designed for not having sprint.

Both armor abilities and deployable equipment will spawn on map. Wouldn’t be surprised if all armor abilities are specifically for enhancing mobility. They may have limited number of uses but i think they will have unlimited use (with cool downs) until player death, where they either drop or despawn. equipment will be similar to what was in halo 3 and already shown.

This is what I believe the core fundamentals will be for the entire multiplayer sandbox. I can’t really speculate on hit reg, bullet magnetism, vehicle balance and physics without more gameplay.

This is kinda what I expected well before the gameplay reveal. I did not believe 343 had the guts to actually make a game with classic mechanics. Because of what we’ve seen plus the F2P live service model they’ve definitely lost me as customer and player. I won’t even play it with gamepass and it being F2P.

They are smashing a lot of the most controversial elements of halos gameplay past and present into a single game and giving it a “classic” esque art style to sell to us an evolution of the classic gameplay. reach’s armor abilities, halo 5s base movement and gunplay and.... halo 3’s equipment? Seriously? I’m not an equipment hater in halo 3 but it was clearly a major aspect of the game and the opinion of them in H3 is quite varied. It’s not a universally loved addition at all.

I’d might of been insulted if I was actually surprised by this move. I’ve faced the fact that they simply do not care about what the classic fans want because I can’t think of anything redeemable with what I’m predicting for the multiplayer.

if halo reach merged with 5 is acceptable to you, along with what will likely be a pretty bad live service model for the next decade I hope you have fun. Cause I will be playing MCC or something else entirely if it’s dead by then.
Those player and weapon models are freaking fire!!!!
Visually? It looks great
Oops, wrong thread
Almost everything that has been shown about Infinite has left a poor aftertaste but I'll admit that this is the best Spartans have ever looked in a Halo game. It feels like the best parts of Halo 3 and Reach put together.

Halo 4 Spartans felt too generic to look at. It felt like all the Halo charm was just washed out. Halo 5 was even worse with Spartans looking outright gaudy. I feel like 343 has absolutely nailed the looks of Spartans with this.
Looks like Halo 5 meets Doom. Which, honestly, I don't care about--but this F2P thing really turns me off.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
Here’s my take since the first gameplay reveal in July and those screenshots.

this game will not feel classic at all. It’s likely going to be a weird hybrid of halo reach/5.

Sprint will likely ALWAYS be a base mechanic At least as the maps will yet again be designed for it. There may be a legacy mode of sorts without but it will probably suck because the maps won’t be designed for not having sprint.

Both armor abilities and deployable equipment will spawn on map. Wouldn’t be surprised if all armor abilities are specifically for enhancing mobility. They may have limited number of uses but i think they will have unlimited use (with cool downs) until player death, where they either drop or despawn. equipment will be similar to what was in halo 3 and already shown.

This is what I believe the core fundamentals will be for the entire multiplayer sandbox. I can’t really speculate on hit reg, bullet magnetism, vehicle balance and physics without more gameplay.

This is kinda what I expected well before the gameplay reveal. I did not believe 343 had the guts to actually make a game with classic mechanics. Because of what we’ve seen plus the F2P live service model they’ve definitely lost me as customer and player. I won’t even play it with gamepass and it being F2P. They are smashing a lot of the most controversial elements of halos gameplay past and present into a single game and giving it a “classic” esque art style to sell to us an evolution of the classic gameplay. reach’s armor abilities, halo 5s base movement and gunplay and.... halo 3’s equipment? Seriously? I’m not an equipment hater in halo 3 but it was clearly a major aspect of the game and the opinion of them in H3 is quite varied. It’s not a universally loved addition at all.

I’d might of been insulted if I was actually surprised by this move. I’ve faced the fact that they simply do not care about what the classic fans want because I can’t think of anything redeemable with what I’m predicting for the multiplayer.

if halo reach merged with 5 is acceptable to you, along with what will likely be a pretty bad live service model for the next decade I hope you have fun. Cause I will be playing MCC or something else entirely if it’s dead by then.
Cool. That’s why MCC is there. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
tbh i like it a lot. One thing i felt the art team done right in halo 5 was the human worlds, and tech. it looked really good and still fresh.
The spartans look really good 2, much better already than anything shown previous
The Spartans look incredible, Sniper and Rockets as well! If their goal is to make this game last 10 years like has been mentioned multiplayer has to have a more classic feel. That is just the cold hard truth. There is a reason why MCC has the largest population.. Multiplayer is the most important aspect of this game they have to get right.
Everything looks good imo. The armor, weapons,etc. I am excited but also a bit saddened about the wait. My guess is the multiplayer is gonna be closer to that Mythic playlist in Halo 5. A hybrid of classic and modern Halo. I'm down for it, but my focus is on the story ngl.
looks like a symmetrical map where both teams get a grappleshot each and the invis is in the center. edit- doesnt look symetrical on second look
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7